Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Ekiti APC Chieftain Hails Gov Umahi's Defection Says Will Boost Party's Future - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti APC Chieftain Hails Gov Umahi's Defection Says Will Boost Party's Future (154 Views)

Atiku, PDP Govs Brainstorm On Party’s Future / Ohanaeze Backs Umahi On Defection, Says PDP Has Been Unkind To Ndigbo / Ekiti APC Guber Primary: Fayemi Emerges As Governorship Flagbearer (Exit Polls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti APC Chieftain Hails Gov Umahi's Defection Says Will Boost Party's Future by Adesinaayo: 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2020
A Chieftain of the APC in Ekiti State, Captain Sunday Adebomi Rtd, has hailed the defection of Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi from PDP to APC.

Captain Adebomi, in a press release made available on Sunday from Ise Ekiti joined President Muhammadu Buhari in describing the defection of the Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi to the All Progressive Congress(APC) from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as a welcome development. Adding that such move would boost the chances of the party in future elections.

He said: " I join President Mohammadu Buhari to welcome the Governor of Ebonyi State, His Excellency David Umahi to our great party, APC. It is my belief that his entrance to the party will usher in progress for the party and will indeed boost the chances of the party in future elections. I see it as a welcome development and a great opportunity for the party to maintain its spread accross the country. I will also like to use this medium to advise the Ebonyi Governor to use his office to woo more members from the opposition to the APC."

The APC stalwart also reechoed his appeal to all members of the party all over Nigeria to close ranks, stop infighting and work selflessly for the progress of the party.

Meanwhile, the Ekiti State SEMA Chairman according to the statement also felicitated with a former governor in the state, Ayodele Fayose on his 60th birthday.

"Though I don't share the same political ideology with the celebrant, but I share in his joy as a true Nigerian who had contributed to the growth of Ekiti. I pray to God to grant him more strength and grace to celebrate." He said:"

Re: Ekiti APC Chieftain Hails Gov Umahi's Defection Says Will Boost Party's Future by Authority1o1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
Okay...

I would have said that Dave Umahi messed up big time by joining that party, but I won't.

PDP, APC : what's the difference?
Re: Ekiti APC Chieftain Hails Gov Umahi's Defection Says Will Boost Party's Future by Yenefer(f): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2020
We will see

(1) (Reply)

How The Liars And The Propagandists Have Fallen: The Obinna Oriaku's Exoneration / Electoral Act Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading In House Of Representatives / Natgeotv Activate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.