Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Osinbajo’s Job Campaign Will Impact Nigeria Drastically - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo’s Job Campaign Will Impact Nigeria Drastically (209 Views)

At The Centre Of Our Campaign Will Be A Strong Desire To Serve The People - Obi / Atiku Is Not Serious In His Campaign. Will Possibly Lose To Obi. / Ekiti 2023: My Campaign Will Be Issue-Based, Oyebanji Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo’s Job Campaign Will Impact Nigeria Drastically by Jollylolly(f): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2020
With negatives stories flying across the online space, I always welcome every bit of good news that I see. Relief and belief was what I felt when I read the statement of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to Huawei and other tech companies.

His message was simple, “Training is good but I want tech jobs for young Nigerians”. That was very straight to the point. The truth is creating more and quality jobs is key to boosting growth, reducing poverty and increasing social inclusion.

Another Osinbajo told CEO of Huawei Nigeria that that excited me was this. “Every other technology company does training programmes, but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking at something that shows Huawei wants to be a partner with Nigeria, working together as a corporate organization that sees itself as a part of Nigeria’s future.

We don’t want trainings again oooo, we want jobs and I will explain how creating new jobs can impact Nigeria and change our fortunes. Let me give three examples.

THE 3 MAJOR BENEFITS OF JOB CREATION ARE:

STIMULATING ECONOMIC GROWTH - When there is high level of employment, the economic growth becomes healthy. Hence, small businesses can hire additional staff, which leads to economic growth. In this regard, our citizens can escape poverty as the standards of living will grow overtime.

IT LOWERS UNEMPLOYMENT & POVERTY - When job creation is high, more people will be engaged. In Nigeria’s case, this will lower our poverty numbers. When people are employed they will able to provide for their family and friends.

IT REDUCES CRIME – The insecurity and spate of crime across Nigeria has been put largely to the unemployment in the country. When some people have less legitimate income, they might turn into crimes like robbery, burglary, but when people work and get paid they won’t need to steal to meet basic needs.

Finally, if we all encourage job creation at all levels of government we will have a better and safer nation.
Re: Osinbajo’s Job Campaign Will Impact Nigeria Drastically by Jashub: 11:13am On Nov 27, 2020
This man (Osibanjo) has misplaced priorities.

Give us regular power supply and you will see the level of unemployment reduce.

Hauwei is not here for Nigeria or Nigerians ;they are here to do business because they know we a consuming nation.

(1) (Reply)

Northeast Governors Back Call For Mercenaries To Fight Boko Haram / THE SHAM CALLED “ONE NIGERIA” – BARON ROY / Kastina Schoolboys Abduction: Governor Masari Briefs President Buhari In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.