Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,735 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) (60714 Views)

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) / Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Big Cobra Killed With A Gun In Toilet In Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by helicoptarr: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
So sad!

Little do humans know that animals and plants have are alive and mustn't be harmed needlessly.

The consequences are inescapable in the land where such takes place.

Those who know know.

Don't curse; don't harm; don't kill needlessly; don't put others down; don't destroy others.

Only spread love to all creatures of the Creator, one of whom you are.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2020
It came looking for the zoo
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Buzx: 7:11pm On Nov 27, 2020
PS712:

That's sad. And it's the tale of humans in this country, very sad. Both humans and animals are suffering here.
sad reality.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by mystical109(m): 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Sun ain't rising for Biafra...
ok
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by dudusky007(m): 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
na witch...make dem investigate am well
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Ecosystem4u: 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
Primitive behaviour, the bird was tagged for research purposes why murder it?
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Feggie3: 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
jidowu84:
My own takes:
1)that bird can be a spy, good as its been killed.
2) maybe die dey hungry the bird, hence it flew into a place like Delta. Had it been it flew to Lagos or Abuja, it might still be saved.
3) na naija we dey. We ain't take no shit!
. A typical primitive black man kill what they don't understand...
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Missionaire: 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
mystical109:
lol. Niger Delta this Niger Delta that. When did this Niger Delta start. By Niger Delta, are the Asaba people of Delta State included? You even forgot that Abia state is a member of Niger Delta. I sincerely pray that a referendum will be conducted so that everyone will vote for or against. I'm tired of faceless people coming here to claim what they are not

Na so... And what makes Abia state part of the ND?
So When the governors of the ND met with the FG, Abia state governor was among abi?
Lemme tell you something.
People are affiliated with other people through different ways.. There's the tribal affiliations and religious affiliations.
For example, Akwa Ibom state was carved out of Cross River state. There are many Efiks and Ibibios in both state and they can claim brotherhood because of tribal affiliations.
They cannot however claim each others' state.
There are many Christians in Northern Nigeria and Muslims in Southern Nigeria. When anyone of any religion is being mistreated in any part, their brethren in other parts of the country can come to their aid because of religious affiliations.
But everyone knows where he is from and for now, nobody can claim a state he is not from base of religious or tribal affiliations.
An Anambra man will not be allowed to become a governor of Abia state despite the fact that the people in both states are affiliated by religion and tribe.
So, no matter what you say, you are from Delta state and not from any eastern state. Of course you're free to decide to be affiliated with the Igbos based on the desire to be a Biafran but that doesn't make everyone to be.
Delta state is a Niger Deltan state and not a Biafran state. Yoruba in Nigeria cannot lay claim to Benin Republic just because there are Yorubas in Cotonou.
Do many Niger Deltans desire to leave Nigeria? Maybe yes.
But the thing is, we will have to decide to leave Nigeria first before deciding to either be independent or joining Biafra.
So while the Igbos may want to have Biafra and thus vote one, we have to vote whether to remain part of Nigeria or not and then whether to be a part of Biafra or not.
Finally young man, talk is cheap. Facts are more important than talk. Anybody can say anything.
What you should focus on is finding answers to the following questions based on research and facts:

1. Is the idea of Biafra popular among the Niger Deltans?
2. Do prominent Niger Deltans who have Igbo tribal affiliations identify with Igbos and then Biafra?
3. Have those clamouring for Biafra consulted the Niger Deltans and other regions like Benue state in Middle Belt on their stand and tried to persuade them instead of embarking in aggressive land grabbing endeavors?
4. Do prominent Easterners identify with Biafra?

PS: You probably just laid on your bed and began to divide and conquer in your mind abi?
I hope you do realize that if a referendum is called today, it is not just Easterners that will decide on their future? I hope you're not expecting Niger Deltans to begin voting to be a part of people who do not respect other people enough to ask them what they want?
Lastly, the last time I checked, the ND is made of 6 states that form BRACED.
B=Bayelsa
R=Rivers
A=Akwa Ibom
C=Cross River
E=Edo
D=Delta.
I don't know where you got Abia state from.

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Burna440(m): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2020
One of its kind was caught in Zamfara state abt a year ago on a net, the farmer wanted to kill it but when he discovered a ring on it, he took it to the emir palace, it was later found out that the bird came all the way from Finland I think which it had something to do with a university research program, the university was even contacted and the bird was released, I watch it live on NTA weekend file, u can try and check NTA for details, our habit of killing things has become much in this country

2 Likes

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Birdborg: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
Buzx:
Museum Helsinki, Finland. And flew all the way down to Nigeria. Must have taken days.
abeg no mind them dey wan whine
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Mavor: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
illicit:
How can a bird fly from Finland to Nigeria

The bird is a native of Delta abeg.... na oyinbo wan steal am go Finland, come put ring for him leg but the bird japa....

