Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. (5627 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training / Gunman Opens Fire In American Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by Rhino5dm: 9:22am On Mar 20, 2011
^^^ haba!
so going by your logic, JTF should attack Niger Delta with massive force because John togo, A militant killed Nigerian army??

killing the whole of Borno state due to the activity of Boko haram??

Terrorizing thr whole of Aba due the late notorious Kidnapper osisi kankwu??

Your logic is too weak if you want us to believe the invasion of libya is due to gaddafi's refusal to halt the killing of innocent civilians.

the coalition forces have killed more than 100 innocent civilians as at yesterday, so who is more evil??

Can't they take out gaddafi with out basderdizing the entire country??
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by maddock(m): 9:32am On Mar 20, 2011
A lot of us antagonising the west are not being fair in our analysis at all.Gadafi is a mentally unbalanced man that can do just anything to remain in power. Even
though oil has a part on this whole debacle but Gadafi brought d whole roof on himself.How dare you threaten your fellow country men with the no mercy statement infront of the whole world and you expect people not to react. Knowing Gadafi for who he is, being a very unstable and disturbed man. You don't compare Ivory coast,Yemen with Libya. None of the country is coming out to publicly claim responsibility for Butchering their opposition but they blame it on the opposition even if we know better. But not Gadafi! If Gadafi really claimed his people love him why suppressed the peaceful protest with brutal force? Gadafi brought this whole annexation of libya by these foreign hawks on himself and he should be held responsible for whatever is the outcome in the future, whether dead or alive. Looking at the time span the West took before reating actively one can safely conclude they were at a cross road whether to respond or not. Should the whole world watch while innocent citizens are butchered by someone who has been in power for over 40 years? Comon guys let's be fair in our assessments and analysis.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by homerac7: 10:02am On Mar 20, 2011
Maddock,

Look my broda, God bless u. May ur ancestors never let u down and may enemies never replace ur chicken wt shawa fish.

@ Rhino.

Ur comparism doesnt hold. U deal wt each case wt its peculiarity. I am following deductive analysis while u r trying to induce, unfortunately d cases r not parallel enough for ur inductive analysis. Quadaffi is culpable of whatever come out frm d unfortunate situation. He opened his doors for "enemies" to come in.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by Rhino5dm: 10:25am On Mar 20, 2011
ok. please can you 'deduce' how the innocent libyan citizens, victims to be can protected from massive ariel missile attacts??

How can you turn away from the atrocities commited by the coalition forces in Iraq, so soon??

look dude, we saw how the US marines killed the associate press reporter without any single reason. thanks to wikileaks!

It is away unreasonable and lack of conscience for any one to attack innocent civilian in the name of protecting and librating them, with that said. lets us examine

the case of Omar Al-bishir of sudan which by far has commited more crime than gaddafi by any international standard, yet no sound of tom hawk or patriot

missile in khartum.

Gaddafi is of the sit-tight rulers in Africa i despise with all strongness, but the innocent Libyan citizen should'nt be made to pay for a crime they know

NOTHING about period. afteral the so called American have over throwm many democratically elected presidents and allow tyrant to continue terrorising the

innocent civilians.

Google 'Operation Ajax"

homerac7:

Maddock,

Look my broda, God bless u. May your ancestors never let u down and may enemies never replace your chicken wt shawa fish.

@ Rhino.

your comparism doesnt hold. U deal wt each case wt its peculiarity. I am following deductive analysis while u r trying to induce, unfortunately d cases r not parallel enough for your inductive analysis. Quadaffi is culpable of whatever come out frm d unfortunate situation. He opened his doors for "enemies" to come in.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by homerac7: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2011
I understand ur point my broda. Really, i share ur sentiments bt where i differ a little is on Quaddafi as first culprit. If he hasnt been stupid, he wldnt have exposed his people and land to ds imminent rape. Of course, d invaders wl always consider d recoup of their investments. War is business, and there r good n bad businesses. If u knw dt ur land wld b a "good" business for d hawks, y did u act stupidly?

If u fetch home ant infested wood, be ready to entertain lizards as guests.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by Rhino5dm: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2011
I felt thesame way and i hated saddam for not yeilding to the request of the west and gave them the reason to attack his country without any consideration

of the massive civilian casualities. yes, Gaddafi needed to removed from power because of the reason open to all, but there should be a way to minimize

the 'innocent' Libyan women and children casualities from those attacks.

Does Gaddafi's life worth more than hundred innocent lives?? If the answer is NO, then i rest my case wink wink wink

homerac7:

I understand your point my broda. Really, i share your sentiments bt where i differ a little is on Quaddafi as first culprit. If he hasnt been silly, he wldnt have exposed his people and land to ds imminent violation. Of course, d invaders wl always consider d recoup of their investments. War is business, and there r good n bad businesses. If u knw dt your land wld b a "good" business for d hawks, y did u act stupidly?

