Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Dr Godwin Maduka: I Didn’t Say I Will Build 21 Universities In 4 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Godwin Maduka: I Didn’t Say I Will Build 21 Universities In 4 Years (263 Views)

Dr. Maduka: "I Will Fix Anambra In Every Aspect Because I Have Done It Before” / Dr Maduka: I Am The Only Aspirant Contesting On The Strength Of What I Have Done / Dr Maduka: "I Will Build 21 University Statelite Campuses In 21 LGA If Elected" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Godwin Maduka: I Didn’t Say I Will Build 21 Universities In 4 Years by YHYson: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
Dr. Godwin Maduka who is a Nigerian-American doctor, philanthropist, the founder of Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Center was quoted to have said that he would build 21 universities in his 4 years tenure if elected in the forth coming Anambra state 2021 elections.

Maduka, who is contesting on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said “If given the opportunity, I will build one university each in all the 21 Local Government Areas of the state. Education is key all over the world. We shouldn’t have a few scattered universities here. It is not that hard to set it up.

“In other places of the earth, some towns have up to six universities. It should be as easy as ABC. We will start with only 21, one per local government.

Asked how was going to fund them if that were to be, he queried: “Do you ever know what comes to the governor’s house in terms of funding? Any frugal governor can take care of that. There are some things that we can let go.

“And there are some things that we can bring in. It is a matter of priorities. There should be a new negotiation about funding education. After all, that’s why I am here now.”

The governorship aspirant who is a native of Umuchukwu, Orumba South LGA Anambra state, was said to have made the statement in his hometown during a youth summit his foundation, Godwin Maduka Foundation organized for the youths of the state.

Although Mr Maduka has come out to deny the comments in a statement by his media aide Onwurah Chinonso Anothony which says: “Dr. Maduka has said he’ll strengthen our education system to help empower the Youths, also our curriculum should be changed to accommodate more of entrepreneurial courses to help empower our Youths when they come out of school.

“Dr. Godwin Maduka didn’t say he’ll build 21 universities rather he said that he’ll ensure each local government in Anambra State gets at least 1 extension campus to make education easily accessible, he also said that he’ll ensure our education system changes to offer more of entrepreneurial courses that will offer self employment to our Youths when they leave university and not moving around the country in search of job.

“Similarly, Dr. Godwin Maduka said he’ll bring down the cost of education in the state such that even a small scale business man or woman and the youths can comfortably afford the cost”.
Re: Dr Godwin Maduka: I Didn’t Say I Will Build 21 Universities In 4 Years by Fahdiga(m): 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
t
Re: Dr Godwin Maduka: I Didn’t Say I Will Build 21 Universities In 4 Years by humblegirl: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
empty promises
Re: Dr Godwin Maduka: I Didn’t Say I Will Build 21 Universities In 4 Years by Lipscomb(m): 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
grin

(1) (Reply)

Five Steps To Survive The Nigerian Recession / Why Northern Nigerians Appear As Born To Rule / Buhari’s Aide Says Deceased Farmers Had No Clearance To Operate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.