Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,570 members, 7,958,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? (776 Views)

Ikwerre Are Not Igbos, BRACED Counters Amaechi's Claim That Ikwerres Are Igbos / Bayo Omoboriowo Visits Aro Long Juju Tourist Site In Abia With His Team (Photos) / Wike To Ikwerres, Let No One Intimidate You, we’re Not 2nd Class Citizens(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by Goodmarlian: 11:02am On Nov 21, 2020
Before the British took over igboland finally in 1901,there was the aro confederacy which included all southern igbo groups they formed alliance against British occupation of igboland ,they had a strong military force of over 7,500 foot soldiers but they lost the war to a more superior British fire power,but it's a pity people that we call leaders do not know the history of the land they call home,people like wike are not suppose to be leaders because they don't reresent the people.
Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by donbachi(m): 11:08am On Nov 21, 2020
Mmm-mmm!
Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 21, 2020
Goodmarlian:
Before the British took over igboland finally in 1901,there was the aro confederacy which included all southern igbo groups they formed alliance against British occupation of igboland ,they had a strong military force of over 7,500 foot soldiers but they lost the war to a more superior British fire power,but it's a pity people that we call leaders do not know the history of the land they call home,people like wike are not suppose to be leaders because they don't reresent the people.
It's not a new thing ...aro people treated them like slaves ...reason they hate the larger Igbos

Even today there is an aro community in isiokpo in ikwerre lga called aro isiokpo
Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by IamWonderful: 11:20am On Nov 21, 2020
Too much for the igbos on the ikwerre, the hope of aligning with them was shattered into pieces by Wike the wicked producer, the no nonsense governor, brought them to their kneels, pleading for clemency after rejection since 1976. ikwerre please accept the apology of your brothers, they do it no more.

7 Likes

Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by gaetano: 11:28am On Nov 21, 2020
Enough of this ikwerre being ịgbo nonsense. Those people have made their decision and I want us to respect that. Those people denied their identity because of crude oil rent and in a couple of years when oil becomes irrelevant and industrial revolution is needed, I want us all to maintain same energy they brought forth. It's very easier to relate with the ibibio, ijaws efiks and other members of the Niger delta.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by Bkayyy: 11:29am On Nov 21, 2020
Igbochief001:

It's not a new thing ...aro people treated them like slaves ...reason they hate the larger Igbos

Even today there is an aro community in isiokpo in ikwerre lga called aro isiokpo
That is why isiokpo is considered as the head. Others are mere slaves.
By the way Mr OP, no matter what is going on between Ikwerre and Ndigbo their matters shouldn't be publicized like this because when they will start to laugh at them, we will share some of the mockery.
"oji nwanne ya aga izu"
Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by Moferere: 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
IamWonderful:
Too much for the igbos on the ikwerre, the hope of aligning with them was shattered into pieces by Wike the wicked producer, the no nonsense governor, brought them to their kneels, pleading for clemency after rejection since 1976. ikwerre please accept the apology of your brothers, they do it no more.

They are after nothing but oil.

5 Likes

Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by vanunu: 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2020
Igbochief001:

I heard that their ancestors were runaway slaves from Benin.
Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2020
vanunu:

I heard that their ancestors were runaway slaves from Benin.
Nah their kings ...they thought that can save them from aro intimidation

Them no born ikwerre man to sit when aro man is sitting

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2020
Moferere:

They are after nothing but oil.

Does ikwerre land have oil ?

Asa obigbo have more oil than all ikwerre land combined ...this is 100% fact

Not to talk about egebema ...or omuma this are 100% pure Igbos and done deny their identity

Azumini is closer to the sea than any ikwerre land and it's in abia ..

So tell me what ikwerre adds to the big igbo nation

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by ijawcitizen(m): 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2020
Ikwerre people, suffering the consequences of harbouring and interbreeding with igbo migrants.

My Opobo people, be wise!

4 Likes

Re: Did You Know The Ikwerres Were Part Of The Aro Confederacy? by ChangedMan1999(m): 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2020
gaetano:
Enough of this ikwerre being ịgbo nonsense. Those people have made their decision and I want us to respect that. Those people denied their identity because of crude oil rent and in a couple of years when oil becomes irrelevant and industrial revolution is needed, I want us all to maintain same energy they brought forth. It's very easier to relate with the ibibio, ijaws efiks and other members of the Niger delta.

I keep telling them these.

Respect is reciprocal.

If you want respect for your tribe respect other peoples tribe.

Have you not noticed the amount of hate we are receiving because people like this op.

(1) (Reply)

New Year’s Prophecy: Osinbajo Will Become Nigeria’s President- Prophet / Prayers And Worship Conducted For Chief Sunday Igboho / Our Poster Banning Open Grazing Of Cattle Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.