If u fetch home ant infested wood, be ready to entertain lizards as guests.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by kodewrita(m): 1:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
Dede1:

The military actions taken against Libya by France, Britain, USA, Canada and Italy reverberated echo of colonial attacks on Benin Empire and Opobo Kingdom. I could not believe this day will pass when colonial powers and countries of prey will engage on military attack on sovereign African country under the pretence of democracy.

This is the same manner applied when they first visited Africa under the cloak of spread Christianity and civilization. Apparently, Africans inherited skewed civilization, foreign religion and colonization as well as depletion of human beings through slavery. In addition, the colonial masters afflicted Africans with mental laziness which suddenly saw them selling off their kinds.

It appears symptoms of colonization will stay with Africans for a very long time. Today, Africans stood akimbo even jubilating as Libya is being destroyed by the countries whose construction firms would be contractually contracted to rebuild a destroyed Libya. Honestly, it does not take cruise missiles and bunker-busting bombs to remove Gadhafi from the reign of power. The fact remains a covert action that could unseat Gadhafi will not pay greater profits than massive destruction of Libya’s economic infrastructures.

The Republic of Chad had a situation such as Libya however UN, Britain, USA, France, Canada and Italy drew blank on diplomatic circles. Of course, the colonialists will play nonchalance towards Chad’s affairs because the country has no drop of crude oil. Did the colonialists not turn their backs on Rwanda? I say shame on Africa.

Chad is partly propped up by Ghadaffi. He has actually sent troops to aid Deby (Chadian dictator) when the latter was under siege by chadian rebels fighting for regime change. Expect a chain reaction as many miscreants lose a source of funds.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by Gbenge77(m): 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2011
19 US jets have been launched from the medditeranean.They ve taken out libyas air defences.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by frankkky: 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2011
whatever is happening now in libya was caused by no one but the mad gadaffi and his sons,in my candid view the west were too late sef,i dont know why some people are bringing unfounded sentiments into this whole thing,a leader threatens to deal with his own people and strats doing it and you say the world should just watch ,never,i appuld the efforts of the western powers,they are only there to impose a no fly zone and not to remove the mad ruler,thats up to the libyans to do and my paryer goes out to them,these are people who have been under oppression for the past 40 years
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by md4real(m): 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2011
Some people suprise me alot. Before i continue, i dont and wont kiss Gaddafi's ass. Why do most of us called armed protesters "protester and innocent citizen?"
the rule of engagement is clear on this. They are armed=they are soldier=they are rebel. Have you all wonder how they get thier weapon?
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by md4real(m): 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2011
Also, revolutinarist fromcountries like tunisa and ehgypt complained about povert, unemployment and other social vices. But , i tell authoritatatively that the libya people has no reason to do that. Wanna know why?
Each family receives a monthly allowance of 500 dollars a month as part of the government social security plan, a libyan graduate is entitled to a job, car and a house plus a state sponsored wedding if he wishes.
The gdp of libya is better than that of south african (so dont bring nigeria into it) and the standard of living of an average libyan is better than that of an america or briton.
Talking about democracy, what has it provided for me @ least, in the last 12year in nigeria?
Guys, if a nigerian leader can provide the above for me and make our nation better, i DONT MIND HIM RULING FOREVER.

GADDAFI must go and principle of democracy must be enshrined in libya right? Lemme ask, is it the type of democracy practice in kenya, ivory coast or nigeria?
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by md4real(m): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2011
If france and it western allies are passionate about democracy, why did they not interfere in ivory coast and kenya.
Certainly, gaddafi will be kicked out but civil water will be libyan's order of the day.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by kodewrita(m): 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2011
md4real:

Also, revolutinarist fromcountries like tunisa and ehgypt complained about povert, unemployment and other social vices. But , i tell authoritatatively that the libya people has no reason to do that. Wanna know why?
Each family receives a monthly allowance of 500 dollars a month as part of the government social security plan, a libyan graduate is entitled to a job, car and a house plus a state sponsored wedding if he wishes.
The gdp of libya is better than that of south african (so dont bring nigeria into it) and the standard of living of an average libyan is better than that of an america or briton.
Talking about democracy, what has it provided for me @ least, in the last 12year in nigeria?
Guys, if a nigerian leader can provide the above for me and make our nation better, i DONT MIND HIM RULING FOREVER.

GADDAFI must go and principle of democracy must be enshrined in libya right? Lemme ask, is it the type of democracy practice in kenya, ivory coast or nigeria?

no. just the type of democracy practiced in ghana and botswana.

You would prefer that the state in libya pay stipends to a household rather than allow the breadwinner rise to full potential and feed his family even more than a state stipend. They have the population of lagos state and the oil of nigeria. THEY SHOULD BE EVEN RICHER THAN THAT.

