Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? (1372 Views)

Should We Love Our Enemies Even During A Time Of War? / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by DappaD: 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nuttella:
So are you trying to say that everyone that served God and worshipped him and later died in the old testament even David, Asa, Jehoshaphat, Joash, Josiah went to hell or what?

According to Peter, David is still in the dust of the earth awaiting a resurrection here on earth. Acts 2:29-34 see also Isaiah 26:19

Since heaven wasn't promised to anybody, I will like to know where their spirit went to after their death?

Their spirit[breath/spark of life] returned back to God. Ecclesiastes 12:7b see also Psalm 146:4
But they themselves that were molded from the dust returned back to the dust of the earth. Genesis 3:19, Ecclesiastes 12:7a

Now let me burst your brain, even if all of us on earth dies and go to heaven, there will still be enough space left, you think heaven is limited like earth, heaven can enter all of us including angels. Dont limit God.

Jesus said only those born of spirit meaning those who are chosen by God's holy spirit on basis of his blood will go to heaven and become heirs alongside him. John 3:3-6 see also Luke 12:32
Those going to heaven are a small group of “chosen” ones numbering into a 144,000 DOT and they are going there for a reason and this is what you people do not understand. 2Timothy 2:12 Revelation 14:1-5, 20:6
The rest of mankind which will be an uncountable number will inherit the earth as Jesus also affirmed. Matthew 5:5 see also Psalm 37:29
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by DappaD: 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nuttella:
Rev 20:10 should tell you that spirits cannot die, you can bruise them, chain them, fight them, throw them into fire, they cannot die, which is why when someone dies the human spirit either go to heaven and continue enjoying or go of hell where it will be tortured. I repeat, Spirit cannot die. Its only God that will decide if he will destroy the spirit.

NOTE: Spirits were not created immortal so they can be destroyed.

God gives blessings to his children and Satan as the ruler of the darkness of this world steals it, Satan cannot give blessings and glory. He is a theif, Satan cannot raise the dead too. All he does is perversion.

Read Matthew 13:22 & Luke 4:6
The blessings that God gives his people has nothing to do with material possessions or worldly success/pursuits. Proverbs 10:22, 1Timothy 6:6

Yes an angel was speaking to Daniel telling him that his prayer has been answered since but the prince of Persia withheld the angel and the prayer until arch angel Michael came and fought the prince of Persia to release the answer to the prayer and the angel.
Daniel 10:13
[13]But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

So where in that Bible passage did the angel say Daniel's prayer was withheld by a demon?
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
DappaD:

NOTE: Spirits were not created immortal so they can be destroyed.

Read Matthew 13:22 & Luke 4:6
The blessings that God gives his people has nothing to do with material possessions or worldly success/pursuits. Proverbs 10:22, 1Timothy 6:6

So where in that Bible passage did the angel say Daniel's prayer was withheld by a demon?
Spirit cannot die for now unless God wants to destroy them. Isaiah 66:24
[24]And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Daniel's prayer was withheld by the prince of Persia(a demon/territorial spirit in charge of Persia). Daniel 10:13
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2021
DappaD:

According to Peter, David is still in the dust of the earth awaiting a resurrection here on earth. Acts 2:29 see also Isaiah 26:19

Their spirit[breath/spark of life] returned back to God. Ecclesiastes 12:7b see also Psalm 146:4
But they themselves that were molded from the dust returned back to the dust of the earth. Genesis 3:19, Ecclesiastes 12:7a

Jesus said only those born of spirit meaning those who are chosen by God's holy spirit on basis of his blood will go to heaven and become heirs alongside him. John 3:3-6 see also Luke 12:32
Those going to heaven are a small group of “chosen” ones numbering into a 144,000 DOT and they are going there for a reason and this is what you people do not understand. 2Timothy 2:12 Revelation 14:1-5, 20:6
The rest of mankind which will be an uncountable number will inherit the earth as Jesus also affirmed. Matthew 5:5 see also Psalm 37:29
144000 number will go to heaven? You are sounding like a Jehovah witness. You didnt say anything about the new heaven and the new earth Isaiah 65:17, Rev 21:1 and how Christ will rule on earth for 1000 years.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by DappaD: 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nuttella:
144000 number will go to heaven? You are sounding like a Jehovah witness. You didnt say anything about the new heaven and the new earth Isaiah 65:17, Rev 21:1 and how Christ will rule on earth for 1000 years.

