Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,222 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army (287 Views)

I’ll Repeat What My Late Father, MKO Abiola Did On June 12, 1993 - Kola Abiola / We Will Repeat What We Did In Lekki If Protest Rise Again - Nig Army / Shooting At Lekki: Army Won’t Let Us Through — Emergency Workers (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by Racoon(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2020
The Nigerian Army has vowed to repeat the same action it took at the Lekki tollgate if such a situation arises again.

Soldiers had forcefully dispersed #EndSARS protesters who converged on the tollgate for 13 days.The incident had triggered an outrage, within and outside the country.

The army had maintained that blank bullets were used to disperse the protesters who were out on the streets during the time the Lagos state government imposed a curfew.

When he appeared before the panel set up to probe the incident, on Saturday, Ibrahim Taiwo, commander of military intelligence, 81 division of the Nigerian Army, said given the same circumstance, the army would act in a similar to that of October 20, 2020.

Taiwo had earlier explained that phase four of the military internal security operation, which was deployed in the Lekki tollgate on the night of October 20, 2020, involved the use of both live and blank ammunition.

“A portion of the force will carry live bullets, in case they are attacked. But the soldiers that formed the firing team, who fired, used blank bullets. And that is why you watched the video and saw exactly what happened,” he had said while being cross examined by Olumide Fusika, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN).

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-given-the-same-circumstance-well-repeat-what-we-did-in-lekki-says-army
Lalasticlala

Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by tabletguy(m): 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2020
To everyone that voted out good luck Jonathan put your hands on your head and repeat this curse after me. "O Lord, rule my life just exactly as this administration is ruling Nigeria"

But I believe Nigeria will come out stronger. It reminds me of this story below
A fat man saw an ad that says, "LOSE 5KG IN A WEEK"
He calls and said, "I would like to join!"
The lady at the end of the call replied, "OK, be ready at 6am tomorrow morning.
Next morning, he opens the door and finds a hot babe with shoes, underpants and a shirt saying, "If you catch me, you can have sex with me!" Immediately, the girl starts running.
The guy starts running after her but couldn't catch her. He chased her unsuccessfully during the whole week and loses 5kg. He then asks for the 10kg program.
Next morning at 6, he opens the door and saw even an hotter babe in bikini saying, "If you catch me, you can have sex me."
He loses 10kg that week after another unsuccessful chase. So he said to the lady, "This program is awesome! Let me try the 25kg."
But the lady was sceptical, "Are you sure? Its really tough!"
The man was adamant.
So next morning at the same time, he opens the door expecting to see an unclad babe, but finds a dirty unclad mad man saying, "If I catch you, I will have sex with you!"
That week, he lost 50kg
Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by Racoon(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2020
“The hope of escaping with impunity is the greatest incentive to vice.”-(Cicero)

“As soon as it is possible to disobey with impunity, disobedience is legitimate."-(Jean-Jacques Rousseau).
This is what lawlessness, impunity and lack of accountability can cause.
Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by Racoon(m): 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2020
Imagine the arrogance.This is so shameful, insensitive and utterly despicable of a killer army whose wicked complicit have been unravelled in the Lekki massacre.

They will not kill Bandits or BH but peaceful #EndSARS protesters.Nigeria is gone to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by hisgrace090: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2020
The world is watching.
Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by pharmagba: 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2020
Shameful
In a sane country you ought to be stripped of your uniform and rank.

To admit shooting harmless protesters is the greatest act of cowardice, just to show loyalty to man and slain your conscience
Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by Standing5(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
This made FP already now. Shameless army. They switched off the lights and denied medical help to victims but will do it again after lying.
Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by kenzysmith: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2020
Nigerians una too calm I swear

Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by Morningstarrr(m): 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2020
Until we stop praying and crying,

Until we accept that government is the problem of Nigeria.

Until the good guys become the good/bad guys

Until the citizens match the government weapon to weapon,

What the Army commander said will certainly repeat itself
Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by HAccord: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2020
In the eyes of a nigerian soldier, a civilian is just a dispensable animal.
Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by onward4life(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2020
tabletguy:
To everyone that voted out good luck Jonathan put your hands on your head and repeat this curse after me. "O Lord, rule my life just exactly as this administration is ruling Nigeria"

But I believe Nigeria will come out stronger. It reminds me of this story below
A fat man saw an ad that says, "LOSE 5KG IN A WEEK"
He calls and said, "I would like to join!"
The lady at the end of the call replied, "OK, be ready at 6am tomorrow morning.
Next morning, he opens the door and finds a hot babe with shoes, underpants and a shirt saying, "If you catch me, you can have sex with me!" Immediately, the girl starts running.
The guy starts running after her but couldn't catch her. He chased her unsuccessfully during the whole week and loses 5kg. He then asks for the 10kg program.
Next morning at 6, he opens the door and saw even an hotter babe in bikini saying, "If you catch me, you can have sex me."
He loses 10kg that week after another unsuccessful chase. So he said to the lady, "This program is awesome! Let me try the 25kg."
But the lady was sceptical, "Are you sure? Its really tough!"
The man was adamant.
So next morning at the same time, he opens the door expecting to see an unclad babe, but finds a dirty unclad mad man saying, "If I catch you, I will have sex with you!"
That week, he lost 50kg

It's like you dey find their trouble!

Re: Given The Same Circumstance, We’ll Repeat What We Did In Lekki, Army by sammy329(m): 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2020
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Strike Looms As Labour Walks Out From Meeting With Nigerian Govt. / Archbishop Ibezim Calls For Increased Security In Southeast / BREAKING: Court Grants Senator Ali Ndume Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.