Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why Did APC Governors Visit Goodluck Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did APC Governors Visit Goodluck Jonathan? (290 Views)

PDP G-5 Governors Visit Tinubu (Video, Photos) / Bola Tinubu, Shettima, APC Governors Visit Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan / Femi Fani-Kayode & Orubebe Visit Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did APC Governors Visit Goodluck Jonathan? by 10mobile: 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
One of the greatest burdens any country's economy can suffer is a backlog of debts. Servicing those debts keeps weighing on the economy, making it difficult to achieve economic milestones.

When Obasanjo was Nigeria's President between 1999 and 2007, one of his biggest achievements was that he, with the help of Dr. Ngọzi Okonjo-Iweala, made sure that Nigeria became debt-free. That was responsible for the speedy development experienced by the Nigerian economy between 2002 and 2014.

The Jonathan administration crowned it all by getting Nigeria to overtake South Africa for the first time as the fastest growing economy in Africa in spite of the adverse effects of Boko Haram which was essentially North's style of attacking Jonathan's Government. At last, they succeeded in using violence to boot Jonathan out of Aso Rock.

Since this Buhari Government took over, Nigeria has lost all the positive economic indices built under the 3 PDP Governments that preceded it. For instance, Nigeria has fallen off the MINT nations. Again, Nigeria's debt-to-GDP ratio has continued to widen.

The problem is not that the Buhari Government is a serial borrower. It's rather that we are not seeing serial development that's proportionate with the debts. So, where is most of the borrowed fund going to? Surely, it's partly going into private accounts and projects and partly into developing Niger Republic and indirect sponsorship of terrorist cells like MACBAN and Boko Haram (yes, I've said it and I stand by it. If you want my phone number I'll give it to you).

So, what has all these to do with the APC governors' visit to Goodluck Jonathan? This is it: They have plundered the economy and have mortgaged its future by borrowing and stealing the fund. Now, they are looking for those to inherit the mess, so that they will have the joy of blaming them (as they're known to do). They're asking Jonathan to join their party and contest for president in 2023. What they told Jonathan is that they need him to restore the country's unity. But that's a lie.

The Nigerian economy is now on a precipice. In a year's time, the Naira will be exchanging at no less than N1,000 per dollar even as our oil economy is running ever low. I really pity the next administration of Nigeria's Federal Government because they will have nothing to fall back on. The situation is so dire that even the North might support an Igbo to become the next president in case Jonathan refuses (he told the delegation to give him time to think about it).

The reason why someone like Dave Umahi joined APC is also not far from this. I'll be right back with part 2 of this revelation because this is getting too long.

Re: Why Did APC Governors Visit Goodluck Jonathan? by EdmundChidera(m): 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2020
If you ask me na who I go ask,

Wait let me call oga jona to ask am
grin
Re: Why Did APC Governors Visit Goodluck Jonathan? by etrouble: 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2020
To give him some sense
Re: Why Did APC Governors Visit Goodluck Jonathan? by 10mobile: 6:02pm On Nov 23, 2020
Those above me, you didn't read before commenting.
Re: Why Did APC Governors Visit Goodluck Jonathan? by donbachi(m): 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
They want him as their 2023 presidential candidate..to cover their mess and gross looting of 8years,if elected.thieves.
Re: Why Did APC Governors Visit Goodluck Jonathan? by Freestainworld(m): 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
they have tasted what leadership looks like

(1) (Reply)

Bye-elections: Movement Restricted In Lagos, Imo, Plateau, Others / Lagos - Ibadan Train Route: Expect A Rise In Kidnapping Activities / Bua To Construct 3 New Cement Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.