Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,546 members, 7,823,397 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot (1945 Views)

Ini Edo Stuns In Blue Dress For Honourable Desmond Elliot’s Inaugural Reception / Olamide, Ice Prince, Funke & Others Campaign For Ambode & Desmond Elliot- Pics / Ramsey Noah or Desmond Elliot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by doublekay: 1:26am On Mar 19, 2011
I was born to a Yoruba father and an Ibo mother. I grew up in the Northern part of the country and I am married to an Akwa-Ibom woman. I had my primary education at Air Force Primary school in Jos from where I went to St John's College also in Jos. I studied Economics at the Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos and graduated in 2003.

It was a friend who influenced me to become an actor. My friend wasn't an actor but he always felt that I was cut out for the entertainment industry. As a Christian, I felt that the best thing for me to do was to pray about it. I prayed and asked God to help me make a choice. It wasn't easy but I thank God that He intervened and revealed to me that I should join the industry. I first started with soap operas such as Everyday People, One Too Much, Wale Adenuga's Super Stories and Saints and Sinners. I still feature in Everday People but I moved into the movie industry gradually and today the rest is history

Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by InkedNerd(f): 5:59am On Mar 19, 2011
Let's talk about Desmond Elliot? Ummm, let's not. . . Please!!! tongue
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by Tunmi(f): 7:33am On Mar 19, 2011
[b]Since we are talking about Desmond Elliot
1. He needs to go back to acting school or another performing arts institution if he plans to remain in the movie industry. I have watched his movies and I am disappointed. He does a lot of yelling an he overacts his part similarly to Tonto Dike. There is promise there because I do like his voice and he is one of those people who only needs some polishing on his speech. Whether as a director or actor, he needs to do his research. Reloaded2 was a hot mess. The first part was quite good, it set the plot but somehow when the movie involves a foreign location, the acting turns sour.

2. Exercise os your friend. This is not only a Desmond Elliot problem however. He does not have a babyface and it would help him of he was toned. He does not have to be muscle-bound, just toned so that he does not look like a flabby politician.

3. In the process of doing research, Desmond should hire screenwriters. Look at college graduates for inspiration and hire those people.
[/b]
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by InkedNerd(f): 8:56am On Mar 19, 2011
Tunmi:

1. He needs to go back to acting school or another performing arts institution if he plans to remain in the movie industry. I have watched his movies and I am disappointed. He does a lot of yelling an he overacts his part similarly to Tonto Dike. There is promise there because I do like his voice and he is one of those people who only needs some polishing on his speech. Whether as a director or actor, he needs to do his research. Reloaded2 was a hot mess. The first part was quite good, it set the plot but somehow when the movie involves a foreign location, the acting turns sour.

2. Exercise os your friend. This is not only a Desmond Elliot problem however. He does not have a babyface and it would help him of he was toned. He does not have to be muscle-bound, just toned so that he does not look like a flabby politician.

3. In the process of doing research, Desmond should hire screenwriters. Look at college graduates for inspiration and hire those people.   
[/b]

I know this is meant to be constructive criticism but I can't help but laugh. I hate his acting [along with other Nigerian actors and actresses] as well. As for his body, although I may not like his body, I think that if he's happy and healthy then he should stay as he is. . . On the other hand it wouldn't hurt if he toned up. There's always pressure on actresses to look good so why not the men? One actor I HOPE, WISH, and PRAY would work on his body is Ramsey Noah tongue
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by ifyalways(f): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2011
Tunmi:

[/b]
lol but true.
What a nice way to say mean truths. cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by Tunmi(f): 5:34am On Mar 20, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I know this is meant to be constructive criticism but I can't help but laugh. I hate his acting [along with other Nigerian actors and actresses] as well. As for his body, although I may not like his body, I think that if he's happy and healthy then he should stay as he is. . . On the other hand it wouldn't hurt if he toned up. There's always pressure on actresses to look good so why not the men? One actor I HOPE, WISH, and PRAY would work on his body is Ramsey Noah tongue

I could have sworn Ramsey does. I have never seen him looking flabby. I'm not condemning him for gaining weight. I'm just tired of seeing people getting fatter and fatter. Big is one thing, before Jennifer Hudson lost the weight (and subsequently scared me) her weight was fine. I just want some toning to encourage the public not to let themselves go. Plus, there's a reason Van Vicker is so ogled lol.
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by InkedNerd(f): 7:22am On Mar 20, 2011
Tunmi:

I could have sworn Ramsey does. I have never seen him looking flabby. I'm not condemning him for gaining weight. I'm just tired of seeing people getting fatter and fatter. Big is one thing, before Jennifer Hudson lost the weight (and subsequently scared me) her weight was fine. I just want some toning to encourage the public not to let themselves go. Plus, there's a reason Van Vicker is so ogled lol.

