Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing (394 Views)

My Aquaculture Journey: Venture Into Catfish Farming With Me(picstory) / Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring / See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by AptSpeaker(m): 1:56am On Nov 30, 2020
Good morning Great Farmers and Nairalanders. I'm a fresh graduate looking to start life with a business in catfish. I've got a budget of 1.5million naira and I need your advise on how to go about it.
Please could well meaning farmers be kind to give me a break down of the costs for rearing fishes for four months until smoking size.

I'd like to add that I've budget five hundred thousand naira for the smoking machine and as such I'd be left with 1million for the pond, well, fishes, feed and miscellaneous.

Please, how much can 1 million naira do for me after factoring in the aforementioned cost? In essence, how many fishes can I stock after deducting the costs of constructing a pond? Please which is cheaper or more effecient? A earthen pond or a concrete pond?

Thanks as you respond.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Olayinka777(m): 2:04am On Nov 30, 2020
Good one! Your location pls?
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Olayinka777(m): 2:05am On Nov 30, 2020
I can assist u with adequate planning on how to profit in this venture.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by AptSpeaker(m): 2:14am On Nov 30, 2020
My location is Ekiti sir
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by LeeSantos(m): 2:40am On Nov 30, 2020
don't let anyone assist you online. everybody is dubious. get someone who owns a catfish business in Ur vicinity to help you, they can help you provide market where they sell theirs. @ least if any thing arise, the law can work with u.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Olayinka777(m): 2:41am On Nov 30, 2020
AptSpeaker:
My location is Ekiti sir
Oh ok! That's not far from me as I am in Abuja. U are in a very good location & I bet u will profit from the venture hugely provided u play your cards well.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Olayinka777(m): 2:43am On Nov 30, 2020
The truth is u don't even need to rear them for 4 months at 3 months u are very good to go as far as drying/processing is concerned.
I fabricate Smoke Klin Dryers.

Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by AptSpeaker(m): 2:45am On Nov 30, 2020
Thanks for the reply sir. What size should I rear them to and what pond do you think is best?
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by AptSpeaker(m): 2:48am On Nov 30, 2020
LeeSantos:
don't let anyone assist you online. everybody is dubious. get someone who owns a catfish business in Ur vicinity to help you, they can help you provide market where they sell theirs. @ least if any thing arise, the law can work with u.

Thanks for your response sir. I know nairaland to be a place where one can get huge wealth of knowledge with the availability of many experts. I want to gather everything I can online before proceeding to a physical farm. Tha ks for your cautionary advice I'll be careful.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Olayinka777(m): 2:50am On Nov 30, 2020
AptSpeaker:
Thanks for the reply sir. What size should I rear them to and what pond do you think is best?
In 3 months with proper planning & good seeds u should have at least 300 grams weight size. If u have an earthen pond ,good! If it's tapolyn or concrete ponds u have u are also good to go. Make sure u have adequate water ooo cos water is fish ,fish is also water. I hope u get what I mean?
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Olayinka777(m): 2:51am On Nov 30, 2020
LeeSantos:

Oga,I am not part of the dubious ones pls.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Homeboiy: 3:00am On Nov 30, 2020
undecided
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by quivah(f): 3:07am On Nov 30, 2020
Please listen to leesantos. Don't let anyone try to corner you with fake experience as the other person is just trying to sell his fabricated machine. I am very sure he has very little knowledge of fish farming to give you genuine answers to your questions.
Imagine 'fish is water, water is fish' cheesy.
The first thing is getting started with farming. Don't buy the machine yet. Just start with your fishes and follow your local farmers, they have the experience and knowledge you need. There is a 500-page thread on fish farming here and it contains every information you need to get started. Just a few the first 30 pages or more. You can also start looking for your market now. You can start looking to buy the machine in a few weeks for harvesting.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by BusinessCity: 3:45am On Nov 30, 2020
Your project seem flawed even before it has taken off.

I beg you in God's name before you start write down your expenses and all you'll need from start to finish. Do not try to buy even one bucket before you do this

I wish we were close by so I could impart some education. But, from one look at your plan, brother, it's a good idea but you don't have the right way to go about it.

Please seek out a consultant or move into another venture
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by LeeSantos(m): 3:57am On Nov 30, 2020
Olayinka777:
Oga,I am not part of the dubious ones pls.
was ur name mentioned. why is Ur conscience judging u.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by utepu: 4:35am On Nov 30, 2020
Take it easy my people
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Olayinka777(m): 6:03am On Nov 30, 2020
LeeSantos:

was ur name mentioned. why is Ur conscience judging u.

Guy,can u hear yourself? I have no word for u.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Olayinka777(m): 6:05am On Nov 30, 2020
utepu:
Take it easy my people

Thanks jare correct person.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by okey95644: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2020
The truth is u don't even need to rear them for 4 months at 3 months u are very good to go as far as drying/processing is concerned.I fabricate Smoke Klin Dryers.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by quivah(f): 9:32am On Nov 30, 2020
okey95644:
The truth is u don't even need to rear them for 4 months at 3 months u are very good to go as far as drying/processing is concerned.I fabricate Smoke Klin Dryers.
@op this is olayinka777. This guy doesn't care about you or your biz but rather selling his dryer.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by Olayinka777(m): 10:06am On Nov 30, 2020
quivah:

@op this is olayinka777. This guy doesn't care about you or your biz but rather selling his dryer.
Hmmmmmm
Silence remains the best option for u.
Re: Please Advise Me As I Venture Into Catfish Rearing by oyabak2020: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
If you are in Oyo state and you are interested in any of the following:

*Cassava farming
*Snail
*Fish farming
*Poultry
*Piggery
*Animal feeds production
*Vegetable farming
*Goat farming
*Grass cutter
*Rabbit rearing
*Mushroom farming
*Beekeeping

*Soap moaking
*Paint making
*Bead making
*Perfume making
*Shoe & bag making
*Insecticide making
*Digital marketing
*Makeup
*Chips production & packaging
*Catering services

Come let's train you, empower you and access zero interest loan.

Chat me up via signature for details

(1) (Reply)

Stone Free Acha Grain Ready For pick up / Agric Expert/sourcing Agent. / Organic Treatment For Cough And Sneeze In Poultry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.