That's because I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, madam.

The “new heavens” and the “new earth” doesn't suggest that this present earth will be destroyed(Ecclesiastes 1:4)
After all according to Peter's analogy, the old “heavens” and the old “earth” in Noah's day were destroyed but our planet did not go anywhere.
2Peter 3:5-7

Revelation 7:1-8, 14:1-5 states that a 144,000 are bought from amongst mankind and they stand with the Lamb(Jesus Christ) on the heavenly Mount Zion so they will rule from heaven OVER the earth. Read Revelation 5:9-10

The link below can help you understand what the “new heavens” and the “new earth” truly stand for
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006361
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
I don't argue, i teach! smiley

Nuttella:

So where are you heading to now with this your argument?
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I don't argue, i teach! smiley

I have not learnt anything from you.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2021
I know, you know even God knows that you've not learnt anything from our discussion so far! smiley

However, may God bless you! smiley

Nuttella:
I have not learnt anything from you.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MightySparrow: 2:42am On Jan 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Sorry he is no more!
OMG
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So who is the winner now? undecided

Read the answer in the book of Revelation. cool
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by LordReed(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Don't mind that first century carpenter jare {Luke 9:51-56} how can someone be praying for his enemies in this twenty~first century? Matthew 5:43-48 cheesy
Abeg you're a winner and you are blessed in Jesus name, AMEN! Matthew 7:21-27 cheesy

Oh like you wish me all sorts of negative things, is that the prayer you are saying Jesus asked you to make? LMAO!
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
LordReed:

Oh like you wish me all sorts of negative things, is that the prayer you are saying Jesus asked you to make? LMAO!

Prayers are for our people who are fighting us because they believe we are not worshiping God in the right way. We pray for them to see the light as for persons like you who doesn't want to hear anything about God or his words you're on your own! undecided
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by LordReed(m): 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Prayers are for our people who are fighting us because they believe we are not worshiping God in the right way. We pray for them to see the light as for persons like you who doesn't want to hear anything about God or his words you're on your own! undecided

So you can wish me bad things but pray for me to see the light. That sounds quite insincere.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
LordReed:

So you can wish me bad things but pray for me to see the light. That sounds quite insincere.

You missed it, i have no business with atheists so you're on your own, no prayers or bad wish except what God says about unbelievers! John 3:16-18
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by LordReed(m): 9:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You missed it, i have no business with atheists so you're on your own, no prayers or bad wish except what God says about unbelievers! John 3:16-18

Oh when you were saying if I was homeless I would get no help that was a good wish? LMAO!
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2021
LordReed:

Oh when you were saying if I was homeless I would get no help that was a good wish? LMAO!

Guy that one no be wish, nah fact!
You don't have any family except people who are related to you by blood, i have families all over the earth so if you and i are stranded somewhere, i will ask for what Jesus promised me: families who are everywhere while you will instantly become a beggar.
That's logical, àbí you know trust logics again? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by LordReed(m): 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Guy that one no be wish, nah fact!
You don't have any family except people who are related to you by blood, i have families all over the earth so if you and i are stranded somewhere, i will ask for what Jesus promised me: families who are everywhere while you will instantly become a beggar.
That's logical, àbí you know trust logics again? cheesy

Actually it is your fervent wish. See highlighted below. LMFAO!

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:10am On Nov 27, 2021
LordReed:

Actually it is your fervent wish. See highlighted below. LMFAO!
It's like you love lies more than when someone is telling you the truth.
OK something BIG like the below is coming your way in the name of your flying spaghetti monster! smiley

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by LordReed(m): 5:43am On Nov 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's like you love lies more than when someone is telling you the truth.
OK something BIG like the below is coming your way in the name of your flying spaghetti monster! smiley

Amen! I receive it! LMFAO!
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:55am On Nov 27, 2021
grin
LordReed:

Amen! I receive it! LMFAO!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Witchcraft Agents Of Darkness And The Culling / The Truth Behind Men Dying After Sex In Hotel Rooms / Daddy G.O’s son , Leke Adeboye Call Erring Pastors Of The Church “goats”(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.