Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

#ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan (568 Views)

Hoodlums Set Enugu North Local Government Secretariat On Fire / Renovation Ongoing At Edo Assembly Complex As Shaibu, Okiye Arrive (Video) / Attack Ongoing At Malikawa In Gidan Goga, Zamfara State - Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan by Altmonk: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
a group of students has taken to the streets to call for an end to the ongoing AUUU strike.

The students stormed the Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan to protest against the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities in the country.

The Protesting students barricaded the entrance to the federal secretariat complex in Ibadan to demand an end to the lingering industrial action that has left them at home for over 8 months now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvwb5t5CS-Q

lalasticlala

Re: #ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan by sammy329(m): 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
sad sad

I just hope that it won't be hijacked by hoodlums
Re: #ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan by bcomputer101: 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
I hope this write up will get to NANS executive and eventually to all our students. The things they need to know.
(1) Most ASUU members are parents whose children are also in public universities, so we are equally concerned that our children are at home.
(2) Some ASUU members are also students who are pursuing their PhD works. So they equally affected
(3)Many of our members have their children in fee paying primary and secondary schools. They need to pay the school fees of those children but lack of salary is hampering that. So they are affected for lack of funds.
(4) The Nigerian lecturers are one of the least paid in Africa and indeed the world. Government agreed to implement African average salary over 11 years ago.Till date, it has not been implemented. To put it more succinctly our students are being trained with virtually lecturers on empty stomach.Therefore, we are sustaining the system with our blood.
(5) We had watched our public primary and secondary schools where most of us were taught became so bad. The teachers working in those schools do not put their children there any more because of the poor learning environment.
(6)With the experience of what government had done to our public primary and secondary schools, it will irresponsible on our part to allow the government to run down our universities too.

As you may probably be aware most of the people at the helm of affairs in government have their children either in private or overseas universities.So you can imagine why they are not in anyway concerned if the public universities remained closed.

With the foregoing points, I hope you should be convinced now about the genuiness of our strike and the unfortunately refusal of the government to show understanding.

In conclusion our students should know that we are stake holders in the University system as parents, students and workers. Therefore, do not lump us together with those in government who do not have anything to lose. What you can do is to ensure you convince your colleagues to know why we are having this impasse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan by dawnomike(m): 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
I don't believe this is a good idea at this point in time
Re: #ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
[s]
dawnomike:
I don't believe this is a good idea at this point in time
[/s] What is a good idea at this point? Should they go back home and be eating and sleeping as their destiny is wasting away? Seems you are a newly recruited APC Zombie. One of the requirements is that you people must suspend your brain.

3 Likes

Re: #ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan by dawnomike(m): 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
DamZik:
[s][/s] What is a good idea at this point? Should they go back home and be eating and sleeping as their destiny is wasting away? Seems you are a newly recruited APC Zombie. One of the requirements is that you people must suspend your brain.
Smile
Re: #ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan by Enudapan: 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

In as much as I support there protest demands
Buh the should stop forget ASUU
Cos this particular protest Will yeild nothing
When I mean nothing, I mean nothing
The should stop being a lazy ass, playing bet9ja, sleeping on Twitter and waiting for ASUU
To resume school
The should all go and learn handwork or better still start taking mushin weed and start up a B0mbing career (cos it helps)

Feel free to attack me..
While I lit up my mushin weed
Re: #ENDASUUSTRIKE Ongoing At Federal Government Secretariat, Ikolaba Rd, Ibadan by Localemperor: 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
bcomputer101:
I hope this write up will get to NANS executive and eventually to all our students. The things they need to know.
(1) Most ASUU members are parents whose children are also in public universities, so we are equally concerned that our children are at home.
(2) Some ASUU members are also students who are pursuing their PhD works. So they equally affected
(3)Many of our members have their children in fee paying primary and secondary schools. They need to pay the school fees of those children but lack of salary is hampering that. So they are affected for lack of funds.
(4) The Nigerian lecturers are one of the least paid in Africa and indeed the world. Government agreed to implement African average salary over 11 years ago.Till date, it has not been implemented. To put it more succinctly our students are being trained with virtually lecturers on empty stomach.Therefore, we are sustaining the system with our blood.
(5) We had watched our public primary and secondary schools where most of us were taught became so bad. The teachers working in those schools do not put their children there any more because of the poor learning environment.
(6)With the experience of what government had done to our public primary and secondary schools, it will irresponsible on our part to allow the government to run down our universities too.

As you may probably be aware most of the people at the helm of affairs in government have their children either in private or overseas universities.So you can imagine why they are not in anyway concerned if the public universities remained closed.

With the foregoing points, I hope you should be convinced now about the genuiness of our strike and the unfortunately refusal of the government to show understanding.

In conclusion our students should know that we are stake holders in the University system as parents, students and workers. Therefore, do not lump us together with those in government who do not have anything to lose. What you can do is to ensure you convince your colleagues to know why we are having this impasse.
What you should understand about this life is this, we all have interest and we are bounded by it. Do not make its seems its the government fault entirely.

1. So because most ASUU members are parents and have their wards in public schools we should not protest? we all have interest here both ASUU, the students and FG. ASUU in their continuous demand over the year have used the interest of the students as smokescreens to drive home their demands but when they eventually receive "change" from the FG, nothing is given or used for the students.

2.ASUU members doing their PHD would have to decide which part of the divide they belong to. life is all about choices.

3.Stop the emotional blackmail, you went on strike, you knew what was coming!!... it is not easy for every Nigerian.

4. The Nigerian lecturer is one of the least paid in Africa. This depends on a lot of factor and it would be unfair addressing it without having my facts right...

5. ASUU have no business with primary and Secondary schools, make una no dey carry matter way no concerns una for head. Allow teachers to fight for their right haba!!!

6. leave primary and secondary schools alone!!

We will protest, we will block all federal road, in the coming weeks thousands of students would flood Nigeria street, this will be look like #Endsarprotest because even street thugs will also join because they are all looking for opportunity to cause social unrest. ( this might be an advantage to ASUU), we will shutdown all economy activities. how can two adult (ASUU and FG) sit without reaching an agreement. NANS will not give in to emotional blackmail..

thank you

(1) (Reply)

Checkout 9 African Presidents With The Most Expensive Private Jets… Number 1 Is / Kwara APC Chairmanship Tussle: Join Us, Let’s Rescue Kwara Together - YPP To APC / Why Is There No News On Biden Inauguration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.