Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon (12221 Views)

Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria’s Debt May Jump By ₦6 Trillion To Hit ₦38 Trillion / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Yenefer(f): 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hamman1:
Haba yenefer why all this shit talk,if you've got nothing to say just stay mute..yar'uwa kiyi tunani da kyau kafin ki ba da comment.
kana ganin zagin da sukeyi wa en arewa especially ga Hausawa and fulani. Ni ba san Buhari ma nake ba, kawai sabida inbasu haushi nakeyi
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by ThierryJay: 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
GEEBITE:
Footnote totally needless .One should be able to speak forthrightly irrespective of party affiliation.

You are actually right, it was an afterthought. I sincerely wanted most people to view the post as objectively as they could due to the overwhelming political bias many nairalanders exhibit on issues like this which is largely responsible for the constant reduction of the collective average IQ of Nairaland unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
Under Buhari? Future Impossible Tense.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Nchenches: 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
EasternActivist:
What amazes me is how nigerians are treating this woman with levity...

Ironically, This woman would have been shown the exit door had it been she is either Igbo or Yoruba.

What? In the eyes of her employer, she is like Okonjo Iwealla.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by tnerro1(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
If only we could believe you, if she attends a world ministers of finance conference, do you think they will allow you to address them?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Lush100(m): 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yes I can see,
We will exit recession after we are all dead.

What exactly are u doing at this very moment to get us out of ur policy-induced recession? Answer: nothing

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by specialmati(m): 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
grin grin this one na to console their zombies. I thought they said we are not in recession
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by tnerro1(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
The kind of ministers we have na wa oooo, someone was telling me that bukola Saraki’s sister was a minister, and I said na lie for which country?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Hamman1(m): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:
kana ganin zagin da sukeyi wa en arewa especially ga Hausawa and fulani. Ni ba san Buhari ma nake ba, kawai sabida inbasu haushi nakeyi
I quite understand how you feel,that's NL for you..Amma irin mumunan Zagin da suke miki gaskiya beyiba ,sabida haka ki kula.I'm not happy about that at all.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Yenefer(f): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hamman1:
I quite understand how you feel,that's NL for you..Amma irin mumunan Zagin da suke miki gaskiya beyiba ,sabida haka ki kula.I'm not happy about that at all.
okay thanks
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
SocialJustice:
At least we haven't heard anything about stupendous borrowing and it is crazy Atiku's advice was ignored.

Budget luxuries must stop.
Don't worry. His advice will be taken soon. That's how dis govt operates.
First ignore the advice, then rush to it when no one is looking.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Dollanaira: 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
Jokers
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by emmadejust(m): 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hmm I thought Nigeria didn't have a finance minister because I hardly he's anything about her or her economy plans or projection
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Enyimbamercedes: 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
How? The only way out of a recession is to spend. People need to have confidence to spend. The recession deepens when consumers stop spending.

Government, how do you encourage people to spend? Answer this and you have the way out of the recession
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by dragunov: 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://punchng.com/nigeria-will-exit-recession-soon-says-finance-minister/

Mouth no do am! Enu o see!

Do you know how Migerian public officials measure their competence ? By comparing the country's failures with other countries with worst failures. Once their failures pale beside others, it means they have done well. Abokis have finished this country.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Smartiyke40: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
That will happen the day all you criminals die and live this country!
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by Ebuscoee(m): 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Meanwhile

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by okorogodwin4(m): 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
Are you God

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by walozanga(m): 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
stonedlive:

you gotta earn that BMC SALARY right... continue sho ti gbo... it will end in sorrow for you....

The guy mumu dey grow day by day.. Lol
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by nestkojex(m): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
Mumu
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon by wink2015(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2020
The current recession, which the Nigerian economy recently slid into , will be short- lived, the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning , Mrs Zainab Ahmed, has said .
Ahmed said this on Monday at the ongoing 26th Nigerian Economic Summit organised by the Nigerian Economic Summit Group and the Federal Ministry of Finance , Budget , and National Planning .

She said the country would emerge from the recession in the fourth quarter of this year or by the first quarter of 2021.
Nigeria, Africa ’ s biggest economy , entered its second recession in five years in the third quarter of this year as the Gross Domestic Product fell for the second consecutive quarter .
The GDP dropped by 3.62 per cent in Q 3 and 6. 10 per cent in Q2, according to the National Bureau of Statistics .

The finance minister said the COVID -19 -induced recession followed the pattern across the world where many countries had entered an economic recession.
“ Let me remind us that before the impact of COVID- 19, the Nigerian economy was experiencing sustained growth , which had been improving quarter by quarter until the second quarter of 2020, when the impact of the COVID -19 was felt,” she said .

Ahmed said other countries also in recession, including the United Kingdom and the United States, recorded much deeper contraction than that of Nigeria.
“ Nigeria is not alone in this, but I will say that Nigeria has outperformed all of these economies in terms of the record of a negative growth .”

According to her, South Africa , which recorded a decline of -50 per cent compared to Nigeria’ s - 6. 1 per cent in Q2, will also record a deeper negative growth in Q 3.
Ahmed said , “ While the economy has entered into recession in the third quarter, the trend of the growth suggests that this will be a short-lived recession, and indeed by the fourth or, at worst , the first quarter of 2021, the country will exit recession.

“ Our expectation of a quick exit , which will be historically fast, is anchored on the several complementary fiscal, real sector and monetary interventions that have been proactively introduced by government to forestall a far worse decline of the economy and alleviate the negative consequences of the pandemic. ”
source: https://punchng.com/nigeria-will-exit-recession-soon-says-finance-minister/

Common electricity you can not make stable yet you are talking of tackling recession.

NA WHO UNA DEY DECEIVE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inflation: FG Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax / Yinka Odumakin: Many Battles Of A Doughty Fighter / Tinubu Should Sign Executive Order On Unexplained Wealth, Says Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.