Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True (1226 Views)

Danny Williams: Beating Mike Tyson Was A Dream Come True / “mbappe” At Age 14 With His Longtime Role Model C.ronaldo Dreams Do Come True!.. / Dreams Do Come True For Mbappe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ball boys and girls are people, usually young people, who retrieve and supply balls to players or officials in a football game when it has gone out of play, majorly to reduce downtime.

Being a ball boy gives you the opportunity to see first hand your favorite footballer playing the game, all for the task of fetching the ball every few minutes. Some current footballers who were once ball boys, and have gone on to be professional footballers are:
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hudson Odoi: He was once a ball boy at Chelsea, grew through the ranks at the club's academy system, and eventually earned his senior debut in January 2018. On the picture he had with Eto, Odoi had this to say. 'When he started celebrating, I was delighted and he just saw me, came over and held my hand. For a young boy seeing a professional footballer coming to do that to you, it was crazy. I was smiling so much'.

Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2020
Brahim Diaz: When he was an academy player at Malaga, Dias was a ball boy for the team. Fast forward to 2019, when he assisted Isco he then tweeted "I always wanted to be a professional footballer. #tbthursday #ballboy". Diaz then posted a brilliant picture of him watching Isco and Santi Cazorla celebrate on his Instagram account in November 2016.

Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2020
Trent John Alexander-Arnold: He joined Liverpool academy in 2004, and made his senior debut in 2018. He was a ball boy in the game that Gerard made the infamous slip against Chelsea.

Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
Mateo Kovacic: The photo below potrays a young Kovacic trying to beg Gerard for a handshake, while he was still a ball boy in Croatia. Today Kovacic plays for Chelsea Football Club in London.

Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
Phil Foden: He was once a ball boy for Manchester City, but is now in the first team of the squad. He made his debut for the club in 2017.

Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2020
Iago Aspas: He was a ball boy for Celta Vigo, and he said ''I was a ball boy when Liverpool came to play Celta Vigo when I was a kid,". He currently plays for Celts Vigo, but has represented Liverpool in the past.

Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
Arda Turan: In a 2002 encounter between Gatasaray and Barcelona, Arda Turan was a ball boy in that game. He currently plays for Galatasaray, but has represented both Atletico Madrid and Barcelona in the past.

Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
Thanks.
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by PAWG(m): 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
Wow. Cool compilation
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by PlayerMeji: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
I think Anichebe or one Nigerian player was also touted to have been a ball boy in his time as well
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Great100000: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
PAWG:
Wow. Cool compilation
Thanks
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Cool
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by Beverlyjean(f): 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2020
Obodo oyibo....where dreams come true

1 Like

Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by sammycarz(m): 4:48am On Nov 28, 2020
Welbeck too
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by ewelike98925: 5:21am On Nov 28, 2020
Phil Foden: He was once a ball boy for Manchester City, but is now in the first team of the squad. He made his debut for the club in 2017.
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by samuelthaking(m): 9:35am On Nov 28, 2020
some academy player act as ball boys to make little cash,like the guy mourinho celebrated last season for a quick throw in that led to goal,he was also part of the academy even mourinho admitted he was a ball boy when he wars young
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by comfokon: 11:10am On Nov 28, 2020
samuelthaking:
some academy player act as ball boys to make little cash,like the guy mourinho celebrated last season for a quick throw in that led to goal,he was also part of the academy even mourinho admitted he was a ball boy when he wars young

Like how much?
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by samuelthaking(m): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
comfokon:

Like how much?
Dont know bro
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by paulolee(m): 6:48am On Nov 29, 2020
dts nice showing dt dreams do come tru..even heard dt keylian mbappe n rashford were once ball boys too...it happens in all leagues n d key factor is dt those ball boys dt turned footballers dnt jus av dreams BT dose dreams are driven with passion n hardwork because dey end up more successful than the clubs academic players..
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by ymstar(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
Great
Re: Once Ball Boys, Now Footballers Shows That Dreams Do Come True by comfokon: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
samuelthaking:
Dont know bro

I'm not a bro. thanks though.

(1) (Reply)

Sponsporship For Victory Cup Grassroot Football Compettion And Bold Carnival / Will The Under-21 World Cup In Columbia Be Televised By Local Channels / Tension In Enugu As Kano Pillers Are Crowned Champion Pix Included.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.