Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Shall We Continue In Sin Since We Are Under Grace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shall We Continue In Sin Since We Are Under Grace (109 Views)

Sinning deliberately under Grace (Hebrews 10:26-27) / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Tithe, Is It Necessary Under Grace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shall We Continue In Sin Since We Are Under Grace by Harcles: 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2020
First the need for salvation

Romans 3:23

Says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and it continued in Romans 5:12 and 19

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned.

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

This is the need why all men needs to be saved, because sin and death was passed on to us from Adam.

THE BIG QUESTION IS SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN SINCE WE ARE UNDER GRACE, AFTER Receiving JESUS CHRIST..

I will start just as Apostle Paul in Romans 6:15-16

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!

16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness.

Paul said no to this question and he started putting light to the question in verse 3 and 4.

3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?

4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE.

I emphasized the last word , that we should walk in newness of life.

To clarify what he meant he said in verse 7 that he who is dead is free from sin, meaning that a dead man doesn't sin.

Then moving forward Apostle Paul gave us some mind therapy in the following verses.

11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.

13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

This is a duty which is also called renewing of the mind.

You may ask, but is it possible not to sin..

I found that answer in Galatians 5:16-17

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

It is not possible,I say not possible for anyone to walk in the Spirit and still fulfill the lust of the flesh. He must either be walking in the Spirit or in the Flesh at any seconds of time. So this gives an answer to what Paul meant by saying we should walk in newness of life.(the mind therapy and the walk in the Spirit).

For understanding on walking in the Spirit read Romans 8:5.

Before I conclude, some key points to know....

Hebrew 4:15

15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

It says Jesus Christ was tempted like us and was without sin.

1 Peter 2:21-22

21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:

22 “Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth.

This also said Christ left an example for us to follow.

1 Corinthians 9:26-27

26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.

27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Here Apostle Paul spoke of his efforts in subjecting his body

Key points to know that God is not a joker.

Revelation 21: 7-8

7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

2 Peter 2:4-10

4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;

6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;

7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked

8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)—

9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment,

10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority.

This is my humble submission to the subject.. I will not fail to say that, should incase you sin ...

1 John 2:1-2

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Chapter 1:9 says if we sin we should confess our sin and He is faithful and just to forgive us...

This is the truth we should walk with and to guide us. there is also a sin that will not be forgiven..

Hebrew 10:26-31

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

This is after you have obtained the knowledge of the truth and you kept it aside and continue to galavant in your sin or continue enjoying your old sinful life before you accepted the free gift of righteousness by believing in Jesus Christ, then wahala dey wait for you for judgement day...

God bless you all and I urge you to run this race with purpose like Apostle Paul , also take the mind therapy seriously...

Bless

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:wednesday , December 2, 2020 / World First And Best Home Pastor In USA / Trust In The Lord- Emoji Devotions For Fri 4th December, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.