All that state wealth should not be in the hands of one family.

The ghadaffi family should not have a right to lord it over everyone else.

md4real:

If france and it western allies are passionate about democracy, why did they not interfere in ivory coast and kenya.
Certainly, gaddafi will be kicked out but civil water will be libyan's order of the day.
There is no certainty of that happening. thats just ghadaffi's propaganda.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by na2day(m): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2011
I posted this on a similar thread:

We all agree that Ghadaffi brought this on his own pate, we should also understand that the west is infact jumping into this fray cos of their thirst for oil, Pls forget d humanitarian excuse they are proffering! Al Bashir's supporter of APC reduced d population of south Sudan and no tomahawk breaks their airspace.
The main architect of this present debacle in d making, Britain and France are looking for a regime change, especially Britain, remember it was same Britain dat made a deal with Ghaddaffi for oil exploration in exchange for d betrayal of d lockerbie victims cry from d grave for justice (also giving up d main accused without finishing his sentence), same Britain was d first to send special forces (SAS) to meet wit d rebels for oil blocks negotiation and were promptly arrested and deported.
They panicked when ghaddaffi arrived at the gate of bengazi. of course, they know if ghaddaffi wins this one, dats their end in libya.
, and someone says dis battle is for humanity and not oil, smh  angry

Dictators abound all over the world, Soldiers killing protesters is nothing new, when d Burmese army unleashed hell on protesters even their monks a few years back, no tomahawks, when Chinese troops put down d insurrections in xingiang province and Tibet no F-16s.
May I remind u day these guys are not protesters, they are fighting a civil war!
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by frankkky: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2011
this evil man divided his people against themselves,ok lets even say for agruments sake he was treating his people well does the country belong to h
im?haba is 43 years not enough?the guy has outlived his wellcome,he would have been regarded as a father of the nation now if he had left power since,look at the case of mandela,and stop saying because he gives the people money,they should keep quiet,let me tell you,the youths in the arab world are highly educated people and wont take the shit their parents took,democracy is a right,they dont have to beg for it
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by klas(m): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2011
What is going on in libya is not protest but rebellion. Protest died the day the rebels fired the first shot. Protesters dont carry ground to air missile launchers or sub machine guns or sieze towns and expel legitimate govt representatives. It is the legitimate right of a sovereign government to quash rebellion (whether externally or internally engineered) or what else is the military maintained for. Ghadafi is still the head of libyan govt and he must act to safeguard the sovereignty of libya against rebellion. Let the rebels revert to peaceful protests, then they get unalloyed sympathy of the whole world not just the western military interventionists.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by Limaoscar: 4:53pm On Mar 20, 2011
Ghaddafi is incapable of any diplomatic negociation. His cup is full and He knows it. You don't go about shooting citizens and bombing the living day light out of peaceful protesters in 21st century and not get whooped as a consequence of your extreme Insanity. He'd be dead or out of circulation by Friday this week mark my words.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by tlops(m): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2011
The truth is, if the UN does not intervene then Libya's case will set precedent for any un-willing dictator, all he has to do his hold on tightly to power and kill as much protesters (as long as he names them rebels), The likes of Mubarak are not necessarily cowards but he decided to put the interest of his people over his ambition.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2011
this question is for those persons who think they knw why the west is getting involved in lybia, IS IT A CRIME FOR ANOTHER RULER TO EMERGE AFTER GHADAFI?
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by ayztech(f): 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2011

no. just the type of democracy practiced in ghana and botswana.

You would prefer that the state in libya pay stipends to a household rather than allow the breadwinner rise to full potential and feed his family even more than a state stipend. They have the population of lagos state and the oil of nigeria. THEY SHOULD BE EVEN RICHER THAN THAT.

All that state wealth should not be in the hands of one family.

The ghadaffi family should not have a right to lord it over everyone else.

Correct answer too!
thing is even if each Libyan family receives $100k daily,lives like heavenly and one day decides they re tired of ghadaffi,the man must up and leave.the government should be afraid of the people and not the people afraid of the government.

Libya is for Libyans and Nigeria,Nigerians.As we're not receiving any stipends as dothe Libyans yet do nothingabout it,it's our decision and theirs theirs.

