Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

7 Problems Of Nigeria Police Force That Led To ENDSARS Protests - Gen. Jemibewon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Problems Of Nigeria Police Force That Led To ENDSARS Protests - Gen. Jemibewon (409 Views)

David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained / Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid / 2019: Why Ex-generals Oppose Buhari – Gen. Jemibewon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Problems Of Nigeria Police Force That Led To ENDSARS Protests - Gen. Jemibewon by Alcapodetuti: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
In this Red Exclusive with Asabe Afrika TV inside his Lagos Nigeria home somewhere in Ogudu Government Residential Area of Lagos West Senatorial zone last Saturday evening, retired Major General DAVID MEDAYESE JEMIBEWON (CFR, Mni) an elder statesman and former Governor of Old Western State of Nigeria under late General Murthala Mohammed’s regime between August 1975 and March 1976, and first Military Administrator of old Oyo State under General Olusegun Obasanjo (GCFR) from 1976 to 1979 spoke on the recent #ENDSARS protests across the country and why the Nigeria Police Force lost her identity and reputation to warrant such a public humiliation and ridicule.

Jemibewon, a former Police Affairs Minister under President Olusegun Obasanjo’s civilian regime gave insight into some of the problems affecting the #NigeriaPoliceForce and what the political elites must do to correct those problems and put the force back in proper shape.

The Iyah-Gbede, Kogi State North Central Nigeria born Army top brass and former Adjutant General of the Nigerian Army who is reputed to be the minister who revived and institutionalized the Police Service Commission (PSC) during his regime spoke on the ongoing crisis between the commission and the office of the Inspector General of Police.

Jemibewon who once authored a book on solution to the crisis of ethic and morale in the force went ahead to proffer solutions to the problems facing the force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHo0NmaCFrs
Re: 7 Problems Of Nigeria Police Force That Led To ENDSARS Protests - Gen. Jemibewon by Fahdiga(m): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2020
Everything is wrong with Nigerian police Force. they are not the world worst police for nothing. they earned it
Re: 7 Problems Of Nigeria Police Force That Led To ENDSARS Protests - Gen. Jemibewon by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2020
“I heard what the Police did, and I'm not saying it was right. But you think the Army wouldn't do the same thing to us, and worse, if they had half the chance? Do you think they'll let us go on living our nice, quiet, peaceful lives? They'll swallow us up!”
Re: 7 Problems Of Nigeria Police Force That Led To ENDSARS Protests - Gen. Jemibewon by ProfessorBerlin(m): 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
I have been to his house twice, Wetin my eyes see my mouth no fit talk am
Re: 7 Problems Of Nigeria Police Force That Led To ENDSARS Protests - Gen. Jemibewon by blowjob: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
SMH

CLOWNS

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Alongside Ganduje Taking A Ride On 2kilomenter Sabon Gari Flyover In Kano / Nda-Isaiah: He Was A Friend And Ally, Says President Buhari / Interpol, UNODC Intercept Nigeria’s Gasoline Meant For Al-qaeda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.