Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Pointers To Industrialization As Solutions To Nigeria Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pointers To Industrialization As Solutions To Nigeria Problems (195 Views)

Edwin Clark: Tinubu/shettima Ticket Could Be Pointers To Islamise Nigeria / Gov Emmanuel Pin-Points Industrialization As Elixir For Unemployment, Insecurity / Nigerian Senate Proffers State Police, Proper Funding As Solutions To Banditry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pointers To Industrialization As Solutions To Nigeria Problems by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 28, 2020
Let me start by saying "Amukun, eru e wo... O ni oke le n wo, e wo ti isale" meaning...

Sometimes The WRONG We See Are Symptoms of a Deeper Root Cause or Ailment.

I see a great nation in our country Nigeria. I see our future president reading this piece with keen interest. We know you are going there. You'll get there.

No be today, e don tae...

China didn't rise to become one of the best economy in the world by playing sheer politics. They took their industrial hub very serious.
They broadened their horizon, thinking out of the box, Same as India. Good news Nigeria, we can take the bull by the horn. IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!

I was supposed to write about INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION AS THE ONLY WAY TO NIGERIA GREATNESS.... but i will rather dig into 6 pointers to industrial revolution in Nigeria. Enjoy the ride future leaders. ✊�

Please note that these are just steps which the writer suggests should be taken, all for a whole.

Clarify the conditions that cause problems.

Define the cause of problems.

Generate clues as to the causes of problems and their solutions.

Collect accurate and relevant data (very important)

Use specific tools to solve problems effectively.

Establish consistent work processes to ensure problems do not return.

Let's go

1. Electricity improvisation: If you care, take your time to research. Every country that has made remarkable improvements in its industrialization must have given enough into it's Energy provision.

I won't disappoint, I'll be concise.
Dear future president, while you are working on a stable electricity supply. Still improvise on what to be done to avoid business running into loss because of the epileptic electricity.
How? Fashola was able to light up lagos with Electricity generating sets positioned at strategic locations in lagos. They have people who watch over them. Dear president, improvise this into our markets. Smaller power companies can invest into markets they can handle. Small business can grow, hence we will start developing.

2. Readiness of the stakeholders : It is no gain saying, saying Nigerians May not still be ready to deliver Nigeria.
I listened to one of Prof Pat Utomi's interview some years back. He said
... Before he left Nigeria for a course abroad, crude was selling low and when he came back, the prices had gone up, but to his surprise the only change he saw in Nigeria was that people had started spending more on frivolities, partying more and etc. Even government didn't save up for dry seasons.

Who are the stakeholders of this Nigeria Economy? You and I, just you and i. We make up the government.
Are we ready to spend government loans on its purpose?
Don't be a Nigerian that will take Agricultural loans to fund their travelling plans. My friend, na we dey do ourselves.

3. First thing first:
One mistake i have seen with past and present administrations is that they are not good at the implementation of nice ideas they brought onboard.

Still in cognizance with the second, just a little twist.

No country, i repeat. No country can attain radical improvements in industrialization if its residents take imported goods over locally produced. but isn't that what we want to curb by making sure we are self reliant and our locally produced good can compete internationally.

We don't need to close our borders to force people into buying locally made goods. These goods should be marketable then we can start to make borderline importations stricter for those areas we've made improvements.

4. Continuity:
My president, we need to keep an eye on the development of our people. If we want any meaningful outcome from government/people investments, you must personally see to the outcry of stakeholders. If you give out loans to people, make sure..
The loans are used for its purposes

The environment is friendly enough to profit

Support for unforseen circumstances (Insurance policies)

5: Government must engage stakeholders directly without much of bureaucracy & unending paperworks.

And lastly...

6. Security:
The environment must be friendly enough for investors to come. I will be silent on this, but I'll still say "security is everyone's business".

Conclusion: To me, the better ways to INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION IN NIGERIA ARE

Constant Electricity
Government support with the public
Public support with the government.

Future president if i were you, I will give good support to investors and give good Support to my people. The synergy is where we will keep working on.

Abiodun Itunu

Re: Pointers To Industrialization As Solutions To Nigeria Problems by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:19am On Nov 28, 2020
With this Level of corruption,

The paralytic criminal justice system,

The amount of time and energy majority of Nigerians put into tribalism, religious intolerance and tribalism, we can never be like China, we will collectively as a nation continue to remain in one spot.

Soldiers (not one or two ) but 100 who were lost in battle, but nothing is done honour them, instead u tag them unknown soldiers. Is this how u want to grow a nation? Not possible.

Agreed politics is dirty game, but the quality of peeps in position are just too bad,
Re: Pointers To Industrialization As Solutions To Nigeria Problems by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 28, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
With this Level of corruption,

The paralytic criminal justice system,

The amount of time and energy majority of Nigerians put into tribalism, religious intolerance and tribalism, we can never be like China, we will collectively as a nation continue to remain in one spot.

Soldiers (not one or two ) but 100 who were lost in battle, but nothing is done honour them, instead u tag them unknown soldiers. Is this how u want to grow a nation? Not possible.

Agreed politics is dirty game, but the quality of peeps in position are just too bad,
....and together we can make a difference

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram War: Whistleblower General Adeniyi Demoted By Court Martial / Governors Meet To Create New National Security Order / Lagos By-election: Lagos Assembly Majority Leader Lauds INEC, Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.