Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! (14139 Views)

Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months / BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by dustydee: 3:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
where are those that were calling for Turai's head because she spoke English with an accent?
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by kolexy(m): 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
"How about "My fellow widows"

Or "My childrens"

"GEJ and Sambo is good peoples"

I dey laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by lekyar(m): 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
These posts mocking the wife of the president are very trivial and these antagonists on NL are doing themselves a disservice hanging onto these trends. Truth be said we now understand her challenges so something can be done about it and it throws up a very important insight on the character of GEJ. He remains true to himself even when it would have been more politically convenient to "procure" another political wife for publicity purposes as would do most and probably all the other contenders. Lets see their wives. My vote is still for GEJ.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by obijack: 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
eku bear and the rest of anti-GEJ

Has it occured to anyone that this may be  just what  the campaign  adviser suggested to them  so that she will be able to  capture the grassroot  for the husband.

Forget what she speaks. I can bet u she was not  the one that wrote that  speech.

Politics is a game  and the end result is about winning.

Note  that if this had been a trait  that her assistant would have been  fired or is the entire  GEJ crew dumb ?

They have tried it and it is working just fine.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Okijajuju1(m): 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2011
First of all, I am a Jonathan supporter, but just thot I should stress sumtyn about dame jonathan,

Her problem isn't just accent, She is a gradute, which means she passed thru first to final year and presented a project work which she defended and yet can't string together a perfect sentence, Its leaves us with a big question as to how did she pull that off, Uniport shoould be hiding their head in shame, If she wasn't our first lady, she would part of the "unemployed Nigerian graduates" screaming the govt isn't providing jobs yet she is unemployable,

I am proud that JEG still brpught her foward as his first lady, That shows character, cos irrespective of her grammatical blunders, she still communicates with a certain class of Nigerians and let's dem understand that dreams do come thru,

JEGA 2011
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by fuke(m): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2011
My People,

There is absolutely no excuse for the delporable level of her English.

Her degree cofirms the perilous state of our education which her party
PDP had compounded in the last 12 years. Uniport shame on you.

She should stop speaking extempore and use the pool of speech writers
at  as Rock.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Ogwuma(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2011
This boils down to the fact that we Nigerians tend to over-do anything we indulge in. Take for instance our fashion, music, and the fake accent our foreign students rush to adopt.
''My fellow widows'' may sound dumb, but who cares, so long as she assists her husband to provide us with the dividends of democracy we have been craving for.

But then she has a degree, her husband a PHD holder (atleast non of the opponents have been wise enough to investigate and rubbish their claim) and they are loved by Nigerians.

Uniport is a good school, one of the best in Nigeria, you just can't help but identify with a success story, and Dr GEJ is one success story, Dame Johnathan is too, and my alma matta definitely is (B.sc. Microbiology Uniport).
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by fxskye: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2011
Humm!

The most embarassing thing over this tread is her basic recurrent grammatical errors, I think the best she could do is to keep quiet in the campaign world,

Ogwuma:

This boils down to the fact that we Nigerians tend to over-do anything we indulge in. Take for instance our fashion, music, and the fake accent our foreign students rush to adopt.
''My fellow widows'' may sound dumb, but who cares, so long as she assists her husband to provide us with the dividends of democracy we have been craving for.

But then she has a degree, her husband a PHD holder (atleast non of the opponents have been wise enough to investigate and rubbish their claim) and they are loved by Nigerians.

Uniport is a good school, one of the best in Nigeria, you just can't help but identify with a success story, and Dr GEJ is one success story, Dame Johnathan is too, and my alma matta definitely is (B.sc. Microbiology Uniport).

She should stop embarassing nigerians with tax payer money,
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by mbulela: 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2011
I refuse to castigate the woman and make fun of her.
I'll rather direct my ire and disappointment at the 'learned and sophisticated' crowd around her.
They just hang around anything for personal gratification.
Apart from helping the woman buy gold and expensive lace, what else do they contribute?
they are all hanging around her to benefit themselves and join in raping our collective destiny.
Nigerian elite will celebrate mediocrity as long as it entrenches their grip on our resources.
Vagabonds, the lot of them!!!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2011
@remii's post on the first page

Pure garbage. Accent cannot be blamed for syntax or grammar. Wdh is "my fellow widows" or "he was once a children"?

