Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe (25483 Views)

Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market / Buhari, Emefiele, And Cabal Plot To Seize CBN / Godwin Emefiele: 13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2020
mariahAngel:
Buhari and all his appointees are all flops of the century!

Emefiele was an appointee of the previouus administration
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nothing concern me and the topic above

I just wanna ask, does nairaland have an app.
If it doesn't, then the owner of this site no try ooo

Even if it doesn't, nairaland website should be design deliciously. It looks crude.
Reddit is just like nairaland, bit it looks better
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Hiploko(m): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
Funny government
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by GreaterFuture(m): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
Numismatic:
Na Hausa get parallel market, so he must not go against the wishes of his masters..
What is Parallel Market?
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by hazel01(f): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
in summary now @jphilip dollars is not coming down soon and CBN would have to accept the official rate of 480 naira to a dollar instead of their useless parallel rates.

I honestly don't get the usefulness of the parallel rate, cos we almost never get dollars at this rate, not even from banks.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
tstx:
Worst CBN governor in Nigeria's history

More than worst. Making life hell for anyone doing business with Naija. Useless man. The ppl he is serving will go unblemished. But I doubt he will.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by collinsy2: 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
They are confused and clearly overwhelmed.
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by jaxxy(m): 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by RaphaellaDD(f): 6:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
In simple terms for people that don't like big finance grammar, invest in dollar denominated securities if you can. The naira is on a shameful ride down. When CBN was injecting dollars any how, everyone knew it won't be sustainable forever. Let's see how long they can keep deceiving themselves.

Invest in dollars FAM.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by RaphaellaDD(f): 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2020
GreaterFuture:

What is Parallel Market?
Black market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Whiteshield: 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
This one doesn't concern Meffy. He is busy locking the accounts of Endsars protesters without Court orders.
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Numismatic(m): 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
GreaterFuture:

What is Parallel Market?

Aboki market

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
How do people argue in this country.

Someone wrote he his worst CBN governor ever.

What is your reason.

For all i know, the man can not perform magic for a country that relies on oil for foreign exchange.

Over 70% of people don't produce anything.

The country does not export.

1 Like

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Pravedk: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
I taya for this country matter!
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by lastclaire4(f): 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
RaphaellaDD:
In simple terms for people that don't like big finance grammar, invest in dollar denominated securities if you can. The naira is on a shameful ride down. When CBN was injecting dollars any how, everyone knew it won't be sustainable forever. Let's see how long they can keep deceiving themselves.

Invest in dollars FAM.

My dear in mist country the forex is managed somehow. Not even Saudi or Dubai operates a free float.

The problem we have is we want to fight exchange rate and interest rate at the same. That defies economic laws. The shortest way out is to raise interest rates.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
When an Igbo man is in charge grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Saao(m): 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

In farness to Emefiele, he does not control the amount of dollars entering Nigeria.

Since 2014, we have been suffering from low oil prices. Oil has been below $80 PER barrel, and is now at 40 per barrel. Meanwhile the price at which we need oil to be to earn enough for a surplus budget is $139 since 2017.

Also, the government has not dealt with corruption, refuses to fully deregulate,, and has no answer to the securty challenges in the country...which all drive away investtors.

There is only so much the CBN governor can do.
oil was selling for 15 dollars per barrel during obasanjo regime so stop using oil as reason for buhari failure. I agreed with you that isn't Cbn governor fault but that of buhari and his gang that lack economics direction.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Osyxcel(m): 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2020
The little fx we have, some people with direct access to dollars are doing round-tripping. That's why the parallel market rate will remain so high compared to the official rate angry. Those BDCs which are mostly operated by politicians are complicit.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by AMvanquish: 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2020
Watched him on TV yesterday during their MPC briefing, the man is out of touch and delusional.
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by udemzyudex(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

In farness to Emefiele, he does not control the amount of dollars entering Nigeria.

Since 2014, we have been suffering from low oil prices. Oil has been below $80 PER barrel, and is now at 40 per barrel. Meanwhile the price at which we need oil to be to earn enough for a surplus budget is $139 since 2017.

Also, the government has not dealt with corruption, refuses to fully deregulate,, and has no answer to the securty challenges in the country...which all drive away investtors.

Rubbish excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by mathkid(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
angry

Check my signature for something nice smiley
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2020
Saao:
oil was selling for 15 dollars per barrel during obasanjo regime so stop using oil as reason for buhari failure. I agreed with you that isn't Cbn governor fault but that of buhari and his gang that lack economics direction.

