Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate (1090 Views)

Umahi, Others Queue Behind George Obiozor, The New President Of Ohanaeze Ndigbo / George Obiozor Emerges President Of Ohanaeze Ndigbo / 2 IPOB Members Arrested For Bombing House Of Ohanaeze Leader, Nwodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Ctorch: 7:30am On Nov 24, 2020

SEVENTY-NINE days to the expiration of the three-year tenure of Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s President-General, Chief Nnia Nwodo, former Nigeria Ambassador to United States, Professor George Obiozor, has emerged as the consensus candidate to succeed Nwodo.

Professor Obiozor was unanimously presented as a consensus flagbearer by Imo State stakeholders on Monday at an event held at the Government House, Owerri.

The stakeholders were led by elder statesman, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu.

Also present were other top Igbo elders as well
Meanwhile, the Imeobi (Inner Caucus) of Ohanaeze Nidgbo will roll out guidelines for electing Nwodo’s successor, next week after an enlarged meeting in Enugu.

Chief Nwodo’s tenure will end on January 9, 2021. By the rotational principle of Ohanaeze, the next president-general will come from Imo, a reason a host of Imo leaders are now in the race.

Those eyeing the Ohanaeze prime seat include Professor George Obiozor; former presidents of Igbo Think-Tank group, Aka-Ikenga, Chiefs Chris Asoluka, and Goddy Uwazurike; former Secretary-General of Ohanaeze, Dr. Joe Nwaogu.

Others are former Imo State governor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim; former Vice-Chancellor of Imo State University, Professor Ukachukwu Aloysius Awuzie; Professor of Law, and former Dean, Faculty of Law, Imo State University, Dr. Nnaemeka Onyeka Obiaraeri.

How Obiozor emerged

Speaking on how and why Obiozor was chosen to lead Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Iwuanyanwu, who is the chairman of the Imo Stakeholders, said: “So many prepared for the position; we didn’t want to be put in an awkward position, so we organised ourselves.

“That is why over 200 Igbo leaders, cutting across political parties, came together to arrive at one consensus candidate.”

Responding, Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma, said: “Igbo is beginning to be aggrieved, but we can speak with one voice.

“I thank you for speaking with one voice; every generation has its own challenges and Ndigbo must navigate with the wisdom of Solomon.

“To achieve this we must be diplomatic and accommodating. A point can be achieved without firing a shot in the air.

On Obiozor’s emergence, he said: “The decision of the Imo State chapter of Ohanaeze to present the consensus candidate of this organisation is very laudable.

“I was taken unawares by their actions. I had no choice but to follow their part.

“By the constitution, it’s the turn of Imo State to produce the President-General. The choice of Professor Obiozor is welcomed as he is eminently qualified by his wealth of experience.

“His adoption is coming at a critical time in the history of Ndigbo in Nigeria. He would seek justice for Ndigbo not by confrontation but by persuasion. Our tomorrow is still bright.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/ohanaeze-leader-george-obiozor-emerges-as-consensus-candidate/?fbclid=IwAR1GXH_PGWOGM2Bk6tvA6HNSiA7Z2Uo1HVOYxWw-BYC4r8e3Jmvm7sSyBRk
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 24, 2020
Noted
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by helinues: 7:38am On Nov 24, 2020
sad
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by ThatFairGuy1: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2020
We would have preferred Isiguzoro, The President, Ohanaeze youth version as the President General.

He has performed wonderfully well

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by capatainrambo: 7:47am On Nov 24, 2020
I wonder when my people will have something like this. That pandef group is rubbish

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by technicallyrich(m): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2020
please when we it get to Rivers state turn,
there are igbos here too.
I just hope the current winner of ohaneze ndiigbo will be brave and courageous.

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by technicallyrich(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2020
capatainrambo:
I wonder when my people will have something like this. That pandef group is rubbish
as is filled with only two majority tribes.ijaw and Igbo.
unlike SW,see, middle belt and north.
ijaws which are the richest, bravest,strongest and even the greatest black tribe on Earth is realy trying is best for the Niger deltans.
God bless the ijaws

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 24, 2020
technicallyrich:
It would ..Delta have produced ...so it would surely get to rivers

The igbos in Rivers ...the etche , omuma ,obigbo , egebema ,ndoni would have the right to pick the president like the aniomas did

Igbos are a big family

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by SlayerForever: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2020
I would have hailed his emergence but something should be noted. We need strong nationalists for that seat, not academicians and political jobbers. Thank you.
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by SlayerForever: 9:53am On Nov 24, 2020
Igbochief001:

It would ..Delta have produced ...so it would surely get to rivers

The igbos in Rivers ...the etche , omuma ,obigbo , egebema ,ndoni would have the right to pick the president like the aniomas did

Igbos are a big family

People that are about to be expelled from the Igbo group.
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by SlayerForever: 9:53am On Nov 24, 2020
Lalasticlala.
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by AmuDimpka: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2020
capatainrambo:
it is called minority thinking... In Niger Delta and creeks every village is a tribe so forget it

It will never happen ... Our oyel people will never
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Ojiofor: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2020
technicallyrich:

Next 4 years will be the turn of Rivers state but Igbo Judases like Wike must not be allowed to head the apex Igbo group.

3 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Eastlink(m): 10:03am On Nov 24, 2020
A welcome development. Rivers state comes next after Imo finishes their turn. Mike Okiro from my town would be the best person to choose at the appropriate time.

3 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Eastlink(m): 10:06am On Nov 24, 2020
Ojiofor:

Next 4 years will be the turn of Rivers state but Igbo Judases like Wike must not be allowed to head the apex Igbo group.
We won’t allow the Ikwerre’s hijack it. We have trusted and capable hands beginning from Egbema, Ndoki and Etche. I can provide you some names if you want.