As for the intervention of the allies, which sane person launches even the most ordinary scramble/fight without having considered the gains or without an excuse for that matter? if dem west has decided on intervening in Libya and not in Sudan,na there their returns pay pass;they can't fight all wars. And which war was ever entered in without recording civilian casualties? I pray the ousting be a very quick job

BTW, isn't it this same ghadaffi that advised that Nigeria be split for our own good that has refused to accept advice from many a people and nation?
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by NDelta(m): 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2011
Hey my fellow presidents let's leave Ivory coast, Somalia to that lame union called African union but libya supply a large % of the world oil so we must act now before the crisis cripple our economy due to rising oil price. But hey Ghadaffi u are greedy after all these years in power u still wanna die there.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by 1money: 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2011
About time Gaddafi leave Libya
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by owobokiri(m): 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2011
Hate him or love him, the fact is that Gadaffi is the leader of the country with the highest standard of living and social services in the whole of Africa. Obama who is leading a war against him was the same person that praised Omar Bongo who after pauperizing his countrymen for over 40 years left the position for his son. Sarkozy was at the funeral of Omar Bongo praising him as the best thing that happened to Africa. Gabon has oil but Bongo couldnt provide as much services as Gadaffi to his people. French presidents including Sarkozy have always invited all the despots from Africa to Paris to plan how to loot the continent. Just research on the quality of life in Libya before Gadaffi came to power and after, then contrast that with the rest of Africa and you start to wonder what is going on. Gadaffi has utilized his peoples resources to improve life in Libya. 40 years is a long time in power but it is just one part of his leadership. Lets talk about his achievements too. In any event, this is a bad precedent that will backfire in the future. These wars will cripple the west. Sarkozy is going down in the polls ahead of elections and has chosen to boost his prospects with wars.Those who turned the UN into an agency that sponsors rebellions in member states will live to regret it. It should be a body that makes peace not wars.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by Baraac(f): 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2011
is nigerian MEND involved in this strike against Gadafi govt.
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by AmAlone: 9:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
hmmm
'The Third World War'
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by alphabet43(m): 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2011
No one has said anything about the innocent people Gadhafi has been slaughtering. Nigerians ha! You're supporting a dictator in Libya, would you want Gadhafi in Nigeria
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by stmarc32(m): 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2011
Well well well it has finally happened, some people on here are ranting on about how Ghadaffi has killed his own people, I can clearly see that they lack common sense, Cant we all see what happened in afghanistan and Iraq? they told us sadda m had weapons of mass destruction but they are no where to be found, look beyond what we see on Television in otherwords tell-a-vision, even former US president Eisenhover said something about the military companies getting too rich from the vietnam war , influencing people in power to start wars in other countries. no one is saying Ghadaffi is right here but what happened to the idea of World peace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_II0H7X5O4&feature=related
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by na2day(m): 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2011
Libya has tons of oil and relatively small defence,so of course the likes of USA, UK etc will want to pick on it. But same countries did nothing when China went berserk on its people in Tienanmen square, Or had a pop at North Korea over their dreadful human rights record. Well they wouldn't would they, not with China and North Korea's firepower. I hope all those calling for western intervention will not tomorrow start singing another tune!

Full force: A huge explosion engulfs several cars with Gaddafi forces today as the full allied assault gets underway

Aftemath: A bus burns on the outskirts of Benghazi while the road to Alwayfiyah is littered with burnt out tanks

A tank belonging to Gaddafi forces explodes in a ball of flames after an air strike by allied forces

A bombed out tank hit in what is believed to have been a French airstrike

A huge explosion follows an air strike this morning hitting vehicles along the road from Benghazi to Ajdabiyah

Rebel fighters soon arrived at the scene of the bombings

A man celebrates while shouting "Allahu Akbar" (God is the greatest!) as a huge explosion follows a direct hit. Meanwhile a rebel fighter shows official government documents found at the scene of an attack

Rejoicing: Rebels today show they are happy that coalition forces have enforced the no-fly zone

Four tanks destroyed by the allied aerial assault continue to smoulder in al-Wyfiyah 35 km West of Benghazi

Vehicles belonging to forces loyal to Gaddafi burn after the air strike by coalition forces on a road between Benghazi and Ajdabiyah

A rebel fighter makes a victory as he walks amid the aftermath of an allied attack on pro-government forces

A Libyan man holds ammunition gathered from the bodies of Gaddafi loyalists

The charred remains of cars belonging to dozens of Gaddafi loyalists litter the sides of roads on the outskirts of Benghazi

A Tomahawk missile launches from USS Stout as part of Operation Odyssey Dawn
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by na2day(m): 11:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
^^^ I'm sure the Iranians are Speeding up their nuclear program,
or else they are next!  grin
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by osifred(m): 11:24pm On Mar 20, 2011
this is a clear case of the infrigement on the sovereignty of a nation
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by Becomrichn: 12:04am On Mar 21, 2011
b
Re: French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. by hedges007(m): 1:51am On Mar 21, 2011
zombie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lithuania Tells Citizens To Discard Chinese Mobile Phones; Especially Xiaomi / SA Challenges Morocco's African Bid To Lead UN Rights Council / U.S. Longest War: Some Images That Captured 20 Years Of U.S. War In Afghanistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.