Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,362 members, 7,957,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme (12168 Views)

Felamok Partners O’pay, Begins Recruitment In Lagos / BRISIN: FG Begins Recruitment Of 5,000 Nigerians (Details) / Defence Agency Begins Recruitment Of Civilians From 31 Disciplines (full List) R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Lanrelagboi: 8:05am On Nov 25, 2020
The Lagos State Government, on Tuesday, began the recruitment of eligible and interested candidates for the Batches 4, 5 and 6 of its Lagos Agripreneurship Programme (LAP) under its Agriculture-based Youth Empowerment Scheme (Agric-YES).

The State Commissioner for Agriculture, Ms. Abisola Olusanya, who disclosed this in Lagos today, noted that the programme was in furtherance of the State Government’s objective of training no fewer than 15,000 youths and women in the various agricultural value chains by the year 2023.

She pointed out that the one-month training exercise is aimed at improving capacity, creating wealth and employment in the agricultural value chains – poultry, piggery, aquaculture and vegetables.

According to her, the strategic inclusion of the LAP Programme would efficiently reduce unemployment, create jobs and alleviate poverty in the State, as well as attract and pay more attention to the creation of jobs for women in agribusiness.

In her words: “Following the training of a total of 400 participants under three batches of the Lagos Agripreneurship Programme, L.A.P, Lagos State will begin the recruitment and shortlisting of interested candidates for the Batches 4, 5 and 6 of the Programme”.

“The current reality and exigencies of job creation for the teeming youth population and attainment of food security requires that a more aggressive, strategic and efficient approach be employed in the training and empowerment of women and youth, if Lagos State is to achieve a significant reduction of unemployment, create more jobs and wealth and also significantly enhance food security in the State by the year 2023”, Olusanya said.

The Commissioner noted that the significance of the training would be the creation of 2000 Agro-Entrepreneurs who would, in turn, become job creators, promote food security, improve nutrition and general well-being of Lagosians, as well as create at least 4000 indirect jobs per beneficiary annually.

Other expected impacts, according to her, are the enhancement of the economic activities of the surrounding communities, reduction in the overall rate of unemployment, reduction in crime rate within the State and promotion of the State’s target of producing at least 25% of the food consumed by residents before end of the year 2025.

The Commissioner maintained that the Programme has been specifically tailored for men between the ages of 18 and 35 years and women between the ages of 18 and 55 years, adding that candidates are expected to collect and submit application forms between November 24 and December 8, 2020.

Olusanya added that interested participants are also expected to sit for a written examination on Monday and Tuesday, 14th and 15th of December, 2020, while oral interviews would take place on Friday and Saturday, 18th and 19th December, 2020.

She, therefore, urged interested and eligible candidates with a passion for agriculture and a minimum of Senior Secondary School Certificate, who are also in good physical and health conditions, to collect the application forms free of charge at the Agricultural Training Institute, Araga, Epe; Lagos State Agricultural Development Authority, Oko Oba, Agege; Lagos Agricultural Inputs Supply Authority, Odogunyan, Ikorodu; Coconut House, Mowo, Badagry and Ministry of Agriculture Area Office, Ajah, Eti Osa between Tuesday, 24th November and Tuesday, 8th December.

Shortlisted successful candidates would start the formal training at the Agricultural Training Institute, Araga, Epe, on Tuesday, 5th of January, 2021.

http://ajasainfo.com/2020/11/25/lagos-begins-recruitment-for-agripreneurship-programme-ajasa-info/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by willzy0909: 8:42am On Nov 25, 2020
So, if I may ask, where are these applicants supposed to carry out their agro business after the training?
The Lagos State I know is congested with houses. No one will choose agriculture in his empty plot against building an office complex or residential storey building on it. Knowing that real estate is the next thing after crude oil in lagos.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by willzy0909: 8:55am On Nov 25, 2020
I stand to be corrected
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by LegendHero(m): 6:39am On Nov 26, 2020
willzy0909:
So, if I may ask, where are these applicants supposed to carry out their agro business after the training?
The Lagos State I know is congested with houses. No one will choose agriculture in his empty plot against building an office complex or residential storey building on it. Knowing that real estate is the next thing after crude oil in lagos.

So if you are the Governor, what would you have done with regards to agripreneurship?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by money121(m): 6:40am On Nov 26, 2020
Nice one
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by tolexy007(m): 6:40am On Nov 26, 2020
nice initiative
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Neddstark: 6:41am On Nov 26, 2020
willzy0909:

Out of the state of course. Nothing bad if you are empowered and go out of the state to ply your new trade.
By the way thanks for re-affirming the bolded. That is the new way forward.
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Jagznation(m): 6:41am On Nov 26, 2020
Good
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Gkay1(m): 6:41am On Nov 26, 2020
Eko o in baje o

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Sonnobax15(m): 6:41am On Nov 26, 2020
sad. Nice move....

Agberos for Lagos too many,so Tay Dem even many pass normal people wey dey do legit business.....

