Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

What We Look For In Abroad Is Here - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What We Look For In Abroad Is Here (2282 Views)

The Need To Look For Yourself: Part.2. / The Need To Look For Yourself. / Media Alike As It Unveiled The New Look For The 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Divoc19(f): 11:53am On Nov 22, 2020
Government and politics aside.

Nigeria is a country, Nigeria is a fertile land and home to all living creatures by God.

Any Nigerian that thinks going abroad will make his/her life worth living is greedy and lazy.

How can you abandon your village resources for Chinese or European to come and develop while you go slaving in their country?

Some villages in Nigeria today are 'Ghost Zones' until festivity period and we are here complaining that Onions is expensive?

Is the farmland in our villages not good enough to plant Onions and other cash crops?

Or were just waiting to buy Chinese Onions?

How many likes of Obasanjo's Ota Farm do we have?

Please let us all do soul searching and sit up.

Enough laziness and greed please.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by dawnomike(m): 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2020
Divoc19:
Government and politics aside.

Nigeria is a country, Nigeria is a fertile land and home to all living creatures by God.

Any Nigerian that thinks going abroad will make his/her life worth living is greedy and lazy.

How can you abandon your village resources for Chinese or European to come and develop while you go slaving in their country?

Some villages in Nigeria today are 'Ghost Zones' until festivity period and we are here complaining that Onions is expensive?

Is the farmland in our villages not good enough to plant Onions and other cash crops?

Or were just waiting to buy Chinese Onions?

How many likes of Obasanjo's Ota Farm do we have?

Please let us all do soul searching and sit up.

Enough laziness and greed please.
In as much as I tend to understand upur point... Fulani heardsmen are kidnapping people in my mum's village (Okpanam) and killing people in my dad's village (Ibusa). Different resasons take different pple out of the country. Got some, it is not the 'greener pasture' but a search for sanity.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Divoc19(f): 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2020
dawnomike:
In as much as I tend to understand upur point... Fulani heardsmen are kidnapping people in my mum's village (Okpanam) and killing people in my dad's village (Ibusa). Different resasons take different pple out of the country. Got some, it is not the 'greener pasture' but a search for sanity.

There are so many excuses to leave Nigeria but these issues won't fix themselves, they need us/ people to mend things over time
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by anthonyuncle(m): 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2020
hmm.

you can't compare both worlds.

have you ever wondered why this place is called a sh!thole?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Divoc19(f): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2020
anthonyuncle:
hmm.

you can't compare both worlds.

have you ever wondered why this place is called a sh!thole?

Some are still making it, living large and oppressing others in this same shįπhoul.

It's not everything that is magic

Na determination to scale through and make it here.
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by anthonyuncle(m): 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
Divoc19:

Some are still making it, living large and oppressing others in this same shįπhoul.

the chances of making it over there is higher

2 Likes

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by imagrg(m): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2020
Many youths are lazy. There are looking for ripe bananas when we can plant ours here
anthonyuncle:

the chances of making it over there is higher

1 Like

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by anthonyuncle(m): 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
imagrg:
Many youths are lazy. There are looking for ripe bananas when we can plant ours here