Lady needs to stop embarrassing her husband, she can continue speaking her Igbo and ijaw language. All we ask from her is to either shut it up or get us an educated interpreter.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by mbulela: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
Her case is not even the worst.
I knew girls of certain extraction who could not string a single sentence in English for four years and some of them graduated with degrees in English and even English (education).
All they needed to do was have a regular male sleeping partner who was good academically, sleep with lecturers who were willing to be paid in kind when they could not sit with their sleeping partners i nexam halls or pay the lecturers who insisted in being paid in cash (with funds raised from Aristo runs).
At the end of four years you would find one lecturer who did not fall into any of these classes listed above, then the girl will go on a begging parade,telling the man that his course was what was holding her from graduating and he should just "let her go" with an E. even the lecturers she slept with in her dept will join her in begging the rigid one.
At the end of the day, she graduates.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Gbenge77(m): 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2011
Ogwuma:

Uniport is a good school, one of the best in Nigeria, you just can't help but identify with a success story, and Dr GEJ is one success story,  Dame Johnathan is too, and my alma matta definitely is (B.sc. Microbiology Uniport).
      she may be a graduate but ,her atrocious grammar sure casts doubts over her credentials.you sound sentimental.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by chika4real: 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2011
it is amazing the manner some people defend GEJ,
before you defend anybody,dont you reason first.Some of the GEJ supporters on this NL
are so daft despite the fact that you are heavily paid to hang online and you do shift.
Am so disappointed.
Am thinking we need to start calling for meetings so we can see some people physically.
we will not be suprised if we see some mad people there.
you have lost your senses,rubbish.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by EzeUche2(m): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2011
Maybe wives of powerful men should be seen, and not heard. grin
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by mbulela: 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2011
chika4real:

before you defend anybody,dont you reason first.Some of the GEJ supporters on this NL
are so daft despite the fact that you are heavily paid to hang online and you do shift.
Am so disappointed.
Am thinking we need to start calling for meetings so we can see some people physically.

bros, you dey harsh o!
these guys are paid according to the number of posts not based on the quality of their posts.
it is a flawed strategy but it is not their fault.
it is free money so no need to think it through.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
cant argue about the quantity and quality thing.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by ekubear1: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
mbulela:

Her case is not even the worst.
I knew girls of certain extraction who could not string a single sentence in English for four years and some of them graduated with degrees in English and even English (education).
All they needed to do was have a regular male sleeping partner who was good academically, sleep with lecturers who were willing to be paid in kind when they could not sit with their sleeping partners i nexam halls or pay the lecturers who insisted in being paid in cash (with funds raised from Aristo runs).
At the end of four years you would find one lecturer who did not fall into any of these classes listed above, then the girl will go on a begging parade,telling the man that his course was what was holding her from graduating and he should just "let her go" with an E. even the lecturers she slept with in her dept will join her in begging the rigid one.
At the end of the day, she graduates.

Wow. I don't know if that is funny or sad. Maybe both.

It really sucks for those who actually legitimately get their degrees, since their efforts are devalued by people like the ones you mention.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by mbulela: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2011
Eku, it is not funny o!
it is sad, truly sad.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by armyofone(m): 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2011
times are changing, nigerians complaning abt their politrician and command of english shocked grin

those days, as long as she can stimulate[s][/s] him in the bedroom, keeps his stomach stacked up. . . stay foine and light skin wink she is all good.

[s]"Pack of dunces. None to stimulate each other in any intellectual reasoning inside the house."[/s]
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Natasha2(f): 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
hmmmmmmmmm after all your ranting, tell me what exactly has it changed? are there no other important things to discuss, why waste your time debating on a woman who must be blowing another bombastic grammar right now? grin grin grin grin grin. You all have said the shit in your soul but come to think of it has it changed anything?
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Dsense(m): 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2011
OP.
I don't think she even passed by high sch ,Let alone Uni grin grin grin
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by chika4real: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2011
Am so disappointed.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by sledge406: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
Natasha,,:

hmmmmmmmmm after all your ranting, tell me what exactly has it changed? are there no other important things to discuss, why waste your time debating on a woman who must be blowing another bombastic grammar right now? grin grin grin grin grin. You all have said the poo in your soul but come to think of it has it changed anything?
Natasha, when you were born, did you have big brea[/i]sts as a infant? (Unless you have something less the size of an [i]agbalumo on your chest which is what you've maintained from birth till date). Changes come with time and it will take phase right in your face. Keep watching!

