Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,853 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly (30316 Views)

Sale Mamman: Nigerians To Get Electricity Through Solar Systems / Dino Melaye Gets N5m Bail Over Attempted Suicide / Saraki Doles Out N5m For Ailing Actors, Promises To Transform Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by AndroBlaze: 9:14am On Nov 30, 2020
saintbillion:
you don't understand me bro. Harnessing solar energy and hydro energy which is more expensive?

Hydro would be cheaper in general for the first 10 years in any working country where the people in charge would not be as corrupt or as useless as our civil servants and political leaders.

However solar technology at the moment is far cheaper than it ever use to be and far more control on generation is given to the end users which means accountability.... if this is implemented like the way the article indicates it will be it will be a game changer that will allow other Nigerians to know 24hr light is very achievable without waiting for useless leaders to their jobs.

Just look at all they have stolen from our non-working refineries.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Centcanada: 9:15am On Nov 30, 2020
If you type anything that concern APC or Fulani, Nairaland will not post it. It will even change it to another thing entirely.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Farki: 9:16am On Nov 30, 2020
AndroBlaze:

It seems you know very little about solar and its capabilities.

Solar power won't work at night or during cloud cover in the rainy season and fog of Harmattan so it's not even going to deliver 24/7 electricity. A combination of wind and solar with inverters is the way to go.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by ajutant(m): 9:16am On Nov 30, 2020
Useless government, believe this at your own peril. Another scheme to loot public funds. A government that could not release indomie for citizens will give solar power. grin grin grin Useless government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 30, 2020
Jagznation:
If it can serve 24/7 I'll gladly pay
You better migrate to neighboring west African countries like Togo, Ghana if you want to have access to 247 uninterrupted power supply, it is not far from home.
You think Nigerian government does not know such initiative in other to improve on stable electricity over the years? Why bringing such initiatives now knowing that it is only a scam.
Believe the 419 scam at your own peril
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by MrHighSea: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2020
I don't need to read all through to know that IT WILL FAIL. EXTREME INCOMPETENCY IS HIV TO INNOVATION.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by biafranrealson: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2020
A village man will pay 4000 naira every month for 3 years

use your tongue to count your teeth
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by bluefilm: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2020
uniqueboi1:
You cannot provide ordinary light you want to bill people for solar power. Na una create sun?

This mentality is what is killing you people.

You want everything for free without doing anything.

Go to America that you all want to be like, and tell me if electricity is free there.

Nonsense. sad
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by sapientia(m): 9:19am On Nov 30, 2020
budaatum:
https://techcabal.com/2020/02/14/solar-power-nigeria/

Thanks very much for this.

Until Nigerian government can achieve stable power.

Anyone who has more than enough to spend should just get the 3 sources.

I prefer my solar mostly at night if there is no government power so I can hear any noise around.

Blue power is a no no for nights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Aboguede(m): 9:19am On Nov 30, 2020
grin
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by udemzyudex(m): 9:20am On Nov 30, 2020
What happened to electricity? I thought fashola said a good government should get it ready within 6 months?
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by 12345baba(m): 9:20am On Nov 30, 2020
E go make sense if they do am.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by biggy26: 9:22am On Nov 30, 2020
Jagznation:
Do you live in the village?
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by awa(m): 9:22am On Nov 30, 2020
uniqueboi1:
You cannot provide ordinary light you want to bill people for solar power. Na una create sun?

9ja people no dey laugh... What a question. No be him create Sun jareee
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:24am On Nov 30, 2020
saintbillion:
25 Million Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/25m-nigerians-to-own-n5m-solar-systems-at-n4000-monthly/amp/

WE ARE WATCHING AS OUR MONEY TRAVELS UNDER FAKE GOVERNMENT SCHEME
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by majamajic(m): 9:29am On Nov 30, 2020
Jagznation:

Battery replacement be the issue , after 3 months battery will go flat , u need about 500k to replace
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by damiloladuke: 9:29am On Nov 30, 2020
Just like mtn lumous
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 30, 2020
Iconstar:
grin

Talk is cheap. Useless kwantry. Useless government.

