Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say (1255 Views)

Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say / Phd Student Crushed To Death By Truck After He Was Forced At Gun Point By Bandit / Thomas Orhions Ewansiha: Wife Laments Death Of Nigerian Phd Student In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by lilfreezy: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
WASHINGTON - A Chicago Ph.D. student studying criminology fatally shot her ex-boyfriend at his Southwest DC home, authorities said.

Nijinsky Dix, 37, a student at the University of Illinois Chicago, has been charged with second-degree murder in the slaying Saturday of 44-year-old Terry Hickman, whom she dated for three months, the South Bend Tribune reported.

Shortly before 5:30 p.m., police responded to reports of gunfire at the apartment complex in the nation’s capital.

They found Dix kneeling beside the bullet-riddled body of Hickman, who was pronounced dead at the scene, the outlet reported.

Police said Dix was holding in her left hand a gun, which officers ordered her to put down.

She was also on speakerphone with someone, who identified themselves to authorities as her mother, the Tribune reported.

Her mother told officers that Dix called her and said, “He pushed me, and I shot him.”

Dix was taken to the hospital, where she complained of memory loss and back pain but showed no signs of being assaulted, NBC Chicago reported.

When questioned about the incident, Dix cited her memory problems and asked them for information that could help jog her recollection, the outlet reported.

They showed her a photo of Hickman, which prompted Dix to cry and repeatedly shout, “Get it away from me,” the report said.

Hickman’s family told authorities that he and Dix had dated for three months before the pair broke up in May, the outlet reported. They claimed that Dix had started “stalking” her former flame after the split.

It’s unclear how or why Dix ended up in Washington, DC.

She has been pursuing a doctorate in criminology, law and justice in Chicago, while also working as an employee at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, where she’s the director of a talent search program, according to the colleges.

Notre Dame said they’re “aware of her arrest and will cooperate with law enforcement as appropriate,” the outlets reported.

Dix also faces charges for possession of unregistered ammunition and possession of an unregistered firearm, police said.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/phd-student-stalked-killed-ex-boyfriend-in-southwest-dc-home.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by ZazziAkbar(m): 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Wahala for who eim Gf too sabi book
Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by Righteousness89(m): 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2020
What a life!
So many strange acts are manufactured by humans because we have strayed from GOD Almighty
Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by lilfreezy: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
“He pushed me, and I shot him.” shocked
Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by yemobrown(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2020
lilfreezy:
“He pushed me, and I shot him.” shocked

Can you just imagine the statement? Another person pikin..
Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by lilfreezy: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
yemobrown:

Can you just imagine the statement? Another person pikin..

Very painful something. I'm scared of countries that allow her citizens carry firearm. You are just a quarrel or a breakup away of meeting your untimely death from a bullet.
Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by slawormiir: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad
Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by Karlovich: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
The perpetrator must have Aphonja DNA, they are the only ones capable of committing such heinous crime.
Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by Mayng01(m): 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2020
End of career
Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by gaetano: 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
Mayng01:
End of career
Life imprisonment for sure. She's a danger to society

1 Like

Re: Phd Student Stalked, Killed Ex-boyfriend In Southwest DC Home, Police Say by GreaterFuture(m): 1:26am On Nov 21, 2020
Hmmn, no words

(1) (Reply)

How Police Trailed Hackers Involved In N500m Bank Fraud To Jos / OMG! Mcdonald's Customer Got Fined For Visiting Twice In 14 Hours / Enugu Kidnapings: Victims Reveal Scary Details, Indict Army, Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.