Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

The Youths Window Of Opportunity With Governors And Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Youths Window Of Opportunity With Governors And Osinbajo (226 Views)

Davido Hangs Out With Governors Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Ikpeazu In Europe (Photo) / Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC / Buhari And Osinbajo On “The Candidates” (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Youths Window Of Opportunity With Governors And Osinbajo by Joylove2324(f): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2020
This week, youths across Nigeria will begin engagements/meetings with state governors and then Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and I am wondering what questions will they be asking?

I remember when they made 5for5 demands, Osinbajo quickly ensured that all those demands were met in a National Economic Council meeting. He ordered governors to set up Judicial Panel of Inquiry, the Victims Fund and prosecution of erring police officers.

In other to have an orderly engagement, the Vice President Osinbajo has developed and forwarded the engagement guidelines to Governors who will interface with the youths within a week. It will go further to zonal engagements that include meetings with the community leaders.

The youth will progress at all levels of governance in politics, religious organization, civil society and security agencies but they need to be guided in handling issues and recommend effective solutions towards strengthening national unity among others.

The youths must seize this opportunity accorded to them by the VP. He has said he wants empowerment, jobs, security and entrepreneurship to be the core of the conversation but youths must pay attention. They must have a plan, a strategy that they will present before their governors.

I do not recommend a uniformed approach by the youths because the demands from state to state and zone to zone are different. It is often said that “success” is opportunity that meets with preparation. Are prepared are we? Do we know when this meeting will hold? Who are those representing the youths?

For me, I am surprised that youths are not paying attention to this crucial engagement. Osinbajo first gave youths the opportunity to engage when he said one youth must be on the Judicial Panel of Inquiry in each state. Again, he is providing another window.

Time is of the essence and youths must make the most of it.

Re: The Youths Window Of Opportunity With Governors And Osinbajo by okefranci: 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2020
honestly the youths must use make use of this opportunity giving by the vice president and by their governors as well so that they can present their needs
Re: The Youths Window Of Opportunity With Governors And Osinbajo by Thunder1010: 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2020
This is an opportunity for Nigerian youths to make their request known to the government.
Re: The Youths Window Of Opportunity With Governors And Osinbajo by Joyce95: 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2020
Seriously youths must use great this opportunity
Re: The Youths Window Of Opportunity With Governors And Osinbajo by Zeesugar(f): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
You won't be taken seriously when you are not serious. You ask for an opportunity but you know not what to do with it. Nigeria youths needs to wake up
Re: The Youths Window Of Opportunity With Governors And Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 6:08am On Nov 23, 2020
When the guy that wrote a letter to the VP got a call from the VP, then I know the man is a born leader. This engagement with the youths will go a long way. And trust in people will be restored.

(1) (Reply)

South East Apc Young Progressive Forum Berates Ohaneze Ndi Igbo & Governor Hope / Oyo State Ever And Oldest Police Station Went Down By Hoodlums / Arewa: Boko And Bank Were Haram & Now Protest Is Also Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.