Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,588 members, 7,958,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:25 AM

What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? (398 Views)

How Was Mathematics To You While You Were In School? / About Adegoke Olubummo: Nigeria’s First Professor Of Mathematics / Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? by Authority1o1(m): 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
Most times people are forced to believe that education is a scam. When they make good results and graduate with good certificates and yet can't lay their hands on any well-deserved job, they will succumb to the pressure to denounce the importance of education.

Well,If anyone who have passed through school says that, I know too well it is be because of the scourging frustration, and not because education is not necessarily unimportant. I mean,try ignorance.

But something struck my mind few minutes ago. Apart from the every-day sums, subtraction, multiplication and division, have you made any meaningful and real-time use of those formulas, those sophiscated, rigorous calculations that you learnt while in school?

Of course I'm not referring to those in the field of science and technology, but to the regular human beings scattered all over the planet.

That is why I find English language far more useful than mathematics.

Share your thoughts.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? by donbachi(m): 12:23pm On Nov 28, 2020
Maths good na..u no even talk of the drawing and labeling of cockroach in biology.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? by chatinent: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
Maths wasn't anything added to life.

Man could have still known to add up his life and multiply, remove and divide finances.

It wasn't maths.

It has always been there.

People only gave it a name.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? by pegix(m): 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
From high school till now
I still dont knw the real life application of dat differientiation and integration

For those formulas ehn ...is d worst grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? by pegix(m): 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2020
I still dont knw the real life application of dat differientiation and integration cry embarassed
Damn...those topic nearly waste me grin

Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? by Karlifate: 1:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
pegix:
I still dont knw the real life application of dat differientiation and integration cry embarassed
Damn...those topic nearly waste me grin

Dee why

Dee ess

grin cheesy
Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? by pegix(m): 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
Karlifate:

Dee why

Dee ess

grin cheesy
grin grin...omo dem no tell.me b4 i comot my engineering dream go meds oboi
I cant comma die frm heck grin
Make unilorin juz dey push us small small dey go
Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? by Karlifate: 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
pegix:

grin grin...omo dem no tell.me b4 i comot my engineering dream go meds oboi
I cant comma die

cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To You Now? by 77star: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Can A Micro Biologist Study Msc Forensic Science / What ASUU Strike Did To Me / Flinders University, Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.