Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,712 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio (1896 Views)

Abia Belongs To Ibibio / Are Ukwa And Ngwa People The Same Clan? / Ude Oko Chukwu Visits Checkpoint Where 3 Policemen Were Killed In Abiriba (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by MyopicMods: 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba and Ngwa Rightfully belongs to Ibibio. All are ancestral Ibibio land.

precolonialism the igbo wars of aggression claimed ancient ibibio land.
During the tribal wars, igbos occupied towns like Aba, Ngwa land , Aro and others which are Ancestral ibibio land and some ibibios left their occupied inland ancestral homes and migrated downward towards the Atlantic to the present day Akwa ibom state.
Aba = hole or space in ibibio language. ( in ancient ibibio belief,that's the hole the ibibios believed the spirit of their ancestors would come out from, the original name was Aba Ekpo meaning spirits hole in ibibio).
Abiriba = It takes two to play. Original name Ebere iba referring to the traditional ibibio sword fight called Ukwa, usually displayed by Ekpo masquerades.
Ngwa= feather in ibibio language.
Aro= thing in ibibio. the igbos after their wars of aggression added chukwu to aro making Arochuwkwu. The original name of Arochuwkwu was AroAbasi meaning Gods thing in ibibio.a sacred land of the ibibios set aside for their God.
If you go to those cities you will find indigenous ibibio people in those lands even though some of the have acclimated to igbo language but almost 70% of the igbos in those areas speak ibibio and are ibibios.
Even those who speak igbo know their history, that their ancestors are ibibios.

These tribes are hated by igbos in igboland because they always accuse them of being ibibios or not being igbo enough. That's a fact.
The ibibios historical have no quarrel with igbos because deep down we know a lot of them especially the ones I have mentioned In This writeup are our kin who choose to stay in their ancestral homes instead of migrating with their ancestors after the igbo war of aggression.
If you go to Arochukwu today you will see ibom hall that houses otherwise called the long juju house. They long juju are ibibio gods which are still worshiped in Arochuwkwu today. People there bear ibibio names like Uko, udo, etc.

They play Ekpe, Ekpo masquerades and can read chant and write Nsibidi. And share cultural ties and similarities with their ibibio ancestors. These culture is a remnant of their ibibio ancestry and heritage.

The igbos are occupying ancestral ibibio land and majority in those ancestral ibibio land are our own kith and kin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
Abasi mbok.

Infact I dare Nigeria is a country where you can never enjoy peace for a single day.

What a country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by capatainrambo: 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hmmm. Here we go again

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by Pass11: 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
OK noted
Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by glacswhite: 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
The Only Ibibio stuff I can talk of is Ekpo the one that Existed in Aba days back n they are from Akwa Ibom or Calabar ... But Abiriba people pursued Ibibios n dominated most part of Aba ..most indigenous people in Aba are Abaribiba n Ngwa

They helped Ngwa to reclaim their Land from Ibibio ..example The Headquarters of Ukwa East in Abia which is "Akwaete" that's 100% Ibibio name

So Ngwa as they are poor in spiritual Powers ..they accommodated Abiriba n today most Abiriba live in Aba n other Ngwa land having Native Compounds n their culture there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
glacswhite:
The Only Ibibio stuff I can talk of is Ekpo the one that Existed in Aba days back n they are from Akwa Ibom or Calabar ... But Abiriba people pursued Ibibios n dominated most part of Aba ..most indigenous people in Aba are Abaribiba n Ngwa

They helped Ngwa to reclaim their Land from Ibibio ..example The Headquarters of Ukwa East in Abia which is "Akwaete" that's 100% Ibibio name

So Ngwa as they are poor in spiritual Powers ..they accommodated Abiriba n today most Abiriba live in Aba n other Ngwa land having Native Compounds n their culture there

So in essence it is still their land and the Ibibio claim is false and be discarded.

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by glacswhite: 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:

So in essence it is still their land and the Ibibio claim is false and be discarded.

Yea is Not True.. Ibibios are Migrants in Aba just like any other tribe... Aba they Speaks Ibo n It sounds more of Ngwa Language though is a bit Light which is more understandable with little or no Culture cos they lost their culture during colonial rules ..nothing like gods in Aba.. instead they kill gods

I remember an Indigenous Aba boy asking the Mother "Why is the Language his neighbor speaking a bit difference from his own i.e instead of "Ndi me " he said Nda eme" so the mom told him " They are from Isialangwa thats the how they speak"

Isialangwa would have donimated main Aba only because they are a Bit Far from Aba cos they are the Strongest in Ngwa..Ibibio were bit far compared to Ukwa that nearly Claimed it but the case was settled in England ..and it was divided into Aba North n South

but I can't tell why Aba intermarried well with Ibiobios

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
glacswhite:

Yea is Not True.. Ibibios are Migrants in Aba just like any other tribe... Aba they Speaks Ibo n It sounds more of Ngwa Language though is a bit Light which is more understandable with little or no Culture cos they lost their culture during colonial rules ..nothing like gods in Aba.. instead they kill gods

I remember an Indigenous Aba boy asking the Mother "Why is the Language his neighbor speaking a bit difference from his own i.e instead of "Ndi me " he said Nda eme" so the mom told him " They are from Isialangwa thats the how they speak"

Isialangwa would have donimated main Aba only because they are a Bit Far from Aba cos they are the Strongest in Ngwa..Ibibio were bit far compared to Ukwa that nearly Claimed it but the case was settled in England ..and it was divided into Aba North n South

but I can't tell why Aba intermarried well with Ibiobios

This is history in concise manner. How can migrants now lay claim to another man's land?

