Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1912 Views)

Igbos Have So Much In Lagos, Can’t Think Of Attacking It ― Ohanaeze / Soyinka: FG Has Given Up On Fight Against Corruption / Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Ekemeze: 8:29am On Nov 25, 2020

3 Likes

Re: . by Yenefer(f): 8:29am On Nov 25, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: . by Whiteangel1234: 8:34am On Nov 25, 2020
Biafra agitation get more followers because of actual or perceived marginalization of the Igbos

We do not have any problem with a United Nigeria but it must be just and fair to everybody

Trust me a united Nigeria and a United Africa favours an Igbo man

Biafra is just a call for Justice and Equity

We igbos hate to be control or boss around by anybody so we need to feel part of this country

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nukilia: 8:40am On Nov 25, 2020
Igbo presidency will silence Biafra for 4 years, when they lose, the agitation will continue grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: . by donbachi(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2020
Biafra came,saw and was conquered.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ekemeze: 8:47am On Nov 25, 2020

2 Likes

Re: . by uniqueboi1(m): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2020
I. They are a

G. Very funny

B. Set of people

O. Deceitful and manipulative

S. They can't produce a President in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: . by GBTYO: 8:49am On Nov 25, 2020
Don't let Igbo talk of seccession fool you.

Those people are the staumchest and most stubborn one Nijeriyans.

They only began this biafra thing after they lost out from the center.

Take Niger Delta out of their biafra and see them turn Nigerians

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by Whiteangel1234: 8:50am On Nov 25, 2020
Ekemeze:

No body loves to be controlled. But your narrative is quite different from what Biafra stands for. "Igbos wants to be alone,". You are now saying something different all becos of 2023?

This back and forth agitation won't yield any result. I was really praying for the success of Biafra honestly. Maybe that would end Nigeria.

If Igbo want to be alone why did the current Biafra agitation got more louder and support since 2015 when Buhari took power ?

I think Buhari is a Nice Man , I think the real enemy and haters of igbos was Abba Kyari since he died , The APC and Buhari govt have made more significant inroad into the south East

1 Like

Re: . by Ekemeze: 8:51am On Nov 25, 2020
Re: . by Nukilia: 8:53am On Nov 25, 2020
Ekemeze:

Lets be 100% truthful, is it possible for Igbos to produce a president come 2023? It hurts me a lot to see that tribe struggle too much
It is possible! Their presidency will spell doom for some tribes in Nigeria. This might set those tribes back to the stone age grin grin grin
Re: . by Ekemeze: 8:53am On Nov 25, 2020
Re: . by Whiteangel1234: 8:56am On Nov 25, 2020
Ekemeze:

Lets be 100% truthful, is it possible for Igbos to produce a president come 2023? It hurts me a lot to see that tribe struggle too much

Oga we are not struggling , Igbos are the richest tribe in Nigeria with the highest number of self made millionaires

Presidency does not directly favour any region or tribe but few politicians

But the call for Igbo Presidency in 2023 is more about call for Justice not that it will have any economic Impact on the Igbo man or woman

Its fair and just and equity for An Igbo man to get the Presidency just to show that they war of 1967-1970 have truly ended or if we are to take our destiny into our hand after 2023 and prepare for another war because we rather die all of us than be a slave to anybody or any tribe in Nigeria in this 21st century

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by etrouble: 8:57am On Nov 25, 2020
They don't know what they want. But, let them know that

Biafra ooooo, they won't get.
Presidency oooo, they won't taste.
Restructuring ooo, it will not come now.

If they do anyhow, they will see anyhow.
Re: . by Ekemeze: 8:58am On Nov 25, 2020
Re: . by Kestolove(m): 8:59am On Nov 25, 2020
Those confuse people that don't even know what they want, mtseew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by gidgiddy: 9:00am On Nov 25, 2020
Ekemeze:
This thread is NOT to cause any form of tribalism but just to verify my observation.

Is it only me? Or has any one else noticed that our Igbo brothers seem to be concerntrating more on "Igbo presidency 2023". They hardly talk or agitate for Biafra these days?

The only thing you hear these days about Biafra is the creation of factions.

So my question is, can 2023 Igbo Presidency put an end to Biafra agitation?

Presidency is something that comes and goes, it doesn't really solve anything. There was a time that Yorubas were agitating for fir Presidency based on the injustice of June 12th. They got the presidency for 8 years with Obasanjo but they still want it again even though zones like the the SE and NC have not had it. Now Oduduwa Republic is on the rise.

The Biafran agitation is very much on, its just that the oppressive Nigerian state has used its guns to try and suppress the the agitation just like they did to ENDSARS at Lekki toll gate. The way many Igbos see Igbo presidency is that it is just a mere form of equity, not a life changing experience. A life changing experience is an independent home land where you control your land, resources and destiny. This is something Nigeria can never give Igbos no matter how many Igbo presidents there are

3 Likes

Re: . by Ekemeze: 9:03am On Nov 25, 2020
Re: . by Imo042: 9:04am On Nov 25, 2020
People shouting Igbo presidency here are same APC northernerns supporting Buhari(BMC)

The 1999 constitution is our problem not Igbo presidency.

