Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Rfha Photos: Little Time Can Save Lives - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rfha Photos: Little Time Can Save Lives (133 Views)

The Only Man Who Can Save Hushpuppy Right Now / The Two People Who Can Save Hushpuppi And Woodberry From INTERPOL / "Your Thick Thighs Save Lives"- Bbnaija Rico Tells Anita Joseph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rfha Photos: Little Time Can Save Lives by black9: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2020
No fewer than 1000 persons within the Iju Ishaga axis of Lagos State benefitted from the recent Rotary Family Health Awareness programme which held across District 9110.
The programme, hosted by Rotary Club of Iju Spring in collaboration with Eritai Foundation, PowerOil and notable volunteers, lasted for 3 days at the popular Balogun Bus- stop roundabout in Ifako- Ijaiye local government.
The programme officially launched on Thursday 19th of November with many people including the President of Rotary Club of Iju Spring, Akeem Rahmon seizing the opportunity to know their health status.
According to President Akeem, the programme is an annual affair to examine the health challenges of residents, which began on Thursday 19th and ended on Saturday 21st of November.
"For now we are seeing more than 200 and still expecting more. We aim to diagnose the people of this community, look at their major illness and challenges on health grounds so we can know what to offer as a humanitarian organisation. Rotary wants to assist them and we encourage every member of the community to participate. We do it annually, this time we started since Thursday, and today Saturday is the last day, yet we are expecting more to mobilize."
In the same vein- especially given the high influx of female participants, Rotary member and Eritai NGO founder Efetobo Omeh encouraged community residents to lend a hand to humanity as what one person might consider small is someone else's need
"Eritai foundation is about assisting women medically. We go to communities, reach out to those who cant afford basic medical needs. We also handle pro bono legal services for female inmates and correctional centers for children. Basically we handle a lot of situations concerning women and children, though in collaboration with Obidi and Human Rights.

Eritai foundation is just a year old and we are celebrating our anniversary next week Saturday 28 of November.

"I'll say to the public, dont be good for census purposes alone, whatever it is you consider too small, theres someone somewhere in need. Whatever it is, lend a hand to humanity, let humanity have a taste of you and you'll be a fulfilled human being." She added.

The programme remarkably attracted all shades of fit and unfit residents who saw the occasion to observe their health status and socialize with the colorful members of Rotary Club of Iju Spring.

When questioned concerning viability of Rotary Family Health Awareness, the Projects Chair at Rotary Club of Iju Spring, Rotarian Abiodun Ogundare discussed other associated benefits while imploring everyone to always know their status.

"The Rotary Health Awareness is a community based programme that enables residents to have access to medical tests and supplies. Also check their blood pressure, sugar level and more. We are about people being aware of their health status so as to know what areas might need medical attention.

The experience is wonderful, as you can see the turnout is huge. The aged, the young, all the Rotarians and volunteers working hand in hand to make the project a huge success to the glory of God. This is not my first time, as a young Rotaractor back then, occasions like this come up at specified intervals and goes around every Rotary Club under the District 9110 jurisdiction. With all that combined effort, we gain more awareness. Synergizing everything will create optimal result.

Health is wealth, always go for tests, medical screening because there are some silent diseases. It is always good to know your status, you dont have to be sick, just do it at intervals and occasions"

Many happy participants and impressed passersby sang praises of Rotary's Family Health Awareness Project- including a Septuagenarian whose many children and grandkids benefited from the programme. And in response, Rotarian Olaore Ibukunoluwa in a levelheaded manner described the experience as Rotarians being in their element.

"Well, the whole experience is not new to me, I'm used to it. This is not my first time attending or participating in programmes like this. I'm a Rotarian, all about selfless service and it's me doing this. It's me doing this.

I'm fulfilled that my people are being attended to and they are being taken care of, everybody is happy. We all should be concerned about our health and be conversant with our body system. Everything is not about money, coming to this programme did not cost a dime, just their time. So little time can save lives."

(1) (Reply)

Nikello Ft Frank Edward- Ogenedo Ukwani Version / I Pledge To Nigeria / Pewdiepie Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.