Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,177 members, 7,867,416 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:43 PM

‘I Hope We’ll Play Soccer Together In The Sky’ — Pele Reacts To Maradona's Death - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Hope We’ll Play Soccer Together In The Sky’ — Pele Reacts To Maradona's Death (518 Views)

EPL: Pele Reacts As Ronaldo Officially Returns To Man Utd / Diego Maradona Death Was A Form Of Suicide As Doctor Reveal Attempts To End Life / Maradona's Death: Players, Entertainers Mourn Soccer Legend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Hope We’ll Play Soccer Together In The Sky’ — Pele Reacts To Maradona's Death by Gemid94(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
Brazilian football great Pele mourned his fellow legend Diego Maradona after the Argentine died Wednesday, saying he hoped they would “play together in the sky” one day.

“Sad news today. I have lost a dear friend, and the world has lost a legend,” Pele wrote on Instagram, alongside a picture of Maradona hoisting the World Cup trophy in 1986.

“There is much more to say, but for now may God give his family strength. One day, I hope, we will play soccer together in the sky.”

Pele and Maradona, who often vie for the title of best footballer in history, had just celebrated milestone birthdays last month: 80 and 60, respectively.

Pele had wished Maradona well on his birthday on October 30, writing, “May your journey be long and may you always smile, and make me smile, too!”

Maradona had likewise congratulated Pele on his 80th a week before, joining in what he called “the universal tribute to the King.”

The Brazilian and Argentine were jointly named best player of the 20th century by FIFA in 2000.

AFP

Re: ‘I Hope We’ll Play Soccer Together In The Sky’ — Pele Reacts To Maradona's Death by kolafolabi(m): 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
That's impossible...One of the finest football players is gone but guess what, he will always be remembered. What will you be remembered for? A question for all.
Re: ‘I Hope We’ll Play Soccer Together In The Sky’ — Pele Reacts To Maradona's Death by Vikkoh(m): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
kolafolabi:
That's impossible...One of the finest football players is gone but guess what, he will always be remembered. What will you be remembered for? A question for all.

Mhennn.
This life no balance cry cry .
Re: ‘I Hope We’ll Play Soccer Together In The Sky’ — Pele Reacts To Maradona's Death by Righteousness89(m): 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
Condolences to the Family of Diego Maradona..

Maradona Whether he Believed in Christ or not has gone to appear befor the KING of kings, JESUS Christ.
Name, Profession, religion,reputation or Pocket rate does not Matter on that side..

What Matters there is if You Accepted JESUS Christ as your LORD and SAVIOR.

Lets be guided so we don't end up chasing winds here on Earth.

Eternity is Real Folks!
It's all about JESUS and JESUS ALONE!

1 Like

Re: ‘I Hope We’ll Play Soccer Together In The Sky’ — Pele Reacts To Maradona's Death by chris259(m): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
Pele made a beautiful tribute i must say..
Re: ‘I Hope We’ll Play Soccer Together In The Sky’ — Pele Reacts To Maradona's Death by annyplenty(m): 8:45am On Nov 26, 2020
That is if you see each other when you cross to the other sides of life.
Re: ‘I Hope We’ll Play Soccer Together In The Sky’ — Pele Reacts To Maradona's Death by paulolee(m): 11:55am On Nov 26, 2020
maybe its shaolin soccer....

(1) (Reply)

OFFICIAL: Premier League Condemns European Super League Proposal(photos) / Wayne Rooney's Son Scores Hattrick For Manchester United Under 11 Team / Nigeria (0) Vs Cameroon (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.