Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. (974 Views)

Mike Tyson Drew With Roy Jones Jr In A Comeback Fight After 15 Years / Mike Tyson Vs Roy Jones Jr: November 28, 2020 / Mike Tyson To Face Roy Jones Jr. In September 12 Exhibition Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by neolboy(m): 7:16am On Nov 29, 2020
Boxing legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr battled out an entertaining draw in their comeback fight in Los Angeles before the former undisputed heavyweight champion 'Iron Mike' said he would 'absolutely fight again'.

The former superstars both showed flashes of their old brilliance in a competitive exhibition fight with the remote judges failing to split them after the full eight rounds.

Tyson insisted he would be open to fighting again at the age of 54 but Jones Jr appeared more reluctant when asked if he would step back in the ring.

Former heavyweight champion Tyson said: 'I'm just happy I got this under my belt and I'm going to continue to do more. Absolutely I would do this again. I'm just happy I could go eight rounds. Knockouts mean nothing, you have to be able to go the distance.

'I wouldn't fight professionally. I'm about this now, about being a humanitarian and helping people. I'm happy with the draw, I felt I won but I'm happy with the draw and that we entertained people.'

Jones Jr added: 'It's hard to say if I would do it again. I took some hard punches from Mike. I was tiring towards the end because of the body shots. We know as boxers that's what slows someone down.

'I need to talk to my family, see what they think. Thank you to everybody who sent us out the right way. If everything goes the right way and my family say it's alright, who knows.'
Tyson came firing out of the blocks in the first round, throwing hooks to the body and head with the intention of doing damage.

The slicker Jones Jr utilised his superior footspeed to evade much of Tyson's attacks though did take a solid right hand which momentarily unbalanced him.

Jones Jr stuck to boxing and moving, pawing with a jab and then ducking out of range as Tyson continued to march forward and throw wild hooks.

The fight began to get sloppy in the middle rounds as both men visibly started to tire. Jones landed a few decent shots of his own as he started to let his hands go a bit more in the latter rounds but it was his defensive work which at times was reminiscent of the old Jones.

Tyson showed huge will as he ploughed forward, throwing combinations to the head and body but struggled with the range and speed of Jones. He landed the punch of the fight in the sixth round though when he slipped a jab and countered with a lovely-timed left.

Jones took it well and done a good job of tying Tyson up for the last couple of rounds. When the final bell sounded it was relief from both men who showed great respect to each other by embracing at the end.

Roy Jones Jr: 'It's hard. I took some hard punches from Mike. I need to talk to my family, see what they think. Thank you to everybody who sent us out the right way. If everything goes the right way and my family say it's alright, who knows.'

Tyson: 'Well I'm used to doing it for three minutes. I'm just happy I got this under my belt and I'm going to continue to do more. Absolutely I would do this again. I'm just happy I could go eight rounds. Knockouts mean nothing, you have to be able to go the distance.'.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

[s][/s]

Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by dogmax(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2020
Those men are still strong but Mike Tyson is stronger to face most of the current boxers.

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by Kingjay007: 7:33am On Nov 29, 2020
Tyson beat his ass.
They just dont wanna make the other guy depressed.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by Richimills(m): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2020
boxing never left MIKE
Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by kay29000(m): 7:36am On Nov 29, 2020
Lala, front page please...I need to get people's opinion on this.
Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by spinna: 7:46am On Nov 29, 2020
Im so proud of Mike Tyson.. a man that overcame his negative past and rid himself of negative attitude n behaviour to find success in other forms.

No matter the past calamity.. where there is life ther is hope.. thats what i pick from Mike Tyson
Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by Gullah: 7:48am On Nov 29, 2020
Tyson won the fight easily, the draw was a political decision not to make roy jones a loser since it was just an exhibition fight.
Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by Charleys: 8:20am On Nov 29, 2020
dogmax:
Those men are still strong but Mike Tyson is stronger to face most of the current boxers.

Do you know Roy Jones style of fight?

He invented a style that I believe he can't do it again at that age.

If they were both younger I think he will beat Tyson.

That my opinion.

He has this way of dodging punches. Then finds an opening. I don't know how to explain it.
Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by Charleys: 8:22am On Nov 29, 2020
Kingjay007:
Tyson beat his ass.
They just dont wanna make the other guy depressed.

Guy forget that thing, watch Roy Jones when he was younger, he can make opponents look stupid in the ring, I believe if they were younger, Mike Tyson might find it hard to land a punch sef.

I still believe in Roy Jones. But he can't do it again that's what I think.

His fighting style is out of this world, I mean the young Roy Jones not this one I saw yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by MJluv(f): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2020
Mike "Iron" Tyson
Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by adesoro80595: 11:31am On Nov 29, 2020
Tyson won the fight easily, the draw was a political decision not to make roy jones a loser since it was just an exhibition fight.

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by neolboy(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2020
Iron Mike Tyson
Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by paulolee(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
Tyson got dis bcoz e gat alot of cannabis in his system...dts not a factor bt i wud b happy if my dealer wins..
Re: Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. Fight To A Draw In Boxing Spectacle. by robosky02(m): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
This is real punches....

(1) (Reply)

Check Out My Earning From Our Kriseven Prediction / What If Eriksen Was A Nigerian Playing CAF Nations Cup In Abuja? / Free 1.50 - 2.0 Odds Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.