Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

#EndSARS: The Real Giants of Africa Are Awake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: The Real Giants of Africa Are Awake (215 Views)

Government Buildings In Africa Are A Likely Vector For Chinese Spying / This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ / Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#EndSARS: The Real Giants of Africa Are Awake by bolaayenimo: 6:08pm On Nov 29, 2020
Adesola Sotande-Peters

I read through a Twitter post that said:

Beginning to realise more and more that our parents’ generation are the weakest link. Their own is to be ‘respectful’, ‘presentable’, ‘religious’ and ‘hardworking’ yet – zero progress.

Hmm. What can I say? I spent the entire weekend in shock after I was told some of the things that the SARS teams have been up to. My first thought was “what was their mandate?” Were there any clear mandates given to them? What was the governance structure in place to ensure they carried out their mandate?

It was obvious there were no mandates. The individuals nominated to operate in the SARS team were not trained to do their job! They were unable to carry out proper investigations. Rather, they were stereotypical in determining who they thought was or was not a criminal.

I am in full support of what our youths are doing. They clearly have expressed the following:

We are not our father’s generation.
We are not divided – not by religion, ethnic group, or past war.
We do not care about where our mates are from.
We are the most united generation Nigeria has ever had.
That is why this government should be afraid.
And they are right to make these statements as it is time for them to start securing their future. Our generation has lost the power to do so as we have patiently waited for things to change without us supporting our frustrations with actions.

Successive governments have failed our generation, their generation, and are in the process of doing the same to our children. I am glad that our children, who happen to be the majority of our current population, are rising up to shape the country for their future.

Honestly, the passion of our youths in this #EndSARS campaign is so contagious & powerful – really impressive and emotional for me – and so worthy of our support in all ways possible. Our children, grandchildren, and generations to come deserve a better Nigeria!!! It has been said that the making of a great democracy is the power in its citizens’ voice. Shown with the BLM movement in America and around the world, it is time that Nigerians found that voice to ensure change in their leadership. To see the younger generation showing this fire and determination gives me hope. With consistency of this manner I will see true change in our country, in my lifetime.
https://hearadesolaout.com/the-real-giants-of-africa-are-awake/

Re: #EndSARS: The Real Giants of Africa Are Awake by nairavsdollars(f): 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
How i wish all Northerners have Aisha Yesufu's mentality. Nigeria will be great

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: VP Osinbajo In Nasarawa State For One Day Official Tour / Northern Elders Forum - Buhari Feels No Empathy, Nigerians Are Dying / Lai Mohammed Says Buhari Will Complete Tenure Despite Calls For Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.