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:09am On Nov 24, 2020
Useless media organization
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Liposure: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2020
Eastlink:
We won’t allow the Ikwerre’s hijack it. We have trusted and capable hands beginning from Egbema, Ndoki and Etche. I can provide you some names if you want.
these people you mentioned are not bonafide ibos according to history
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Ojiofor: 10:25am On Nov 24, 2020
Eastlink:

Go ahead and list them.
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Eastlink(m): 10:38am On Nov 24, 2020
Ojiofor:

Go ahead and list them.
Ok. The following are proud Igbos from Rivers state.

1. Archbishop Daniel Okoh from Ndoni (ONELGA) General Superintendent of Christ Holy Church International aka Odozi Obodo.

2. Mike Mbama Okiro from Egbema (ONELGA). Former IGP of Police and a member of Ohaneze Ndigbo

3. Chief (Dr.) Ifeanyi Odili from Ndoni (ONELGA). Chairman of Aeromaritime Group of Companies, and former Director of many successful Companies including Baco Line of Germany and MTN Nigeria Limited, Brawal shipping limited.

4. Prince Ogbonna Nwuke from Etche. Former Commissioner for Information Rivers State and former member House of Representatives.

And many more including former ambassadors, ministers and businessmen from ONELGA, Etche, Omuma and Oyigbo.

4 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Ojiofor: 10:43am On Nov 24, 2020
Eastlink:

1. Archbishop Daniel Okoh from Ndoni (ONELGA) General Superintendent of Christ Holy Church International aka Odozi Obodo.

2. Mike Mbama Okiro from Egbema (ONELGA). Former IGP of Police and a member of Ohaneze Ndigbo

3. Chief (Dr.) Ifeanyi Odili from Ndoni (ONELGA). Chairman of Aeromaritime Group of Companies, and former Director of many successful Companies including Baco Line of Germany and MTN Nigeria Limited, Brawal shipping limited.

I know only Chief Mike Okiro even though he is Igbo but he is not an Igbo activist,can you point to any Igbo event any of them have attended?
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Eastlink(m): 10:56am On Nov 24, 2020
Ojiofor:

I know only Chief Mike Okiro even though he is Igbo but he is not an Igbo activist,can you point to any Igbo event any of them have attended?
Mike Okiro has always been involved in Igbo activities right from his days as Commisioner of Police Lagos state. Igbo traders in Lagos always talk good of him. The media would always want to paint him as a non-Igbo despite him clarifying his Igboness. Check the following events he has attended.

1. Okiro to chair 2nd annual Igbo cultural festival in Germany
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/okiro-to-chair-2nd-annual-igbo-cultural-festival-in-germany

Mike Okiro is the first Igbo man to assume the positon of IGP, but the press will always want to tell you it’s Ogbonnaya Onovo. Whenever it comes to attending Igbo activities he never tarries.

3 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Ojiofor: 11:05am On Nov 24, 2020
Eastlink:
Mike Okiro has always been involved in Igbo activities right from his days as Commisioner of Police Lagos state. Igbo traders in Lagos always talk good of him. The media would always want to paint him as a non-Igbo despite him clarifying his Igboness. Check the following events he has attended.

1. Okiro to chair 2nd annual Igbo cultural festival in Germany
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/okiro-to-chair-2nd-annual-igbo-cultural-festival-in-germany

Mike Okiro is the first Igbo man to assume the positon of IGP, but the press will always want to tell you it’s Ogbonnaya Onovo. Whenever it comes to attending Igbo activities he never tarries.

Ok
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Eastlink(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2020
Ojiofor:

Ok
This is Okiro’s words during the burial of Ojukwu. “Ojukwu was a symbol of Igboland and a symbol of struggle against marginalisation’’

Although there are other known personalities of Igbo extraction in Rivers of whom I can’t remember, but Mike Okiro has never denied his roots. In acts and in deeds, you can vouch for him.

3 Likes

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Ojiofor: 11:53am On Nov 24, 2020
Eastlink:
This is Okiro’s words during the burial of Ojukwu. “Ojukwu was a symbol of Igboland and a symbol of struggle against marginalisation’’

Although there are other known personalities of Igbo extraction in Rivers of whom I can’t remember, but Mike Okiro has never denied his roots. In acts and in deeds, you can vouch for him.

Good to know.Are you from Rivers state?
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Eastlink(m): 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
Ojiofor:

Good to know.Are you from Rivers state?
Yes I’m
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Ojiofor: 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2020
Eastlink:
Yes I’m

Nice one.Ndewo.

1 Like

Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by XANDERO85: 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
capatainrambo:

PANDEF......that's for Niger-Delta ethnic nationality! wink
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
Eastlink:

4. Prince Ogbonna Nwuke from Etche. Former Commissioner for Information Rivers State and former member House of Representatives.

And many more including former ambassadors, ministers and businessmen from ONELGA, Etche, Omuma and Oyigbo.

Obsession.

This is about Imo state not Rivers state
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
Eastlink:
Yes I’m
Story
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
Ojiofor:

You are far more interested in Rivers state than the character and person of the incoming President.

You guys are not serious.
Re: OHANAEZE LEADER: George Obiozor Emerges As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
XANDERO85:

PANDEF......that's for Niger-Delta ethnic nationality! wink

Are you not under pandef?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adesina, Elumelu, Awosika Congratulate News Central TV On Official Launch / Nigerian Police And The Military Are Killing Innocent People In Owerri / Twitter Needs Nigeria To Grow - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.