Why him fellow Delta people come kill am na another story....
Have you not heard of bird migrations to southern climates during the cold European winter seasons? Go school your type no go gree.

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Funflipper: 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
atobs4real:
how do they know she flied from finland? can't the bird be brouht thru means of other transportation and escape ?Delta Amaka

Flew not flies. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by COdeGenesis: 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
ubee:
Limiting your scope of knowledge by probably rarely watching anything outside of American movies and Scifi, Nigerian home video and other local content, has you and @COdeGenesis talking like preteens. "Talking about being paid millions for a bird" One that isn't endangered for that matter. "Talking about the captor becoming world famous?" Are you guys serious!

Guys abeg start seeing useful content like Science documentaries, World history documentaries, Business/financial news, tech news and world news. It will help you both.

You are really bereft of how money works, hence your ill-thought conclusion. Before a bird is labelled it must have had some kind of value. Probably for research purposes. I still stand by what I said that that bird would fetch them millions of Naira if it were to be alive and it went viral.Someone would hv contacted them
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by nograv: 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
Johnbosco77:
Naija is a bad place to land..
Moral of the story...

Poor bird, made the foolish mistake of landing in Nigeria cheesy
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Starzo: 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
are live creatures kept in museums?? undecided
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
I just forward this news to some finland media....including all the comments posted on nairaland......i will try as much as can to get in touch with the organisation that tagged the bird
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Codedlyon: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
osamz007:
WONDERS UNA MUST SHAA KILL EVERYTHING FOR MEAT
The bird miss road enter dead zone.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by WoundedLamb: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
Buzx:

That's quite interesting to know @the bolded. Never knew they had a particular destination. Sad it had to die this way. Some years back, I caught a falcon just like this; I found it unable to fly and took it. It's a very predatory bird and hurts like a wolf. I was amazed at the way it kills rats. I had to let it go because I couldn't take of it. Lol, @animal investigators. grin anyways, cheers.

Yeah, they actually follow the weather/vegetation and since the climate is fairly constant, regions around the world have the same weather/vegetation at the same period each year thus prompting the birds to also have a unique migration pattern each year.

You're right, predatory birds are such amazing creatures! Their hunting skills are astonishing and their senses have advanced to either compliment one another or the environment. Those with poor sight have extraordinary hearing abilities, those that fly at night can slide through the air with no sound at all, etc. Glad you thoughtfully let go the one you caught when you realised you couldn't take care if it. Being a falconer is a whole lot and requires specialized skills. I've kept almost all sorts of pets but never a predatory bird.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ignorance. That bird could have fetched the killer a fortune.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Burna440(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
Buzx:

Nigeria is obviously not a good place for animals; and even humans.

Last week, I was woken up at 6 am by a loud noise; a dog was shouting seriously and crying. I thought it was even a child. When I looked through my window, I say a dog with two of its back legs broken and shouting in pains. A bike had just knocked it down. I felt bad. The dog was crawling and crying for help. A trailer was coming and the trailer guy stopped used a bamboo to push the dog of the way and zoomed off. The dog later died.

Y u no save the dog?
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by ifiokbenzy(m): 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
Poor bird, why u n0 visit me sef, i 4 use u collect ransome of $4B. U jst waste like that 4 Ogenejiro pot
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by ejimatic: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
Mophasa:
This peregrine falcon was killed in a town called Ofagbe in Delta State. The bird flew all the way from Finland to Delta State as the tag on the bird read " Museum 200L Helsinki Finland"

https://twitter.com/wakajugbe/status/1332198084659568641?s=19
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by seguno2: 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2020
EMMY76:
I heard they called the phone number they saw at the feet of the bird and the owners in Finland answered the call and told them to keep the dead body of the bird in a morgue that they will fly down to nigeria to collect it.

Is this the moniker of Alhaji LIE Mohammed
Asking for a friend.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by seguno2: 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
illicit:

The bird is a native of Delta abeg.... na oyinbo wan steal am go Finland, come put ring for him leg but the bird japa....

Is illicit for your entire body or it is just for the part above your neck
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by UKBobo(m): 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2020
Brawlscartel:

Are you ok

Delta isn't Biafra so why will IPOB be there talk well ooo

You don't know this one get her pu na na na gaped by IPOB in 2012...

Na this is how the kitty look now.

1 Share

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Buzx: 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Yeah, they actually follow the weather/vegetation and since the climate is fairly constant, regions around the world have the same weather/vegetation at the same period each year thus prompting the birds to also have a unique migration pattern each year.

You're right, predatory birds are such amazing creatures! Their hunting skills are astonishing and their senses have advanced to either compliment one another or the environment. Those with poor sight have extraordinary hearing abilities, those that fly at night can slide through the air with no sound at all, etc. Glad you thoughtfully let go the one you caught when you realised you couldn't take care if it. Being a falconer is a whole lot and requires specialized skills. I've kept almost all sorts of pets but never a predatory bird.

