Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,558 members, 7,809,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

3 Top Business Ideas You Can Start With Atleast 100k As You Plan For 2021 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Top Business Ideas You Can Start With Atleast 100k As You Plan For 2021 (1109 Views)

Discover How You Can Be Making Atleast ₦100k Monthly With Your Phone & From Home / Top Business Loactaions In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng / Please I Need Your Advice On How To Start A Business With Atleast N1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Top Business Ideas You Can Start With Atleast 100k As You Plan For 2021 by micronut(m): 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
What business can I do with 100k? I get this kind of questions almost every time which I have responded to many a lot of times especially, through private chats.

Well, the best answer could have been, "find a need"; provide such needs and you will see many things you can do with 100k. Another answer would have been "find a problem and solve"; "you get value and monetary reward" for that.

It can be as that simple, but it sometimes still doesn't help and not that easy to figure out for some, hence why I had to put some things together here.

Well very quickly, I will reveal 3 few business Ideas (out of many that I wrote down in my Business Ideas book), that you can start with 100k for benefits of many Nairalanders.

Here we go...

1. Food Processing Businesses

The Nigerian food processing industry is becoming bigger everyday and this has opened up many opportunities for a lot of people who can think and innovate - not by doing anything detrimental to health to make money but by simply adding values to food we loathe back then. Our dislike for those foods may be caused by lack of hygiene in processing and great package.

Yes, with simple processing and packaging, you can turn a N10 item to N40. And this may be an Item that people will always ask you to provide. Packaging and processing may not have to add anything but doing it better is important to those who are mindful of their health.

There was a video that went viral online sometimes ago when some fruit sellers were caught in sharp practices, burying oranges in dirty street gutter. This was done in a way that is only best imagined and not to be seen, all to induce ripening. I saw many comments that day, and lot of people vowed not to buy fruits from just anybody on the street again, except very trusted sources. You can be that trust sources. It doesn't cost big fortune to do many of these things.

You may not make big money at start but if it is what people value, especially food and fruit related, they will keep coming.

You can also think of how you can source Local Cow skin “kponmo” from North and process to sell cleanly. You will be shocked to realize that a lot of Nigerians eat Cow skin “Kponmo”… You can supply eateries, or even local canteen. No one will push a good seller away. There is a woman who sells Cow skin (kponmo) on the way to my work place, I heard that when she started two years ago, she was at the call of many because she is the first to think of bringing Cow skin “kponmo” to the neighborhood and because they were way cheaper.

She sells between N100 to N200. But overtime, as with many Nigerians, after they have enjoyed the cheap prices of her Cow skin, she started selling ridiculous sizes at funny prices. Hence, many people started avoiding her except those who really like to eat Cow skin. Smiles! Overtime, I discovered another seller, an Igbo woman, and I ported. No thanks to the bad comments in reviews and houseflies that I have noticed.

Well, you don't have to sell cow skin “kponmo” alone, you can process fish, meats and a lot more. Think.. 100k will give you a good starting in small food processing.

2. Skilled Businesses

With N100, 000, all you may need is just your skill and knowledge. You can use that N100, 000 to learn something like tailoring, shoe designs or even video editing in a big place where you get to see advanced machines that do things seamlessly and this exposure and opportunity of learning from one of the best places will give you an edge over others.

If you learn in Ibadan, you can move to Oshogbo or Ilorin to start your own, or just any place where the idea is still relatively new or developing communities, in the same town or city.

We are in a world of knowledge, and skills still sell every day. You can learn more than one skill and this only makes you available for more opportunities.

If you can't engage in buying and selling, or trading, you should at least have brain that can accommodate new knowledge. With that, you can start teaching others the skill you acquired. Smile.

As we speak, there are skilled bosses looking for apprentice to learn. Many of them have bulky works on their table, but there are no boys or girls to assist them. You can convert your waiting time to a resourceful time too. Use your money to get more money.

3. Retailing Businesses

Of all the three different categories or business sectors (industries) we have, ranging from raw materials production in agriculture, extractive industry like mining, to manufacturing, and to service industry - the latter seems to appeal to me most, and most importantly core retailing business.

This is a business type with the most minimal business risks, where all you do is to provide urgent needs by offering a product and make gain per item or in bulks. It is the easiest business any dummy can do with no experience while starting, as you can learn on the job. And also, it requires little or no value addition, but sacrifice of productive time and efforts.

A sister wrote on Facebook sometimes ago that she would love to sell Garri in bags in Lagos requesting for contacts of people who do it and can supply. And from nowhere one of her silent readers who must have been reading her pushed her for a huge Garri supply and she started her journey through it by going to a village to source for it. Her first adventure was a success even though it came with anxiety, fear and business apprehension. But with right planning on how to buy right and sell right, you can do it.

Retailing is not complex, believe me. It's what we all have done before and you can still do it with good capital.

I hope these help a bit? Excerpt from the book "Making Money with small businesses in Nigeria"

Source: https://omoelublog.com/2020/11/26/top-3-businesses-you-can-do-with-atleast-100k-in-2021/

Re: 3 Top Business Ideas You Can Start With Atleast 100k As You Plan For 2021 by omat20(m): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
FTC. Going into business without a plan will make you lose all our investment. Let us not forget that we will be in recession for some months in 2021.

1 Like

Re: 3 Top Business Ideas You Can Start With Atleast 100k As You Plan For 2021 by micronut(m): 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
omat20:
FTC. Going into business without a plan will make you lose all our investment. Let us not forget that we will be in recession for some months in 2021.

Sure, one must plan right.. May we not turn online beggars come next year.

(1) (Reply)

The Easiest $50 You Will Ever Make / Free odds and tips on twenty-one games / Pos Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.