Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 - TV/Movies (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (128843 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 8% (64 votes)
Fiction: 7% (53 votes)
Action: 19% (143 votes)
Comedy: 17% (130 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (19 votes)
Adventure: 15% (111 votes)
Mission: 5% (38 votes)
Bad Movies: 2% (16 votes)
Zombie: 0% (5 votes)
Vampire: 3% (29 votes)
Evil: 1% (9 votes)
Romance: 15% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2011
eghost247:

obanio whats good

@eghost247
I'm cool. Been very busy lately.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:01am On Aug 06, 2011
[size=13pt]Really? grin

but i dunno think so friend ~ honestly i enjoyed some stuffs from this movie wink wink
[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
That 'Sucker Punch' is an error. grin

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Really? grin

but i dunno think so friend ~ honestly i enjoyed some stuffs from this movie wink wink
[/size]

@Ogaga4Luv of Nairaland
It was very disappointing if you ask me.
'300' and 'Legend of the Guardians' are still my favourite Zack Snyder films.
I just hope he doesn't mess up 'Man of Steel (2013)'.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2011
[size=13pt]I do feel you friend i know the movie doesn't worth any top rating but at least dunno say you didn't enjoy and like some scenes in the movie? grin grin

300 and legend of the Guardians deserve the top of the list of Zack's works so far in the movie industry grin . still hoping to see '' Man of Steel '' when it comes out wink
[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv of Nairaland
It was very disappointing if you ask me.
'300' and 'Legend of the Guardians' are still my favourite Zack Snyder films.
I just hope he doesn't mess up 'Man of Steel (2013)'.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 11:43am On Aug 06, 2011
THE FIGURINE - MY REVIEW

Not your typical Nollywood movie and this was obvious from the first few scenes. . . i.e The bringing forth of the goddess to Earth by the Priest, the 7 years of prosperity & 7 years of misery, death of the priest and the subsequent burning of the shrine and the downpour of rain which was all done in a colour to reflect a period in the distant past was very impressive.

Script & Directing: The script is the written form and template from which a movie is made and a good script does so much for a movie. The story is very believable and the dialogue & interaction between characters was very well scripted & potrayed on screen. . .although there was some ''forced'' dialogue in one or two scenes to promote/advertise the movie sponsors. eg the Miccom Golf Resort, Osun State & Lagos Park scenes.

Despite the movie being a slow paced ''talk'' drama, it stayed interesting through-out, was evenly paced, never dragged or had a lull. Also, the transition between scenes was seamlessly done and all this is due to the excellent job done by the Director.

Cast & Acting: Everyone cast in this movie was perfect for his/her role and performed very well except Funlola Aofiyebi-Rahman who played Linda and was guilty of ''overacting''. She overdid the whole ''single'', ''upwardly mobile'', ''rich'' and ''successful'' young lady trying to hook a man and settle down thing IMO. Her gesticulations, rolling of eyes, flailing of hands etc was exaggerated, annoying and irritating to watch. Someone needs to sit that lady down and tell her to stop overacting cos she does exactly the same thing in the MNET tv soap, Tinsel.

Femi (Ramsey Noah) & Mona had maad chemistry and I really felt their vibes. However, I was most charmed by the man who played the role of Mona & Femi's lecturer. . .his performance was outstanding and he stole the show in the few scenes he appeared.

Cinematography, Costuming, Set Location & Design: Figurine also does well in these areas. The village life scenes at the beginning of the movie, the NYSC orientation camp (the best depiction of it I've seen in any Nollywood movie) and all the other scenes were vey well done. The costuming of characters and design/decor of locations/sets used in the movie was very good too. Take for example the Lecturer's office and it's interior decor which was very artistic, afrocentric and stunningly beautiful. . .with all the posters of african art forms, deities, plaques, sculptures etc. . . .and the parrot which squeaked when Shola touched it's cage grin

Score and Soundtrack: The background sounds that accompanied the different scenes and the soundtrack (the araromire song. . .and thankfully it wasn't a rehash of the story) of the movie were low key and not loud like in most Nollywood productions. Also the background sounds kept fading in & out and was in sync with whatever was happening at any given time in the movie. All in all, the musical score and soundtrack provided very good transitions between the scenes and perfectly portrayed the emotional viewpoint for the scenes and the film as a whole.

