Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB (704 Views)

Afenifere to MACBAN: ‘There is no indigenous Fulani in Yorubaland’ / Afenifere To Sunday Igboho: You Lack Power To Issue Quit Ultimatum / Atiku Is A Case Study On Corruption In USA By Homeland Security. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Omooba77: 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2020
The Pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, on Friday, expressed shock over the killing of the Olufon of Ifon, Oba Israel Adeusi urging President Muhammadu Buhari to secure Nigeria and allow a federal architecture that promotes homeland security.

In a statement, titled: ‘Olufon’s murder and total insecurity’, its National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, expressed worry over the dwindling security level in the country and called on the Nigerian Police to fish out the perpetrators.

Odumakin said: “The shrinking of the governable and secured space in Nigeria shrunk further yesterday with the brutal murder of a first-class traditional ruler in Ondo state, the Olufon of Ifon, Oba Israel Adeusi who was reportedly kidnapped before he was brutally murdered.

“This gruesome murder coming as we are still smarting from the brutal murder of the daughter of Afenifere Leader, Mrs Funke Olakunrin for which some Fulani herdsmen are currently on trial. There have been other multiple murders across Yoruba land which the police have not been able to resolve. It has reached a point that only very prominent killings get reported in this state of total insecurity in a failed state.

The killing of any citizen worries us, how much more the first-class monarch.

We ask the police to fish out the killers of Olufon as it one murder too many and absolute failure and lack of competence by the security system in Nigeria to secure lives and property which is the first duty of any responsible government.

We are fed up with the daily sucking of the blood of our people across Nigeria in the apparent festering of insecurity which now has a very conducive atmosphere in Nigeria.

We send condolences to Kabiyesi family, the people of Ifon town, Ondo state, and the Yoruba nation on this abominable killing.

To President Buhari, it’s a time to get up and secure Nigeria and allow a federal architecture that promotes homeland security. Being the commander-in-chief can’t be a title with no responsibility.

“The total collapse of single policing to keep Nigeria safe is the urgent need to allow multi-level policing now.

“The total collapse of infrastructure in Nigeria reflected in the report that the Oba was abducted by the killers as the vehicle had to slow down in a bad portion of the road. Why are we constructing a road to the Niger Republic when our own roads are literally death – traps?”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/killing-of-olufon-its-time-to-promote-homeland-security-afenifere-tells-buhari/amp/

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Micheal250: 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
I think state governors should be in control of the security.

who ask the army to shoot at lakki toll Gate
who ask the army to also shoot in rivers and Abia state

The governors are in control but there are just forming handicap when it comes to lives and property

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by November1857(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2020
Total restructuring is the only solution !

Nigeria is stagnant , she can not move forward without Restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by obami007(m): 9:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
Community policing (monitored by the police) is still the best way forward
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by adekolaelect(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2020
I think you kept mum when hoodlums attacked many police station and officers in Nigeria .where do you want to see security when every Nigerians disassociated with police like Ebola in Nigeria? Everything has its resultant .we pray for the restore of courage for every security personnel in Nigeria . we blame leaders and security we forgot to realise that what we get is the product of our society in Nigeria. We also pray for the good minded in all Nigerian bcs criminality is growing every minute in Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Sammy07: 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2020
This Afenifebi should shut it.
This is what happens when you play politics above Security of the West.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by sapientia(m): 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2020
Thought they have a security outfit already?
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by helinues: 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
undecided

Afenifebi, behave

Where is Amotekun when needed?
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Never4getU: 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
Shut the bleep up! Which govs controls security? Didn't see how helpless they were during endsars?

Only the mumu at aso rock can give a damn order and they are only answerable to him only. Govs are at the mercy of federal govt, that's why they can withdraw security details if a sitting gov of a state, we witnessed that during Ameachi's tenure in Rivers and many others.

Micheal250:
I think state governors should be in control of the security.

who ask the army to shoot at lakki toll Gate
who ask the army to also shoot in rivers and Abia state

The governors are in control but there are just forming handicap when it comes to lives and property

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 28, 2020
Lol.

Cause an Olufon was killed or what?

It's now you know reaction should take place.