As for the lots of you coming up with crappy excuses about English language not being our lingua franca, have you tried reading about FACTS OF NIGERIA? I'd rather you shut up or stick to pidgin (which is generally accepted unofficially in Nigeria as well) instead of murder the English language embarass yourself in an attempt to speak. If English language is NOT our lingua franca, then why not go leave Adamawa for Ebonyi and speak Hausa with a fellow Ebonyi man so her gets your drift?

Yes, people have accent problems but a sound person knows one when s/he hears one so also does a sound person detect a grammatical blunder. When these blunders are excessive in a particular sentence and continous in a paragraph, do you expect these sound minds to sit in peace and not cry foul? Do you know the level of torment the ear goes through when all these happen? I have walked pass several times when Dame Patience Jonathan is aired on TV while speaking and I will never sit to listen to her instead I rather READ about them and have a laugh, keep quiet or sometimes counter people who act in her defense like it doesn't matter. Worse findings as stated her shows she's a graduate of a renowned and respect Federal University in Nigeria, Worked in a financial institution and even headed the Education Ministry in her State. How uncool are all these when till date, there has been no significant improvement in her speaking which is even made public. I think I'm more concerned on how she must have handled her PROJECT in her final year in the University unless she wrote it in her native language.

You try to compare her to other "First ladies" in other countries who cannot speak English, right? Now find out the lingua franca of these women and even when they are made to speak publicly or on air, many go with an interpreter to save them the troubles and embarassment. So what Dame Patience Jonathan from speaking pidgin or her ijaw/native language whilst an interpreter/translator does the rest?
Kind of reminds me when "Windhoek" tried making a speak in English language after receiving an MTV award in Lagos in the recent MTV MAMA award and he had to CUT himself short and smiled. English is not for everyone, true, but in an attempt to force it out without proper training/learning, you end up a laughing stock.

Dame is the laughing stock of the WORLD whether you like it or not. Afterall she made YOUTUBE, didn't she? grin

NB: Like it or not, Dame Patience Jonathan represent Nigeria and Nigerians one way or the other whether she was voted first lady or not.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by tlops(m): 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2011
There should be job post security on this forum.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by bkbabe97y(m): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
"My Husband and Sambo[i] IS GOOD PEOPLES[/i]" is actually accepted around my way--- we call it ebonics!

IS YOUR FIRST LADY FROM BROOKLYN?
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Ogwuma(m): 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
So because someone said that the first lady graduated from Uniport, you all jumped into criticising the institution without confirming the claim. I schooled in Uniport, Pres GEJ was even present at our convocation, never before have i heard or over-heard that she graduated from Uniport. So i seriously doubt this, unless see a link.

@gbenge am not being sentimental, But when you dwell so much on a problem without profering a solution, the individual starts sounding lame and idle.

So my question is since we all have 'convicted' her of being a 'habitual English murderer', what can we do about it? Or are we just making a past-time out of this over l-dealt-with, irrelevant topic.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by naijaking1: 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2011
While the standard of education in Nigeria has undoubtably fallen, it's hardly the topic of this thread. And to make a scapegoat out ot of the poor first lady is unwarranted.
We're talking about communication here, not grammar, not education, not even reading comprehension.
If we're talking about communication, then let's focus on the means, medium, and audience.
Technically, animals do communicate with voice, body movement, and even chemical hormones.
Without getting too technical, Dame GEJ communicates very well with her audience, so until I hear a market woman who claims not to have understood her points, all the noise makers on this forum can keep quite shocked
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Natasha2(f): 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2011
sledge406 link=topic=628209.msg7964[b:
[[/b][/b]102#msg7964102 date=1300813572]
Natasha, when you were born, did you have big brea[/i]sts as a infant? (Unless you have something less the size of an [i]agbalumo on your chest which is what you've maintained from birth till date). Changes come with time and it will take phase right in your face. Keep watching

