Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Tinubu Raises Alarm: They Want To Kill Me (Dude Got Jokes!) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Raises Alarm: They Want To Kill Me (Dude Got Jokes!) (500 Views)

Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 / Photo: This Young Dude Is President Buhari's PA / APC Raises Alarm Over Withdrawal Of Customs, Immigration Personnel From Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Raises Alarm: They Want To Kill Me (Dude Got Jokes!) by Beaf: 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
[size=14pt]Tinubu raises alarm: They want to kill me[/size]
NewsMar 20, 2011
* Transporters root for Fashola
By Olasunkanmi Akoni

In a  threat alert, the immediate past governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, yesterday, said he has uncovered a plot by  some known people to eliminate him. He, however, said he  is not afraid to lose his life in the course of achieving  democratic freedom for the country even as Governor Babatunde Fashola, the governorship candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the state, assured the people  of more developmental projects.

This came as a coalition of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Road Transport Employers’ Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) and the organised labour, led by the state chairman of the road workers, Alhaji Rafiu Akanni Olohunwa,  stormed the streets of Lagos  in support of  Fashola’s  second term  ahead of the April 16 gubernatorial  poll.

Tinubu and Fashola spoke at the ACN  rally in Ikeja,  saying better  days are  ahead for Nigerians. Tinubu urged the people  not to be intimidated by forces he said are inimical to the development of the country’s hard earned democracy.

The ACN chieftain declared that series of nocturnal meetings were being held somewhere in Lagos Island on how to eliminate him.

Tinubu  lamented that at  a time ACN  is campaigning all over the state addressing issues , the other parties are perfecting how to rig the elections , warning that such action could result in chaos.

He  urged the electorate to vote for Fashola, stressing that he remains the best man for the job and that a vote for him amounts to an  attempt  to renew the future of Nigeria.

Tinubu begged the electorate to vote during the poll and defend their votes. He  added  that the party is not into alliance with any party as widely speculated.

. . .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/tinubu-raises-alarm-they-want-to-kill-me/
Re: Tinubu Raises Alarm: They Want To Kill Me (Dude Got Jokes!) by Beaf: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2011
How can an old man lie so liberally? shocked
Re: Tinubu Raises Alarm: They Want To Kill Me (Dude Got Jokes!) by unleashit(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
Tinubu is a strategist that is looking beyond 2011. In actual sense Tinubu would not even want Ribadu to win, I keep telling people that he would vote for Jonathan on election day. His game plan is to move ACN from a regional party to a national party and then wait for a time when there is no incumbecy factor in the presidency  and then contest for  president. Tinubu would never be stupid enough to allow someone he can not predict to be president from his party.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Populace Are. . . / Police Bust Inec Racket, 10 Top Officials Quizzed / Dbanj: The Thin Linr Between Love And Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.