Igbo presidency can't restructure Nigeria.

Igbo politicians shouting Igbo presidency will be scammed and dump like the YORUBA ones.

We need restructuring and devolution of power or disintegration

1 Like

Re: . by Redcrafton: 9:07am On Nov 25, 2020
etrouble:
They don't know what they want. But, let them know that

Biafra ooooo, they won't get.
Presidency oooo, they won't taste.
Restructuring ooo, it will not come now.

If they do anyhow, they will see anyhow.

Very soon now you will start crying all over the place of Ipob burning down Lagos.

You have not defeated BH nor have any clue about ending herdsmen mayhem and banditry and you want to add Biafra matter into all these wahala.

How old are you?

1 Like

Re: . by Ekemeze: 9:08am On Nov 25, 2020
Re: . by Ekemeze: 9:10am On Nov 25, 2020
Re: . by gidgiddy: 9:11am On Nov 25, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
Biafra agitation get more followers because of actual or perceived marginalization of the Igbos

We do not have any problem with a United Nigeria but it must be just and fair to everybody

Trust me a united Nigeria and a United Africa favours an Igbo man

Biafra is just a call for Justice and Equity

We igbos hate to be control or boss around by anybody so we need to feel part of this country

Nigeria is never going to be fair to anybody except the North. Any Southern Nigerian who thinks that Nigeria will one day be restructured so that the federal government is less powerful, everyone us controlling their own resources, developing at their own pace and having greater autonomy is someone who is yet to wake up to reality

Ojukwu saw all this 53 years ago when he declared Biafra. He knew that the feudal mindset of the North, theur value system and ideology would be at constant odds with the aspirations of Easterners and would constantly lead to resentment, clash and bloodshed and he was right. Today, Nigeria is the terrorism hotspot of Africa and world poverty capital of the world.

Nigeria is no nation and can never be, we are just a country being run according to how a certain section wants it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:13am On Nov 25, 2020
Ekemeze:
This thread is NOT to cause any form of tribalism but just to verify my observation.

Is it only me? Or has any one else noticed that our Igbo brothers seem to be concerntrating more on "Igbo presidency 2023". They hardly talk or agitate for Biafra these days?

The simple question is this, could it be you have been in the minds of every Igbo man?

Can you mention any Igbo governor or politician that is campaigning for Biafra? Just mention one governor or senator. Since obviously you can't mention one, why can't they canvass for Nigeria President?

And by the way is there Biafra already?

1 Like

Re: . by Ekemeze: 9:16am On Nov 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by thatsleepboy1: 9:18am On Nov 25, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

If Igbo want to be alone why did the current Biafra agitation got more louder and support since 2015 when Buhari took power ?

I think Buhari is a Nice Man , I think the real enemy and haters of igbos was Abba Kyari since he died , The APC and Buhari govt have made more significant inroad into the south East

You made a point
Re: . by thatsleepboy1: 9:18am On Nov 25, 2020
They're after the presidency for equity and fairness but it'll be a miracle for an Igbo man to get there come 2023 which will heighten political tensions nationwide and the calls for secession will be high.
The Igbos are not even united at all.

Ekemeze:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: . by helinues: 9:21am On Nov 25, 2020
grin

Today Biafra
Tomorrow Presidency
Next tomorrow Restructuring

Haba, this one fine,this one good,this one nice na him make mad man carry load oo

Let them choose a course..
Re: . by gidgiddy: 9:21am On Nov 25, 2020
Ekemeze:

So in other words, agitation for Biafra as a country is dead and buried.

Far from it. It has gone underground and is reigning supreme there. Public agitation has now become bloody in Nigeria. It doesnt matter who you are, whether ENDSARS, IPOB, Shiites or whatever. Once government does not like what you are agitating for, they will send security forces to come and kill you.

So its now mainly in the social media and it is gaining stronger membership by the day. There are now uncountable Biafran platforms, WhatsApp groups, Facebook, Zoom, YouTube channels and many others with millions of members. Everybody discussing Biafra. Yet very few are talking about Igbo presidency

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nukilia: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2020
Ekemeze:

It can only be possible if the north gives them their 100% support. South west can never support any Igbo for president, the hatred is real. south south wil surely be divided.
The worst that will happen is when south west and north decides to collide and produce a president, hmmmm

The SW are the best allies which the SE can cling to. Any candidate representing the East must never hold grudges against any region in Nigeria. There is no time to make more enemies. The SW supported GEJ but things spiralled down so quickly, leading to the loss of the SS. The North is looking for a trusted ally as Presidential candidate, a person who will protect the interest of the North.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Official Driver Dies Inside Aso Rock / See The Next Plan Nigerians Got To Overthrow President Buhari From Office. / Meet Nairalander Who Exposed ESN Planned Attack VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.