Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

UK PARLIAMENT HOUSE OF COMMONS: NIGERIA SANCTIONS ON GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS UPDATE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK PARLIAMENT HOUSE OF COMMONS: NIGERIA SANCTIONS ON GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS UPDATE (271 Views)

Lekki Shooting: UK Parliament Kicks Against Nigeria Sanctions / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' / Ugbana Oyet Appointed By Queen Elizabeth As House Of Commons Serjeant At Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UK PARLIAMENT HOUSE OF COMMONS: NIGERIA SANCTIONS ON GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS UPDATE by DeltaFire: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2020
UK PARLIAMENT HOUSE OF COMMONS: NIGERIA SANCTIONS ON GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS
UPDATE

Theresa Villiers:

"Like others, I believe this has been an excellent debate, with well-informed contributions and real insight from Members on the Back Benches and Front Benches.

I will take the last minute to urge the Minister and the rest of the team at the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office to use all diplomatic means available to get the message to the authorities in Nigeria that they need to listen to what the protestors are asking for. While the Minister, for all sorts of reasons, has felt unable to make commitments on targeted sanctions today, there is a strong case for putting them in place. I hope that behind the scenes, the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office will continue to pursue this, so that we see an announcement about it in the not-too-distant future…."

From Twitter
Omoyele Sowore
@YeleSowore
·

White Female MP says:

“The least we should do is make sure that those who have murdered Nigerians and deprived them of their human rights aren’t able to benefit from trade or travel to the UK. In my view, that should include the leaders of the government and the military who are now, even now, refusing to allow transparent and fair investigations to happen, and for justice to be implemented”

Here is link to UK Parliament House of Commons Hansard debate transcript: Nigeria: Sanctions Regime, 23 November 2020, Volume 684

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2020-11-23/debates/0A7DEC6C-F408-46E8-BD71-D87E0C07A30E/NigeriaSanctionsRegime

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Speaker Mudashiru Obasa’s Other Side / Sports Ministry Needs N81M To Cut Grass At Abuja Stadium - Minister / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.