Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

'run' 2020 Movie Review - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'run' 2020 Movie Review (298 Views)

Once Upon A Snowman (2020) Movie Download [248MB] / Download The Old Guard 2020 Movie (bluray-hd) / [movie] Psy 3: W Imię Zasad (2020) - Movie | Mp4 Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'run' 2020 Movie Review by Opecksy1: 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
Plot Summary
A homeschooled teenager begins to suspect her mother is keeping a dark secret from her.
Source- Wikipedia

Cast
Sarah Paulson, Kiera Allen, Onalee Ames, Pat Healy, Erik Athavale, Sara Sohn.

Movie Review

The movie 'Run' first scene was about a nursing mother in an hospital crying and holding a child to her chest, at first the baby looks like a premature child but it turns out the child died 2 hrs after she was born. Then it takes us to a classroom where parents are gathered, discussing on how they would miss their children or child when college starts. Diane was asked how she feels about Chloe (her daughter) leaving for college, as a mother she was very much okay with it and even laughed about it, she went ahead by saying Chloe is old enough to take care of herself and she would very much like it, if her daughter can do all the things she as her mother couldn't.

Chloe and her mother live together, she's a smart and intelligent young girl who aspires to go to college and make her mother proud but Chloe suffers from one disease to another, which makes it difficult for her to achieve such things and again, she's also paralyzed from her waist downward.

Chloe has high hope to go to college but it seems there's always an hindrance to her getting to the university of Washington, she jumps whenever the mail man stops at their home. Everything was normal, she takes her medication every morning, she eats and act normal. One day after her mother returned from the grocery store she snooped around for chocolate and then saw a drug named 'Trigoxin' she tried looking it up but there was no internet, she had to speak up and asked her mother about it, reason is that her name was on the pill but beneath it is Diane's. After the discovery of the pill that day everything started looking strange and weird, literally let me say things started falling apart because the response she got from her mother wasn't satisfying enough and ever since then Chloe has been asking questions all over and over again.

One day, Mother and daughter went to see a movie and Chloe excused herself to go to the bathroom, Chloe crossed to the other road and showed the pharmacist there the pills she stole before leaving the house, after so much persuasion and inquiries it turns out the pill is used on animals (dog precisely). Diane caught up with her there and right on the spot injected her making her pass out, ever since they got back home Chloe has been locked in the room with no reception, internet or any means to call out for help.

Chloe managed to escape from the house on her way, she came across the mail man, Diane met them on her way back from the pharmacy and managed to convince the mail man to drive to the hospital and she will follow in suite, but he was injected and maybe killed because that part wasn't revealed to us not until they got home and there was blood on the floor. Chloe discovered that all her life has been a lie and it turns out Diane isn't her mother, she was not adopted, but rather abducted, she was never paralyzed from birth as well. At the end of it all Diane was arrested by the cops and Chloe got her freedom.

Spoiler Alert

At first when I saw the title of this movie from a telegram group I had high expectations for it because of the plot summary i even saw the genre as horror lol, omo there was nothing horrorish in this movie o. It was just there sha and even after seeing it, it turns out the movie no even get head or tail.But my own concern now is, why was she given different type of medications and pills, and there was also a scene that shows she did self medication not a prescription from a pharmacist or a doctor and again how did Chloe get paralyzed in the first place. I actually expected to see more as in show us everything, tell us what we don't know and again the suspense was useless to start with and again no excitement, no regrets, no lesson learnt, nothing nothing lol. Even if I am to praise anyone for putting so much effort for bringing light and giving us a little bit of action is Chloe. Well thanks to the director,producers, casts and everyone o that put in their work for this 1hr 29mins meaningless movie.

For More Movie Review Check Here- http://thescreenhub..com/2020/11/run-2020.html

(1) (Reply)

Emotional �� You Can't Watch This Without Crying / Ourtv Is Set To Show Live Lagiga Match Valencia Vs Elche By 5:30pm Today / Fela Kuti’s Song “let’s Start” Features In The Trailer For Netflix’s “the Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.