I like the way Jeniffer Hudson looks now. She was huge before. I don't see any reason to be scared. As long as she did it in a healthy manner and is currently healthy then I see nothing wrong wither being the size she is now. As for Ramsey Noah, ever since the I first saw him him Nigerian movies, the dude was been flabby. If you haven't seen him flabby before then take a look at this. As far as I'm concerned, that's flabby. . . I hang out with athletes so compared to what I see when I'm with them and what I see in this pic, that's not toned

Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by Tunmi(f): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2011
Yowza! Do you happen to have a current picture?

Jennifer Hudson's size does scare me. It's as if her head is somehow abnormal compared with the rest of her body. Her size in Dreamgirls was perfect for her body type. I like that she's slimmed and toned up. As long as she's healthy and happy.

http://3.bp..com/_JFZwgN5CZmA/TFTs-Z3TSrI/AAAAAAAAAss/1KsfUBTMRd0/s1600/dreamgirls.jpg
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by InkedNerd(f): 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
Tunmi:

Yowza! Do you happen to have a current picture?

Jennifer Hudson's size does scare me. It's as if her head is somehow abnormal compared with the rest of her body. Her size in Dreamgirls was perfect for her body type. I like that she's slimmed and toned up. As long as she's healthy and happy.

http://3.bp..com/_JFZwgN5CZmA/TFTs-Z3TSrI/AAAAAAAAAss/1KsfUBTMRd0/s1600/dreamgirls.jpg

Yowza? Are you saying you like the pic or you don't like it?

Ewwww, her "Dream Girls" size was huge tongue. If I were her size I'd feel very uncomfortable with my body [before the weight loss].
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by Tunmi(f): 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2011
I don't like him in the picture.

I love her DreamGirls figure. It shows what real women looked like, with curves and all.
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by InkedNerd(f): 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
Tunmi:

I don't like him in the picture.

I love her DreamGirls figure. It shows what real women looked like, with curves and all.

Real women? If I don't have curves then I'm not a 'real woman'? I understand when people use that word [not tryin' to knock you down or anything]. When I hear people use that term, I ask them "So me being the size that I am, are saying I'm not a 'real woman'?". Women come in all shapes and sizes so hearing people say "real women" makes no sense. I know people try to perpetuate Hollwood's ideas of beauty but its not right to use the term because it creates the notion that if you don't look like a non-Hollywood woman, then the manner in which you exist is unnatural. Sorry, I had a time wording what I was trying to say in the last sentence. If I find a way to rephrase what I said then I'll write it over.
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by Tunmi(f): 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
Hollywood has long depicted women as thin, blond, and white. Anything that differs is considered bad. But lately, the tides are changing. And Hudson is one of that. So, it was a pleasure to see someone that majority of women can associate with just by looking at her. Hollywood's perceptions of the ideal woman is not real so yes I liked that Hudson was big-boned. She looked natural not like a round peg in a square hole. And it was a relief to see something realistic.
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by InkedNerd(f): 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2011
Tunmi:

Hollywood has long depicted women as thin, blond, and white. Anything that differs is considered bad. But lately, the tides are changing. And Hudson is one of that. So, it was a pleasure to see someone that majority of women can associate with just by looking at her. Hollywood's perceptions of the ideal woman is not real so yes I liked that Hudson was big-boned. She looked natural not like a round peg in a square hole. And it was a relief to see something realistic.

I know what you mean. After a while it gets a little redundant.
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by Tunmi(f): 3:58am On Mar 21, 2011
Imagine if our actors got toned, so much eye candy lol. And the women too. The directors should really add some health-conscious scenes into their movies, discreetly of course. Take away the wigs and have Nigerian hair styles with the braiding, plaiting, weaving, twists, etc. I have so much hope for our film industry.
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by InkedNerd(f): 5:48am On Mar 21, 2011
[size=1pt]
Tunmi:

Imagine if our actors got toned, so much eye candy lol. And the women too. The directors should really add some health-conscious scenes into their movies, discreetly of course. Take away the wigs and have Nigerian hair styles with the braiding, plaiting, weaving, twists, etc. I have so much hope for our film industry.

Ooooooh, my mind is running wild just thinking about the potential of the Nollywood industry. Although I would love for them to achieve such success, I doubt it would actually happen. Their too caught up in trying to emulate Hollywood in every way possible. I don't mind if they take elements of Hollywood and add it to Nollywood its just that I don't see it happening. They need take example from Bollywood. In my opinion, they've found a nice way to balance Indian culture with non-Indian culture. The only thing I can really complain about with Bollywood movies is when they buy into the notion of lighter skin being better. That is unfortunately something that has cross various cultural lines all over the world.[/size]
Re: Lets Talk About Desmund Elliot by BABE3: 10:28am On Mar 24, 2011
Desmond Elliot is a relatively good actor. smiley The only thing I find repulsive about him are his nails, tongue grin

(1) (Reply)

Ezuroye Is Kinda Hot Oo / Chris Brown Shares Childhood Photo / Toyin Aimakhu To Be Called Toyin Johnson Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.