Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Dreadful Officiating At The African Nations Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dreadful Officiating At The African Nations Cup (1135 Views)

FIFA Tells Nigerian Referees To Forget Officiating At World Cup / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / CAF African Nations Championship: South Africa 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dreadful Officiating At The African Nations Cup by pie1ect(m): 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2006
Before I start ranting, Let me say:
I'm not one to complain about officiating, especially not after a penalty has just been awarded unfairly against my national team (Yeah, the irony... wink), but I've been less than impressed with the level of officiating at this tournament.
Ok I'll admit, the penalty against Nigeria inspired this thread but with the focus turning to Africa from June (after the world cup in Germany), I think it is high time these African Referees sit up.
Re: Dreadful Officiating At The African Nations Cup by vichel(m): 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2006
I totaly agree with u Pie1ect, and dude i Love ur siggy cool
Re: Dreadful Officiating At The African Nations Cup by pie1ect(m): 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2006
Thanks,
I Like yours too
Re: Dreadful Officiating At The African Nations Cup by okodus(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2006
May i use this mediato ask this question,is their any Africa refres and linesman that is qualify to the world cup.As for me i will say capital NO.
Re: Dreadful Officiating At The African Nations Cup by bagoma(f): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2006
referees are humans and are such errors are inevitable but what we have seen so far in this tournament leaves much to be desired. angry
if i were to score them on a scale of 1-10 their performance to me merit a 5.

not good enough.
Re: Dreadful Officiating At The African Nations Cup by pie1ect(m): 1:16pm On Feb 09, 2006
@Bagoma
I would score the officiating at this tournament 2.5 on a scale of 1-10.
It's such a shame CAF still condones this mediocre level of officiating at a major tournament like the ACN.
Re: Dreadful Officiating At The African Nations Cup by luridguy(m): 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2006
i dont know what to say first it was the penalty against nigeria...............and if that goal scored by drogba was not offside then i will not argue if someone tells me i dont know anything about football wetin angry then the penalty that was not given in the semifinal between senegal and eygpt what does caf have to say about all this lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Obi Mikel, Don't You Think It Is Now Time To Shoot Your Agent? / Who Is This Nigerian Footballer Please Tell Me / Fifa Removes Age Limit On Players Switching National Allegiance!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.