the difference between you and your president is microscopic

4 Likes

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Freebettingtips: 7:51am On Dec 28, 2020
I get what you're trying to say anf its a good thing but you should never call anyone lazy for wanting to leave the country for good. There are so many good reasons for wanting to leave this country such as, the government killing its citizens for doing the right thing, police and military men killing citizens for no or no good reasons at all, very very poor standard of education (I've been at home for 9months and possibly even more cos of strike and scamdemic, if you think that the virus is in the country then you're not thinking right cos if it truly is then I suppose that at least 50% of the population would be dead by now cos we do not have the facilities to tackle it though I believe that there are true covid cases in the country but they are very very few and not the fake numbers they keep updating us with daily. I always wonder why anyone would believe these numbers when the same government lied about not killing its citizens for doing a peaceful protest?), little to no employment opportunity for citizens (though I advice that no one should depend on employment opportunity to earn a living), poor poor standard of living, hunger, corruption and I could even go on and on. And I know that there are problems all over the world and even some of the ones that I mentioned here are present in Europe but at least they try to give their citizens the best unlike here and their citizens over there have human rights unlike us here who get treated like animals. I do not see this country getting fixed in the next thousands of years (imagine the scenes when Europe and America will be so advanced in those thousand years and Nigeria still cannot even have 5% of the present European civilization cheesy), and i know that there are a lot of people like you who foolishly believe that you can make a difference (no offense) you can make a difference indeed but it'll be an insignificant difference and if you want to make the difference that really matter you'll end up getting threatened and killed. There's no hope in the forseable future for Nigeria i tell you. I'm currently 19 and will soon be 20 but my entire teenage life has been about me wanting out of this country and that's why I always try to perform great academically as it is my best chance of escaping this finished country, I would have been on course to graduating next year at 20 so I can begin planning to finally leave the country for good but the fake covid19 and ASUU strike has added possibly another year or even more for me in this finished country. If I can be able to migrate to Europe and have a job, afford to rent a house, do all the things I've been dreaming of doing in Europe would be more than enough achievement for me in my life though I believe I can achieve far better than that. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Freebettingtips: 8:02am On Dec 28, 2020
Divoc19:

Most of the people making it here is due to corruption (they get lots of opportunities simply because they know or are related to certain individuals) or money ritual (I said most and not all). And then there are people who still make it to the very top without the help of corruption or even money rituals but I believe that it's due to luck or even destiny if such exists and no, I'm not saying that they didn't work for it cos they really worked real hard for what they achieved but you know that there are still a lot of people who work so so hard but still nothing ever goes their way. In life you need a little bit of luck in everything you do. It all boils down to choice as it's your decision to want to make it either here or elsewhere, but just never call someone lazy for wanting to leave the country to get a better life.

2 Likes

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Divoc19(f): 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
Freebettingtips:

Most of the people making it here is due to corruption (they get lots of opportunities simply because they know or are related to certain individuals) or money ritual (I said most and not all). And then there are people who still make it to the very top without the help of corruption or even money rituals but I believe that it's due to luck or even destiny if such exists and no, I'm not saying that they didn't work for it cos they really worked real hard for what they achieved but you know that there are still a lot of people who work so so hard but still nothing ever goes their way. In life you need a little bit of luck in everything you do. It all boils down to choice as it's your decision to want to make it either here or elsewhere, but just never call someone lazy for wanting to leave the country to get a better life.

Good point.
'Lazy' name calling noted.

1 Like

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Divoc19(f): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
I know a lady who was looking for every opportunity to travel abroad for a better life but, after she got married her story changed (credits to her husband).

If you ask her how far now?

She'll tell you no place like home and this is her father's land.

She said she'll only travel for vacation.

That's the spirit we need.

Come what may, we go survive together.

But truly exemptions must dey, it's all good.
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Freebettingtips: 3:40am On Dec 30, 2020
Divoc19:

Good point.
'Lazy' name calling noted.
smiley
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by hstar: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2020
Freebettingtips:
I get what you're trying to say anf its a good thing but you should never call anyone lazy for wanting to leave the country for good. There are so many good reasons for wanting to leave this country such as, the government killing its citizens for doing the right thing, police and military men killing citizens for no or no good reasons at all, very very poor standard of education (I've been at home for 9months and possibly even more cos of strike and scamdemic, if you think that the virus is in the country then you're not thinking right cos if it truly is then I suppose that at least 50% of the population would be dead by now cos we do not have the facilities to tackle it though I believe that there are true covid cases in the country but they are very very few and not the fake numbers they keep updating us with daily. I always wonder why anyone would believe these numbers when the same government lied about not killing its citizens for doing a peaceful protest?), little to no employment opportunity for citizens (though I advice that no one should depend on employment opportunity to earn a living), poor poor standard of living, hunger, corruption and I could even go on and on. And I know that there are problems all over the world and even some of the ones that I mentioned here are present in Europe but at least they try to give their citizens the best unlike here and their citizens over there have human rights unlike us here who get treated like animals. I do not see this country getting fixed in the next thousands of years (imagine the scenes when Europe and America will be so advanced in those thousand years and Nigeria still cannot even have 5% of the present European civilization cheesy), and i know that there are a lot of people like you who foolishly believe that you can make a difference (no offense) you can make a difference indeed but it'll be an insignificant difference and if you want to make the difference that really matter you'll end up getting threatened and killed. There's no hope in the forseable future for Nigeria i tell you. I'm currently 19 and will soon be 20 but my entire teenage life has been about me wanting out of this country and that's why I always try to perform great academically as it is my best chance of escaping this finished country, I would have been on course to graduating next year at 20 so I can begin planning to finally leave the country for good but the fake covid19 and ASUU strike has added possibly another year or even more for me in this finished country. If I can be able to migrate to Europe and have a job, afford to rent a house, do all the things I've been dreaming of doing in Europe would be more than enough achievement for me in my life though I believe I can achieve far better than that. May God help us.
shocked

1 Like

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Simonokeh7(m): 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by simi1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by fuckaholic25(f): 9:10am On Jan 14, 2021
82% of nigeria youth are depressed, do u know why? the thought of not making it, the thought of next meal, etc in which our sanity is lost!!! thus, a better environment, full of opportunities, where ideas can be developed is needed!
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Kelvin3476: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
Even where i live in EGBEADA , THEY TREAT TENNANTS LIKE OUTCASTS. THEY TREAT TENNANTS LIKE SUBS. SO ITS BETTER AM TREATED LIKE A FOREIGNER IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY THAN BEEN TREATED LIKE A THIEF IN MY OWN ZONE.

1 Like

Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by mybiz234: 12:18am On Oct 23, 2021
Divoc19:

There are so many excuses to leave Nigeria but these issues won't fix themselves, they need us/ people to mend things over time

What can anybody do against Fulani Heardsmen that are backed by the presidency, military, police and DSS?

And when you organise a peaceful protest, they sponsor hoodlums to distabilize the protest and give it a bad name.

They used their power to switch off the cameras at Lekki tollgate so that there would be no evidence against their murderous acts.

Anybody who speaks up against their evil becomes an enemy of state and he will be invited by the DSS or given the malafia treatment.
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by mybiz234: 12:23am On Oct 23, 2021
Divoc19:
I know a lady who was looking for every opportunity to travel abroad for a better life but, after she got married her story changed (credits to her husband).

If you ask her how far now?

She'll tell you no place like home and this is her father's land.

She said she'll only travel for vacation.

That's the spirit we need.

Come what may, we go survive together.

But truly exemptions must dey, it's all good.

That spirit you need only got revived because she hit a rich man.

Can she say the same thing if she didn't marry a rich person?

And yes, the rich almost always have their ways in Nigeria.
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by Divoc19(f): 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2021
We'll have to thread with caution. undecided
Some are making it quietly.

mybiz234:

What can anybody do against Fulani Heardsmen that are backed by the presidency, military, police and DSS?

And when you organise a peaceful protest, they sponsor hoodlums to distabilize the protest and give it a bad name.

They used their power to switch off the cameras at Lekki tollgate so that there would be no evidence against their murderous acts.

Anybody who speaks up against their evil becomes an enemy of state and he will be invited by the DSS or given the malafia treatment.
Re: What We Look For In Abroad Is Here by mybiz234: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2021
Divoc19:
We'll have to thread with caution. undecided
Some are making it quietly.

It is not just by money.

(1) (Reply)

The Igbo's Concept Of Time / 10 Most Bizarre Traditions From Around The World / Do Ijaws Have Any Cultural Tattoos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.