Splendid! Thanks for sharing your insights and knowledge, brother. Gracias!
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Judybash93(m): 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
illicit:

Damn bro... Are you kidding me right now? Okay, birds such as this do migrate from cold climates to warmer ones during winter. It's winter already and the bird was tagged in Finland probably during one of its migration but unfortunately the bird found itself in Nigeria where everything has to be killed..
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by FemiMaduka(m): 12:05am On Nov 28, 2020
Missionaire:

Na so... And what makes Abia state part of the ND?
So When the governors of the ND met with the FG, Abia state governor was among abi?
Lemme tell you something.
People are affiliated with other people through different ways.. There's the tribal affiliations and religious affiliations.
For example, Akwa Ibom state was carved out of Cross River state. There are many Efiks and Ibibios in both state and they can claim brotherhood because of tribal affiliations.
They cannot however claim each others' state.
There are many Christians in Northern Nigeria and Muslims in Southern Nigeria. When anyone of any religion is being mistreated in any part, their brethren in other parts of the country can come to their aid because of religious affiliations.
But everyone knows where he is from and for now, nobody can claim a state he is not from base of religious or tribal affiliations.
An Anambra man will not be allowed to become a governor of Abia state despite the fact that the people in both states are affiliated by religion and tribe.
So, no matter what you say, you are from Delta state and not from any eastern state. Of course you're free to decide to be affiliated with the Igbos based on the desire to be a Biafran but that doesn't make everyone to be.
Delta state is a Niger Deltan state and not a Biafran state. Yoruba in Nigeria cannot lay claim to Benin Republic just because there are Yorubas in Cotonou.
Do many Niger Deltans desire to leave Nigeria? Maybe yes.
But the thing is, we will have to decide to leave Nigeria first before deciding to either be independent or joining Biafra.
So while the Igbos may want to have Biafra and thus vote one, we have to vote whether to remain part of Nigeria or not and then whether to be a part of Biafra or not.
Finally young man, talk is cheap. Facts are more important than talk. Anybody can say anything.
What you should focus on is finding answers to the following questions based on research and facts:

1. Is the idea of Biafra popular among the Niger Deltans?
2. Do prominent Niger Deltans who have Igbo tribal affiliations identify with Igbos and then Biafra?
3. Have those clamouring for Biafra consulted the Niger Deltans and other regions like Benue state in Middle Belt on their stand and tried to persuade them instead of embarking in aggressive land grabbing endeavors?
4. Do prominent Easterners identify with Biafra?

PS: You probably just laid on your bed and began to divide and conquer in your mind abi?
I hope you do realize that if a referendum is called today, it is not just Easterners that will decide on their future? I hope you're not expecting Niger Deltans to begin voting to be a part of people who do not respect other people enough to ask them what they want?
Lastly, the last time I checked, the ND is made of 6 states that form BRACED.
B=Bayelsa
R=Rivers
A=Akwa Ibom
C=Cross River
E=Edo
D=Delta.
I don't know where you got Abia state from.

Stop doubling down on ignorance. Ondo, Imo and Abia states are part of what is known as the Niger-delta. The term "Niger-delta" refers to the area where the river Niger fans out and empties into the Atlantic, it is not a name of an ethnic group. Indeed, there are many different ethnic groups within the Niger-delta, including Igbos and Yorubas.

Steer clear of intra-ethnic politics, especially when you do not belong in. It is not your business whatever an Igbo person, whether from Delta or from wherever, wishes to do. And please, shove your "like" where it belongs. You people overstate your relevance. Who lives off your "like"?

Ignorance is the biggest problem in Nigeria.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by RoyalTerrorist(m): 12:16am On Nov 28, 2020
So na how u no fit tell the story of how u fly from Finland to Naija be that. We no get chill for this country oo fslcin
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by ebenezar202I: 2:34am On Nov 28, 2020
HeadShot:

My Muslim friend
You don't even know where delta is on the map

Just shut up
Urhobo, Itsekiri and Isoko people of Delta State won't agree with you so you better keep and restrict your ipob activities strictly to the 5 states of SE
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by HeadShot: 5:10am On Nov 28, 2020
ebenezar202I:
Urhobo, Itsekiri and Isoko people of Delta State won't agree with you so you better keep and restrict your ipob activities strictly to the 5 states of SE

They made you their spokesman...

A Muslim just like Shekau with a black forehead

Jealousy kills faster than anything
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by illicit(m): 5:58am On Nov 28, 2020
Mavor:
Have you not heard of bird migrations to southern climates during the cold European winter seasons? Go school your type no go gree.

So na birds u go study for school....

Bird man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top Ten Animals That Stay Long Without Food / NASA Announces It Has Found Water On The Moon For The First Time (Photos) / 5-Seater Helicopter Built By A Boy In Kogi With Local Materials. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.