i was born on November 2 1994 and yes i had big bosom as an infant grin  is it by debating on the first lady's accent on NL that will bring the change?  why don't you go to asurock to insult, praise or commend her whichever one you have been doing or better still volunteer to teach her undecided
anyway i still maintain my stand you guys should leave this woman alone if she like let her call it umbrera, umblela,umbreli, umblelus, umbreloy ambrola , um-be-le-ra. i'll only laugh cos to be frank not lampard its funny when she make such mistakes what we want is how Nigeria can move forward and not how her first lady speaks
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2011
Natasha, when you were born, did you have big breasts[b] as a infant?[/b] (Unless you have something less the size of an agbalumo on your chest which is what you've maintained from birth till date). Changes come with time and it will take phase right in your face. Keep watching!

As for the lots of you coming up with crappy excuses about English language not being our lingua franca, have you tried reading about FACTS OF NIGERIA? I'd rather you shut up or stick to pidgin (which is generally accepted unofficially in Nigeria as well) instead of murder the English language embarass yourself in a[/b]n attempt to speak. If English language is NOT our lingua franca, [b]then why not go leave Adamawa for Ebonyi and speak Hausa with a fellow Ebonyi man so her gets your drift?

Yes, people have accent problems but a sound person knows one when s/he hears one so also does a sound person detect a grammatical blunder. When these blunders are excessive in a particular sentence and continous in a paragraph, do you expect these sound minds to sit in peace and not cry foul? Do you know the level of torment the ear goes through when all these happen? I have walked pass several times when Dame Patience Jonathan is aired on TV while speaking and I will never sit to listen to her instead I rather READ about them and have a laugh, keep quiet or sometimes counter people who act in her defense like it doesn't matter. Worse findings as stated her shows she's a graduate of a renowned and respect Federal University in Nigeria, Worked in a financial institution and even headed the Education Ministry in her State. How uncool are all these when till date, there has been no significant improvement in her speaking which is even made public. I think I'm more concerned on how she must have handled her PROJECT in her final year in the University unless she wrote it in her native language.

You try to compare her to other "First ladies" in other countries who cannot speak English, right? Now find out the lingua franca of these women and even when they are made to speak publicly or on air, many go with an interpreter to save them the troubles and embarassment. So what Dame Patience Jonathan from speaking pidgin or her ijaw/native language whilst an interpreter/translator does the rest?
Kind of reminds me when "Windhoek" tried making a speak in English language after receiving an MTV award in Lagos in the recent MTV MAMA award and he had to CUT himself short and smiled. English is not for everyone, true, but in an attempt to force it out without proper training/learning, you end up a laughing stock.

Dame is the laughing stock of the WORLD whether you like it or not. Afterall she made YOUTUBE, didn't she?

NB: Like it or not, Dame Patience Jonathan represent Nigeria and Nigerians one way or the other whether she was voted first lady or not.

Dude---- If I was your teacher i'd   ---- you got more blunders than the dame, easy bro,
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2011
My People,

There is absolutely no excuse for the delporable level of her English.

Her degree cofirms the perilous state of our education which her party
PDP had compounded in the last 12 years. Uniport shame on you.

She should stop speaking extempore and use the pool of speech writers
at as Rock.

Yes your right, at as--- sorry as at----- sorry, is at -----sorry rock
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by sledge406: 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2011
babasoty:

Dude---- If I was your teacher i'd  ---- you got more blunders than the dame, easy bro,
You constructed just one line statement and talked crap too quick? I wonder what should be said of you if you waswere to write like I did. wink
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2011
I[b] don't think she even passed by high sch ,Let alone Un[/b]i

yes she jumped over it,

You constructed just one line statement and talked crap too quickly? I wonder what should be said of you if you waswere to write like I did

that should tell you something about life---- no one is perfect, not me, not you and definitely---- not the dame----

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Full Text Of CBN Circular Limiting Cash Withdrawals & Deposits / Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally / Buhari Expresses Satisfaction With APC Primary In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.