Language, Translation and Subtitling: I absolutely love the language used in the movie. . . .the combination of English, Pidgin and Yoruba spoken was perfect for a story set in 21st century Lagos and it wasn't misused at all in relation to the characters. As in, characters who were supposed to speak English to each other spoke English and those who were supposed to speak Pidgin or Yoruba spoke exactly that. For example, it would have being foolish for Shola to have conversed with his Lecturer in Pidgin or Yoruba.

The translation and English subtitling was okay too as there was no ''tabons'' but I felt it could have been better and more specific as there were times the subtitled English translation conveyed the general meaning of what was spoken and not the exact meaning. Also there were a few parts in which Yoruba was spoken and there was no subtitled translation shown on screen.

The Climax & Ending: This is what I like most about Figurine. When the truth unravels it'll shock you. Also, it's doesn't conclude it's self and has what I'll call an Open Ending. . . as in, it leaves you to draw your own conclusion and make up your own mind on what to believe. It's the kinda movie you see at the Cinema and discuss with your friends during the long drive home. . . and many days after.

Overall, it's a very good movie and I'll score it a 7/10 kiss
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2011
[size=13pt]semid4lyfe dear i applaud you ~ nice write up cheesy cheesy wink[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2011
[size=13pt]Shrine movies are interesting though but dunno like most of the Nigerian movies. . . grin[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2011
@semid4lyfe and Ogaga4Luv
I saw THE FIGURINE last year at the cinemas. It was quite good.
I'm just wondering why most of these Nigerian films can't be as good as IJE-THE JOURNEY or THE FIGURINE?

People that have seen TANGO WITH ME and KISS AND TELL say they are also interesting.

I'll check out THE MIRROR BOY and KISS AND TELL pretty soon.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2011

[size=13pt]Back to the Future
The original Back to the future film was definitely the best in the series. It's even on my top five list. Back to the future is cute, funny, and an obvious classic grin.

I know most of us have seen them, but i'll say what it's about. This is the first of three Back to the Future films. Marty Mcfly(the great Michael J. Fox) is a teen with boring parents cheesy , and a boring life and he has a girlfriend grin grin. His life is turned upside down when his friend Dr. Emmet Brown(the great Christopher Lloyd)shows him a delorean. Which is actually a time machine.That's where the entire trilogy began and the films continued after that. I love every Back to the Future film. I like the original the most, then I like parts II and III equally. The Back to the future films are nothing but fun and they're great movies wink wink.
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2011
@Ogaga4Luv of Nairaland cool
I really liked the first two Back To The Future films. The part 3 wasn't so good.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2011
[size=13pt]I saw this Movie half way and didn't know when i fell asleep like a baby ~ though i was really going to enjoy this only the shrine scenes i enjoyed lol grin grin

Obinna5000 of Nairaland you know I'm not a FAN of home-movies naww - gimme hot Horror , terror, classics , action ,adventure etc I'll say welcome ma jeez! wink
[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
I saw THE FIGURINE last year at the cinemas. It was quite good.
I'm just wondering why most of these Nigerian films can't be as good as IJE-THE JOURNEY or THE FIGURINE?

People that have seen TANGO WITH ME and KISS AND TELL say they are also interesting.

I'll check out THE MIRROR BOY and KISS AND TELL pretty soon.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2011
@ lalaboi

I just dey see your post now.