This is Ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by muykem: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2020
Why is igbo issues always have element of controversy?
Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
muykem:
Why is igbo issues always have element of controversy?

Are you that bothered?

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by Goddyj(m): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ok. No wahala. All land na Land
Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by michelz: 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
This can win the award of the most senseless topic ever on this forum.
There's no academic reference; just pure undiluted conjectures.
Even with what the OP said, it still doesn't equate that Ibibio owns those places. If you said that Ibibio and some parts of Igbos are related,then maybe you'd be taken seriously. Enough said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by OfficialAPCNig: 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
Noted!
But don't take this foolishness to Aba or else, anything you see, you take.

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by ijawcitizen(m): 10:23am On Nov 24, 2020
Ocelot2006
Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by helinues: 10:38am On Nov 24, 2020
shocked
Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by technicallyrich(m): 11:07am On Nov 24, 2020
ijawcitizen:
Ocelot2006
when I tell you that those cowards don't mean well for ss and se.you think I m joking.
first they attack our brothers the igbos to scatter them,then they call us drunkards.
but they will never succeed.
op you are derty yaribanza,koward,fol and edipt.
you kowards are so despicable.
fearr fearr man

4 Likes

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by obyrich(m): 11:21am On Nov 24, 2020
glacswhite:

grin
Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by ijawcitizen(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
technicallyrich:

when I tell you that those cowards don't mean well for ss and se.you think I m joking.
first they attack our brothers the igbos to scatter them,then they call us drunkards.
but they will never succeed.
op you are derty yaribanza,koward,fol and edipt.
you kowards are so despicable.
fearr fearr man

Hey technically stupid, I am not the OP. Continue your igbo subservience elsewhere.
Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by MosheDayan: 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2020
[s]
MyopicMods:
Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba and Ngwa Rightfully belongs to Ibibio. All are ancestral Ibibio land.

During the tribal wars, igbos occupied towns like Aba, Ngwa land , Aro and others which are Ancestral ibibio land and some ibibios left their occupied inland ancestral homes and migrated downward towards the Atlantic to the present day Akwa ibom state.
Aba = hole or space in ibibio language. ( in ancient ibibio belief,that's the hole the ibibios believed the spirit of their ancestors would come out from, the original name was Aba Ekpo meaning spirits hole in ibibio).
Abiriba = It takes two to play. Original name Ebere iba referring to the traditional ibibio sword fight called Ukwa, usually displayed by Ekpo masquerades.
Aro= thing in ibibio. the igbos after their wars of aggression added chukwu to aro making Arochuwkwu. The original name of Arochuwkwu was AroAbasi meaning Gods thing in ibibio.a sacred land of the ibibios set aside for their God.
If you go to those cities you will find indigenous ibibio people in those lands even though some of the have acclimated to igbo language but almost 70% of the igbos in those areas speak ibibio and are ibibios.

These tribes are hated by igbos in igboland because they always accuse them of being ibibios or not being igbo enough. That's a fact.
The ibibios historical have no quarrel with igbos because deep down we know a lot of them especially the ones I have mentioned In This writeup are our kin who choose to stay in their ancestral homes instead of migrating with their ancestors after the igbo war of aggression.
If you go to Arochukwu today you will see ibom hall that houses otherwise called the long juju house. They long juju are ibibio gods which are still worshiped in Arochuwkwu today. People there bear ibibio names like Uko, udo, etc.

They play Ekpe, Ekpo masquerades and can read chant and write Nsibidi. And share cultural ties and similarities with their ibibio ancestors. These culture is a remnant of their ibibio ancestry and heritage.

The igbos are occupying ancestral ibibio land and majority in those ancestral ibibio land are our own kith and kin.
[/s] them don come again

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by MosheDayan: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
shut this thread down. rule 8 has been broken. undecided

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by SaintBishop: 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
Cc Ekesol, EastisBae
Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by EastisBae: 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lol, I'm laughing at the ignorance being displayed by the op. Even real Akwa Ibom people will see you as insane.

2 Likes

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by SaintBishop: 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
EastisBae:
Lol, I'm laughing at the ignorance being displayed by the op. Even real Akwa Ibom people will see you as insane.

See your mouth like insane, the things you don't want others to do to you, is the same thing you want to do to others, crazy People.

2 Likes

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by Bkayyy: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
This thread was created for one reason only.
Just one purpose, and that is to TURN Ndigbo AGAINST Ibibio.
Sorry Mr OP, unlike some Igbo neighbors the bond between Ndigbo and Ibibio can't be broken by mere posts.
They are the ones that always have our back when it matters most.
Even when everybody including our so called "brothers" across the Niger and Orashi river abandoned us, they stood with us till the end.
I respect Ibibios.
When they stand with you, they do for real and till the end.

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu, Abiriba, Aba And Ngwa Rightfully Belongs To Ibibio by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
[s]
MyopicMods:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Video: War In The North As Bandict Attacked Fulani Leader / Federal Workers Have Still Not Received November Salaries / Apara & Agbaje:You Will Be Sacrificed If You Probe Alpha Beta Or Lagos Finances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.