Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Anybody Understands Blackberry Browser? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Anybody Understands Blackberry Browser? (1092 Views)

Download "KIT Browser" Very Fast Browser Designed By A 19-year Old Nigerian / Writing Into A Local File From A Browser Using The HTML5 File System Api-help Me / Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Understands Blackberry Browser? by tundebabzy: 9:20am On Mar 21, 2011
Hi guys, I'm testing my website and i noticed something weird. Some guys have complained that my website is blank when they load it from their blackberry phone browser. Mine is "Curve 2" OS 4.6 and it loads right. It also works right on "Curve 2" OS 5. A tour OS 5 reported blank page on BB browser, same with "curve 3" with OS 5.

My website DOCTYPE is XHTML 1.0 Strict. Does anybody know why it might be blanking on some BB phones? I have just 10MB bandwidth thats why I don't want to post the web address. The problem is that the site was built with django and there is no Nigerian webhost that can host django applications. Getting a dollar debit/credit card is a problem but i'm not focussing on the yet since its still in development.
Re: Anybody Understands Blackberry Browser? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
Actually it really depends on the BB Version to my understanding,5.0 have better Web Rendering but typically your website should display properly on a BB browser.try testing with multiple devices.
Re: Anybody Understands Blackberry Browser? by tundebabzy: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2011
I tried on torch which is OS 6 and it works, I tried on 9700 OS 5n doesn't work, I tried on 9000 which is also a bold OS 5 and it works.
The markup of the pages passed w3 xhtml validation so I'm sure its not because of a mistake in my markup that might be confusing the browser.
The javascript I used is very minimal, just to color alternate rows of a table however I will cross check to see if the phones that failed didn't have javascriopt turned on. That's the only thing I can think of now.
Thanks pcguru.

(1) (Reply)

Need To Get This Vb6 Code Working, Pls Help! / Am I Right Or Wrong / Pls Can Some One Help Me On How To Use A Netbeans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.