Anyway, I no get link as na from person I collect am
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2011
[size=13pt]Back to the Future Part III gets more criticism than Part II, and I do not really understand why grin . In fact I would say it is about as funny as the first movie, and a lot funnier than the second. The bar tender has some of the best lines in the series, like "Water? You want water you'd better go dunk your head in the horse trough out there." and "There's a fella that can't hold his liquor!" The beginning is also my favorite opening scene in the series. When 1955 Doc sees Marty in his house, his reaction is priceless grin wink[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv of Nairaland cool
I really liked the first two Back To The Future films. The part 3 wasn't so good.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2011
@Ogaga4Luv of NL
I still don't like the part 3 anyway.
Speaking of Horror flicks, have you seen the 2006 remake of THE HILLS HAVE EYES?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2011
[size=13pt]Well then friend i see reasons you did not like the part 3 ~ talking about THE HILLS HAVE EYES Movie that's another horror flick that thrills my World until i arrive planet Pluto~ cheesy.

Hills is an excellent horror experience, it has the right amount of creepy scares and more then enough uncomfortable gore lipsrsealed . I found the performances to be surprisingly well done for a horror film, that is about mutated cannibals cheesy cheesy . This film is a horrific, grotesque, intense & above all fun ride through these hills kiss kiss.
[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv of NL
I still don't like the part 3 anyway.
Speaking of Horror flicks, have you seen the 2006 remake of THE HILLS HAVE EYES?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2011
Prince Of Persian: The Sand Of Time. Really horror a bit and adventure in total.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2011
^^^ POP:SOT is not horror.or wasnt for me. didnt even cross my mind it was.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2011
all4naija:

Prince Of Persian: The Sand Of Time. Really horror a bit and adventure in total.
Horror no prince of persia sands of time is not at all a horor movie
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 9:06pm On Aug 06, 2011
The Fugitive
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by lalaboi(m): 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2011
Ek Ajnabee (Bollywood, 2005)

Looks like a photocopy of Denzel Washington's "Man on fire". . . Just a lil bit of twist
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by teeluv(m): 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2011
all4naija:

bruv, are you sure its the same film you watched??
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 07, 2011
^^^^
That's my assessment. The snake bites and the guardians are more of horror to me than fantasy.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:
I saw this Movie half way and didn't know when i fell asleep like a baby ~ though i was really going to enjoy this only the shrine scenes i enjoyed lol grin grin

Are you sure it was The Figurine [2010] you watched cos the movie ain't boring at all undecided sad

Anyway, different strokes for different folks cool

@topic
Watching Red Riding Hood [2011] as I post. . . . .  .
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 9:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^ these movies u watch are they Cinema dubbed quality? or better
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
amblors:
^^ these movies u watch are they  Cinema dubbed quality? or better

Very very few of the films I watch are cinema dubbed quality. Take a look at the Red Riding Hood [2011] I'm watching now. . . .Very Clear

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 12:10am On Aug 08, 2011
but its gotta be cam na abi albeit clearer one, as the film never reach DVD
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:52am On Aug 08, 2011
amblors:

but its gotta be cam na abi albeit clearer one, as the film never reach DVD

Naah. . .no be cam. The DVDrip/BluRay rip full filesharing sites and torrent na although no be me download am as na ''collector'' I be grin

Type in ''Red Riding Hood avi'' into Google and see for yourself cool
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by teeluv(m): 1:22am On Aug 08, 2011
@ topic,, bad teacher, not impressed with the acting, 5/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 3:31am On Aug 08, 2011
Just saw: Manchurian Candidate (2004) ---- 9/10
that is some very very chilly movie.

class acting too.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 3:45am On Aug 08, 2011
teeluv:

@ topic,, bad teacher, not impressed with the acting, 5/10

For real ooo. I give it a 3.5 sef lipsrsealed Although i like the part she was grading the papers. 'Are you fucking kidding me?' grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 6:43am On Aug 08, 2011
I enjoyed Bad Teacher actually.

Brainless fun
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by JKACH: 9:48am On Aug 08, 2011
tyler perry's why did i get married too

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (97) (Reply)

Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos) / Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.