Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Solve This Word Problem Correctly - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Solve This Word Problem Correctly (312 Views)

25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem / Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly / Do Not Go To Google And Check The Meaning Of This Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solve This Word Problem Correctly by dmltoyin(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
wink
Cc: lalasticlala

Re: Solve This Word Problem Correctly by Acekidc4(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
Re: Solve This Word Problem Correctly by Donmoscojaja(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
not for me
Re: Solve This Word Problem Correctly by riche12: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2020
To answer this question one must know this:

1. You are not trying complete that money to hundred thousand, you are trying to reduce to 97k

First consider this: I borrowed 100k, bought a phone @ 97k my balance is 3k and now I give back 2k and take 1k with me leaving me with a debt of 98k.

49k+49k = 98k - 1k = 97k ( money for my handset). Ceteris paribus

Now if I give the 1k I have with me I will owe a debt of 97k which is the money for the phone I bought. Which brings everything to equilibrium

What I think in this problem is that we are not trying to complete the cash to 100k again after we have paid in 98k rather, we are trying to reduce the debt I.e we subtract not add.

BODMAS

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria First Digitalise Library for Students / @9aastronaut - Plan To Be The First Nigerian In Space / Nurss National President Visits The Hon. Commissioner Of Education.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.