Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Whatsapp Scammers - Be warned - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whatsapp Scammers - Be warned (461 Views)

See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From / Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Scammers - Be warned by tosomaju(m): 12:44am On Nov 26, 2020
Please don't let them get to you too. I fell victim. But they could not deactivate my whatsapp because of the 2 steps verification code.

The way they operate .
You get added to a whatsapp group
1. They promise juicy return on investment
2. More than 100 fake testimonies everyday with fake bank alert.
3. You become motivated and ask how to invest. You are asked to contact Mr James who will send you account detail as in the screen shot below
4. Immediately you send the money and payment confirmation , someone else will call you who claim to be in charge of the binary engine and payment.
5. He will try to convince you to triple your investment that the system generated some stuff and got upgraded and you have to hurry up to increase your stake and it is a one time opportunity.
6. If they get more from you or confirm they can't get more from you, they will call you and tell you that they have registered you with your whatsapp number and they need the code sent to you to process your investment.
7. If you make the mistake of giving them the code, you will automatically lose your WhatsApp account and it will show as if you left the group on your own. You will also lose every chat or transaction with them.
8. If you have 2 steps WhatsApp verification, they will request for 6digit password that you won't forget hoping you will give them your verification pin. If you give them a different pin, they will try to convince you to give them your 2 steps verification pin.knowing fully well that you need to lose your WhatsApp account in order not to be a threat. They don't like removing people from the group as it raises suspicion. But if you do not give them your WhatsApp verification code, they will ask you to remove the verification pin setting and if you don't , they will remove you .

Re: Whatsapp Scammers - Be warned by ORIAYO70(m): 6:47am On Nov 26, 2020
tosomaju:
Please don't let them get to you too. I fell victim. But they could not deactivate my whatsapp because of the 2 steps verification code.

The way they operate .
You get added to a whatsapp group
1. They promise juicy return on investment
2. More than 100 fake testimonies everyday with fake bank alert.
3. You become motivated and ask how to invest. You are asked to contact Mr James who will send you account detail as in the screen shot below
4. Immediately you send the money and payment confirmation , someone else will call you who claim to be in charge of the binary engine and payment.
5. He will try to convince you to triple your investment that the system generated some stuff and got upgraded and you have to hurry up to increase your stake and it is a one time opportunity.
6. If they get more from you or confirm they can't get more from you, they will call you and tell you that they have registered you with your whatsapp number and they need the code sent to you to process your investment.
7. If you make the mistake of giving them the code, you will automatically lose your WhatsApp account and it will show as if you left the group on your own. You will also lose every chat or transaction with them.
8. If you have 2 steps WhatsApp verification, they will request for 6digit password that you won't forget hoping you will give them your verification pin. If you give them a different pin, they will try to convince you to give them your 2 steps verification pin.knowing fully well that you need to lose your WhatsApp account in order not to be a threat. They don't like removing people from the group as it raises suspicion. But if you do not give them your WhatsApp verification code, they will ask you to remove the verification pin setting and if you don't , they will remove you .

I don fall d mugu finish

So tey I don send the first code to them

The second code wey Dem ask my brain boost immediately...
Re: Whatsapp Scammers - Be warned by faithfull18(f): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2020
Lol, most times the account you are given to pay into is that of a victim whose account details has been collected too.
Re: Whatsapp Scammers - Be warned by AddictedToTech: 11:21am On Nov 26, 2020
2 rules not to be a scam victim
*don't be greedy
* always adhere to no 1

Follow these rules and you won't come here to be preaching the gospel of mark to us.
Re: Whatsapp Scammers - Be warned by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
Good post
Re: Whatsapp Scammers - Be warned by tosomaju(m): 2:24pm On Nov 26, 2020
ORIAYO70:

I don fall d mugu finish

So tey I don send the first code to them

The second code wey Dem ask my brain boost immediately...

Same here. Drop the account number you sent to here.
Re: Whatsapp Scammers - Be warned by tosomaju(m): 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
AddictedToTech:
2 rules not to be a scam victim
*don't be greedy
* always adhere to no 1

Follow these rules and you won't come here to be preaching the gospel of mark to us.

I used to say this also until I became a victim.
Instead of blaming the victims. Let's fish this guys out.

(1) (Reply)

Treatment For Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STI) And Infections / hummm / Happy Mother's Sunday To All Mothers, Nairalanders Send A Shout Out To Your Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.