1.You did not read the second part of my post...you know where i blast the government for not fighting corruption, etc...

2.Oil ranged between 19 dollars and 60 dollars under Obasanjo, and the economy was a bit bad during his first term. Also, our forex needs were not as much as they are now.

3.Saying Nigeria's ecnomic failure is due to the falling oil price is also a criticism of the government....the government should have simply woken up to that fact and done something about it
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
udemzyudex:

Rubbish excuse.

Good evening. Do have a good day.
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
Oga calm down,
We are talking about people that still talk about 18th century grazing routes in 2020

The dollars going to Niger Republic is still there,
Fix refineries una no greee

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Front0lane: 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
See his foolish tribesmen making senseless n retarded excuse for this gross failure.

Which among all the factors was not lacking when aboki Sanusi or even Emefiele did wonders with the CBN ?

The thing is foolish soul like yours expose the hypocrisy of tribe daily for the world to see out of bigotry n cluelessness. Emefiele is a failure as CBN governor n will forever be, there is no other truth that that simple.

PhiliptheArab:

1 Like

Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
Front0lane:
See his foolish tribesmen making senseless n retarded excuse for this gross failure.

Thanks for the kindf and gracious verbage to my person. Much obliged.

Which among all the factors was not lacking when aboki Sanusi or even Emefiele did wonders with the CBN ?

Higher oil prices. Between 2009-14, oil was between $91 and 130.From 2014 april, oil started falling. And by extension, our income from oil fell, and by extension our economy.

Which is why I don't like this APC government...they claimed to be dffiversifying in response to the problem. Buhari should have hit the ground running by ending wasteful subsides, focusing more on security, and really fighting corruption,...but they practice the same old oil dependency.

SLS was just riding on high dollars. He wasn't that spectacular...same for Emefiele. But a CBN governor does not write economic policy...see Minister Farouk.(who you should be blasting)

if the oil price goes up today, I won't be rejoicing.

The thing is foolish soul like yours expose the hypocrisy of tribe daily for the world to see out of bigotry n cluelessness. Emefiele is a failure as CBN governor n will forever be, there is no other truth that that simple.

Whoever Emefiele is or not, it does not do anything for my life. I doubt anyone would recaall him in a hundered years.

NIGERIA must get off its dependency on oil. APC is doing nothing about it, and it is sad. Blame them, not some CBN governor whose hands are tied by the limited dollars flowing in.

We need to get off oil.
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by blacknp(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
WalkerMichael:
story.. soft reminder dollar -naira already retail for 485/$ saibaba
Not Ipob Emefiele?
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
udemzyudex:

Rubbish excuse.
na like this you dey for real life? I've been noticing your replies here a d you sound so "harsh".
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Modified

Yes, Nigeria is dependent on oil, yes, when oil falls, our economy crashes, when oil shoots up our economy rises. We were there in 1973-82, when oil rose, 1982-2003 when oil was low, and 2003-2014 when oil rose.

Blaming our current economic collapse on the collapse on the price of oil, is a direct criticism of the government's failure to diversify the economy. If you don't get that, sorry.

Spot on !
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Spot on !

Thank you
Re: Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe by blacknp(m): 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Thanks for the kindf and gracious verbage to my person. Much obliged.

Higher oil prices. Between 2009-14, oil was between $91 and 130.From 2014 april, oil started falling. And by extension, our income from oil fell, and by extension our economy.

Which is why I don't like this APC government...they claimed to be dffiversifying...but they practice the same old oil dependency.

SLS was just riding on high dollars. He wasn't that spectacular...same for Emefiele. But a CBN governor does not write economic policy...see Minister Farouk.(who you should be blasting)

if the oil price goes up today, I won't be rejoicing.

Whoever Emefiele is or not, it does not do anything for my life. I doubt anyone would recaall him in a hundered years.

NIGERIA must get off its dependency on oil. APC is doing nothing about it, and it is sad. Blame them, not some CBN governor whose hands are tied by the limited dollars flowing in.

Tell your Governor & docile people to stop running to Abuja every month to collect sustainability money from the FG, why can’t your state produce the commodity that will break our dependence on oil, instead of just wailing with no solution & blaming others as if you are not part of the problem? What comparative advantaged commodity does your state export for foreign exchange in adding value to our Foreign reserves?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report / Check Out The Way Unity Bank Plc Celebrated Nigeria @56

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.