This will help reduce the numbers of hoodlums parading themselves as lagosians....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by tigoba: 6:42am On Nov 26, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by iswallker(m): 6:43am On Nov 26, 2020
Who uses paper forms in 2020 - so the millions fashola spent on web design for Lagos has gone to waste

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by lizdammy: 6:43am On Nov 26, 2020
Great
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Standing5(m): 6:43am On Nov 26, 2020
Good one.
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by achyvatulai: 6:43am On Nov 26, 2020
[quote author=willzy0909 post=96416655]So, if I may ask, where are these applicants supposed to carry out their agro business after the training?
The Agric-Yes in Epe is big and well planned .

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by TruthSeeker1: 6:43am On Nov 26, 2020
ok
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by olite93(m): 6:44am On Nov 26, 2020
LegendHero:

So if you are the Governor, what would you have done with regards to Agro Business?
Govt is just like biz. Liaise with another state to get hectares of land so we can farm. Business development for both states

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by iamclime(m): 6:45am On Nov 26, 2020
willzy0909:
I stand to be corrected
You are hereby corrected. grin
Lagos State still has a lot of arable land in several places in Epe, Ikorodu, and Badagry. In my side of Badagry, a lot of farming (crop farming and animal husbandry) is still going on.
And yes, some of us will continue to encourage agriculture, especially mechanized farming.
Despite having an MSc and being chartered in my field, I still have my eyes on farming. If you know, you know!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by dederocs(m): 6:45am On Nov 26, 2020
willzy0909:
They are lands for it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by LegendHero(m): 6:48am On Nov 26, 2020
olite93:

Govt is just like biz. Liaise with another state to get hectares of land so we can farm. Business development for both states

But Lagos did that with Kebbi the other time.

Moreso Lagos is also building Imota rice mill if I’m not wrong and they should be able to collaborate with Ogun state with rice plantation for example.

I’m pretty sure there will be other aspect of agricultural collaboration that the government will be working on that I have no knowledge about.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 26, 2020
willzy0909:

It's this Lazy mentality that has kept Nigeria this way...

What value does real estate have to reducing the employment issue?... real estate is a lazy mentality.. it employs no one. you need to employ, feed and earn before you can pay rent.

- A 5 storey building in Nigeria employs maybe Gateman and sweeper..
- A 1 plot of Agricultural land employes minimum of 5 people who would be trained to expand and employ more.
- This is why someone would stay oversea but build a house in Nigeria for rental income but cant build a factory to reduce unemployment, yet still complain about Nigeria and why things are not working.

We need a very serious mentality change in this country.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by seguno2: 6:50am On Nov 26, 2020
Sonnobax15:
sad. Nice move....

Agberos for Lagos too many,so Tay Dem even many pass normal people wey dey do legit business.....

This will help reduce the numbers of hoodlums parading themselves as lagosians....

Reduce them more than if there is recruitment of healthcare and school workers as well as street/gutter cleaners by the 20 LGAs
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by seguno2: 6:51am On Nov 26, 2020
olite93:

How will Lagos state recoup its investment in their training?
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2020
iswallker:
Who uses paper forms in 2020 - so the millions fashola spent on web design for Lagos has gone to waste
I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Lagos of all states.

This is what Atiku is against. We need to reduce human contacts in government's processes to minimize corruption. This paper forms in 2020 is actually for APC loyalists and not for people interested in agriculture. Where are the Batches 1 - 3 they have so far trained?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2020
iswallker:
I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Lagos of all states.

This is what Atiku is against. We need to reduce human contacts in government's processes to minimize corruption. This paper is actually for APC loyalists and not for people interested in agriculture. Where are the Batches 1 - 3 they have so far trained?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Sonnobax15(m): 6:53am On Nov 26, 2020
seguno2:

Reduce them more than if there is recruitment of healthcare and school workers as well as street/gutter cleaners by the 20 LGAs
All you've mentioned are good.....let's hope the governor sees all of 'em....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by ikorodureporta: 6:54am On Nov 26, 2020
y d discrimination against males above 35yrs??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2020
Esseite:

What value does real estate have to reducing the employment issue?... real estate is a lazy mentality.. it employs no one. you need to employ, feed and earn before you can pay rent.
[s]
- A 24 storey building employs no one..
- A 1 plot of Agricultural land employes minimum of 5 people..
[/s]
We need a mentality change in this country.
Brother Esseite?
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by seguno2: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2020
Sonnobax15:
All you've mentioned are good.....let's hope the governor sees all of 'em....

Is there anything that we can do in addition to just hoping the governor sees all the suggestions
Re: Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme by seguno2: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2020
Esseite:

- A 24 storey building employs no one..
- A 1 plot of Agricultural land employes minimum of 5 people..

We need a mentality change in this country.

That mentality change was due since forever.
Thanks for raising the points.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stanbic IBTC Assessment Ikorodu / Npower Abia...let's Meet Here... / The Global International Youth Foundation (G.I.Y.F) Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.