Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

My Leg Was Amputated After I Was Shot At Lekki Toll Gate - 23yr Old Cobbler - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Leg Was Amputated After I Was Shot At Lekki Toll Gate - 23yr Old Cobbler (367 Views)

New Photos Of Baby Whose Hand Was Amputated After Beaten By His Father / Woman’s Arm Amputated After Her Husband Butchered Her Over 'Infidelity' (Graphic / Olamide Babayemi: Cobbler Rapes Corper, Shares Nude Video With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Leg Was Amputated After I Was Shot At Lekki Toll Gate - 23yr Old Cobbler by LeoThaGreat(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2020
Speaking exclusively with PUNCH HealthWise Adebayo
Francis a few days after he was discharged from the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi, Lagos, Olalekan Faleye said until the Lekki shooting, he had temporarily worked as a labourer with a construction company in Ikoyi to raise money for his ‘freedom’ as an apprentice cobbler.
He also planned to use whatever was left after his freedom
ceremony to rent a shop where he could carry out his cobbler
trade.
“Any time we had little or nothing to do at the construction
site, I would join the #ENDSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate
to demonstrate against Police brutality and bad governance.
“I recalled attending the protest on three different occasions
(October 15, 16 and 17) before the soldiers’ invasion on
October 20,” he said.

Struck by soldiers’ bullet
Looking pale and sad, he struggled to recollect the incident of the Black Tuesday, saying the whole episode still feels like a bad dream.
“They (soldiers) arrived in a group and, without warning,
started shooting at us. As people ran helter-skelter, I recalled
hearing the protest coordinators screaming, ‘Don’t panic, sit
on the floor together and keep waving the Nigerian flag.,But it
was too late. People panicked when they saw the soldiers
advancing and shooting at us...In the panic that ensued, I was hit on the right leg by a stray bullet. The force of the shot was so intense that I found myself on the ground..."

--.The shooting incident had attracted national and
international outcry, with the Lagos State and Federal
governments being urged to unravel the identity of the
shooters and who deployed them.

Full Story: https://healthwise.punchng.com/my-leg-was-amputated-after-i-was-shot-at-lekki-toll-gate-23-year-old-cobbler/

Re: My Leg Was Amputated After I Was Shot At Lekki Toll Gate - 23yr Old Cobbler by LeoThaGreat(m): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2020
Independent media is a blessing to democracy. We must resist every attempt to gag our independent media all in the name of "patriotism" and not "embarrassing the government"

(1) (Reply)

Gunman Who Robbed, Killed Motorcyclist In Oyo Lynched By Irate Mob / Police Arrest Lecturer’s Wife For Allegedly Killing Husband In Bayelsa Read Mor / Time Magazine Nominates George Floyd As Person Of The Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.