How about all the common men being killed?
Well,I guess his will bring the perpetrators of all to justice.
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by samdunzo: 2:00am On Nov 28, 2020
obami007:
Community policing (monitored by the police) is still the best way forward
Community policing should be utilized under a regional or state police structure, every LGA within a region or state should have a police station manned with locals of that LGA.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by orisa37: 6:11am On Nov 28, 2020
WHY IN ONDO STATE AGAIN? WHAT DOES MIYETTI ALLAH FH ACTUALLY WANT IN ONDO STATE? I HOPE GOVERNOR AKEREDOLU IS NOT THWARTING THE PLANS FOR AMOTEKUN?
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Sammy07: 6:16am On Nov 28, 2020
sapientia:
Thought they have a security outfit already?
helinues:
undecided

Afenifebi, behave

orisa37:
WHY IN ONDO STATE AGAIN? WHAT DOES MIYETTI ALLAH FH ACTUALLY WANT IN ONDO STATE? I HOPE GOVERNOR AKEREDOLU IS NOT THWARTING THE PLANS FOR AMOTEKUN?
helinues:
undecided

Afenifebi, behave

You guys should understand that Amotekuns can't be everywhere.
Aketi only recruited 192, His counterpart in Oyo recruited 1,500 and distribute them into wards.

But Aketi
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Gandollaar(f): 6:23am On Nov 28, 2020
Sammy07:
This Afenifebi should shut it.

This is what happens when you play politics above Security of the West.
Where is the politics in his statement?
I had a feeling he was in tears writing this. I felt his pain.
You are the one instead who brought politics into it when you rechristened them.
Buhari is the C in C and the bulk lies on his table.

State police is long overdue.
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by orisa37: 6:27am On Nov 28, 2020

The other day, FALAE cried for Help. The following day IGP made a disgraceful show of almost a million Police parade in AKURE. WE ASK FOR FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICE SO THAT STATES CAN HAVE OWN IGPs RESPONSIBLE DIRECTLY TO STATE GOVERNORS.

ALL WE. SEE IS ADAMU CHASING SHADOWS THAT ENDSARS WANTS TO KILL BUHARI WHY ARE THEY NOW TARGETING TRADITIONAL RULERS IN ONDO STATE?
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Sammy07: 6:30am On Nov 28, 2020
Gandollaar:
Where is the politics in his statement?
I had a feeling he was in tears writing this. I felt his pain.
You are the one instead who brought politics into it when you rechristened them.
Buhari is the C in C and the bulk lies on his table.

State police is long overdue.

The "Politics" I meant, I generalized it.
Afenifere, OPC, all yoruba elders, All yoruba leaders, all Yoruba politicians, all yoruba governors.
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by obami007(m): 6:34am On Nov 28, 2020
samdunzo:

Community policing should be utilized under a regional or state police structure, every LGA within a region or state should have a police station manned with locals of that LGA.

Is that not what I summarized in my post
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Gandollaar(f): 6:41am On Nov 28, 2020
Sammy07:

The "Politics" I meant, I generalized it.
Afenifere, OPC, all yoruba elders, All yoruba leaders, all Yoruba politicians, all yoruba governors.
This one is not politics. It's a painful loss. A Royal father. An old man murdered in such terrible manner is chilling. More chilling to me than what soldiers did in lekki.
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by johnmartus(m): 6:50am On Nov 28, 2020
Anyone can get killed if he /she placed on target.
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by IamWonderful: 7:08am On Nov 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by orisa37: 7:19am On Nov 28, 2020
Sammy07:

You guys should understand that Amotekuns can't be everywhere.
Aketi only recruited 192, His counterpart in Oyo recruited 1,500 and distribute them into wards.

But Aketi

Thanks. ONDO & EKITI should recruit 3000 AMOTEKUN per STATE.
Re: Killing Of Olufon: It’s Time To Promote Homeland Security, Afenifere to GMB by Omooba77: 11:17am On Nov 28, 2020
orisa37:

Thanks. ONDO & EKITI should recruit 3000 AMOTEKUN per STATE.
Their governors are still playing politics and eyes services..

(1) (Reply)

Senator Kalu Flags Off Road Projects In Abia North,indigenes Rejoice / Bandits Attack Adamawa Community, Kill 1, Injure Another / Obaseki Should Be guided On His Attack Against Oshiomole.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.