U don talk am finish. Bunch of useless people.
I just day imagine that self deceit way thm day do in the name of say them day manufacture automobiles for Kano. I give u 9 years, as them use do Peugeot for Kaduna, na so them go use do am
even worse, this nonsense one way them day propose go end likewise. People way no go school, i wonder wetin them wan form say them know.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Enosa1(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2020
Nice Idea, these guys seems to be waking up from their slumber. We @SolarDuke Electrical will be glad to partner with FG to realize this.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2020
That article is an eye opener to anyone seeking to waste your money on solar energy..
It seems the solar energy technology isn't advanced in our part of the world because there are electric cars with batteries that can run more than a mile with out running out of battery charge.
Why can't such innovation be replicated in solar energy efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Arizonaz: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2020
I have disowned this government for a very long time. All theses agenda nah scam.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by pointstores(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2020
Good one

We build affordable solar system that works 15hours in a day

15hours Powerbank for rechargeable fan now in stock

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by isaythetruth(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2020
Kosoco:
Even at this stage Nigeria is still talking about light since 1999. Haba which way Politicians which way....
my brother honestly the thing suppose Shame Nigeria... electricity generation is not rocket science na.. Nigeria is just a huge joke of a country, we are still talking about providing 24hours power in the country, when other countries have moved forward..
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by farem: 9:39am On Nov 30, 2020
Jagznation:

Is it the duration you are concerned about, what about the load capacity?
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by babatilewa: 9:39am On Nov 30, 2020
I have been on solar provided by mtn Lumos for over 4months, NEPA just came to disconnect my light, me self don't dutch them, I pay 7300 every month and my light is 247, 4k, I all gladly join
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by hush15: 9:41am On Nov 30, 2020
saintbillion:
25 Million Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/25m-nigerians-to-own-n5m-solar-systems-at-n4000-monthly/amp/

This doesn't make sense. Why give individuals solar systems that cost 5million each in which the will pay 4k monthly and for just 25million which am pretty sure most will go to middle belt to up north.
While not have regional or better still have state solar stations that will power their constituencies. There are more than enough land that will house it. Lagos to Ibadan express way will power almost half of lagos, Ibadan and Ogun. That way, there is less burden on national grid and with the support of the solar stations, if not all, most homes will have light which is more than 25million

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by uniqueboi1(m): 9:41am On Nov 30, 2020
bluefilm:

This mentality is what is killing you people.

You want everything for free without doing anything.

Go to America that you all want to be like, and tell me if electricity is free there.

Nonsense. sad

You must be very foolish
What have they been doing with all the taxes they've been collecting since 1960 that they can't provide ordinary power.
I'm sure you just want to show the world your stupidity, if not no right thinking person would support this trash you posted.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 30, 2020
Iconstar:
grin

Talk is cheap. Useless kwantry. Useless government.

You must be very stupid to have typed this. There definitely is a timeline for this project to kick start and elapse. Then if it turned out to be a "white elephant project" then u can spew trash but not before.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by uniqueboi1(m): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2020
Mammangaddafi:
Lol....na u create the panel?

Let them convert the power bills Nigerians pay for every single month even when they don't get the power.
They can use that money and supply billions of panels and inverters and enough change would remain.
I no blame you sha, na sense you no get.
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by sulaak(m): 9:46am On Nov 30, 2020
TheRareGem1:
There are some Nigerians who are not connected to the National grid as such, FG is ready to come to their aid by giving them an alternative means to electricity supply; solar energy. This will create jobs and upgrade the livelihood of some people. This token to be paid monthly is to maintain the panel.

It's a brilliant idea but you are missing two important issues.

Will the solar panel and battery be manufactured in Nigeria? How will Nigeria manage the N4000 month payment from the recipient of the loan?

I have always suggested that Nigeria installed electricity capacity of 13,000 MW should be dedicated to industry and establishment and the public should be moved onto solar energy
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Giwoni: 9:47am On Nov 30, 2020
OneTemplate:

They are not "billing"for solar power. Read again. The 4k per month appears to be instalment payment towards households permanently owning a #5million solar power system.

It is a good and commendable plan if corruption does not compromise it because a 5 million solar system should be quite powerful enough to deal with all the electricity needs of a household minus AC. It is clean and fuel-free energy also
So how old are you now that, you want to pay #4,000 per month installment for the next 104 years before you can be a true owner of the so called solar system? Sometimes we should be very fast in thinking though!
Re: Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 30, 2020
Eiyaaaaaaaa!

And APC zombies claimed this fool had a magic wand to upgrade nepa to give light 247. They said if we want steady power supply we should vote out PDP. Funny enough the slowpoke who made that statement is the currently in charge of power and we are seeing how they are giving us the light. They want to use this to buy time. What of the prepaid meter?

USELESS COUNTRY WITH USELESS MASSES BEING LED BY USELESS LEADERS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Bukola Saraki Lands In Kwara State In Company Of Other Senators. See Photos / Lauretta Onochie Confirmed As NDDC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.