Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

The Suicide Urge Trigger - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Suicide Urge Trigger (585 Views)

The Owner Of The SUV At 3rd Mainland Had Nothing To Do With The Suicide - LASEMA / Gunmen Who Killed Rivers DPO, Arrested. See Who Pulled The Trigger. Photos / Sarco: The 'Suicide Machine' Invented By Philip Nitschke "Dr Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Suicide Urge Trigger by TheSourcerer: 11:23am On Nov 30, 2020
Suicide is rampant now in Nigerian states , all over the region ,none excluded , even the rich , ever wondered why ?

No it's not depression , it's not Sadness , it is not been too wealthy , suicide is an emotion , an urge , and you will 80percent chance commit suicide when you get this particular emotion

Humans are a collection of wild animals and the meek ones , predators, serial killers, paedophiles, black widows ,Family Annahilatiors ,collectors, necrophiliacs, kleptomaniacs , spree killers , even the homosexuals .
We are not just humans as a group term ,there humans still with these animal instincts ,genetic anomalies you may call them .

Suicide is this instinct that kicks in and there is little or nothing you can do about it , this is why people without this instinct cannot fathom why suiciders commit suicides, or why the serial killer never stops killing , the klepto cant do without hoarding little objects of practically no value to her ,its mostly women who are klepts
A family Annahilatior , kills his entire family in a night ,

Keep 80,000 children born of same mother and father in a room and raise them perfect
Rapists would be amongst them
Some would commit suicide
A lot would be killed by other children
Of course the goody two shoes will take the majority

I'll continue soon.....

Quick Question was Mathematics invented or was it discovered. ?
MJBOLT palehair stacyO

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by TheSourcerer: 11:46am On Nov 30, 2020
All in all, our purpose of life is to consume and be consumed

Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by techmo(m): 11:51am On Nov 30, 2020
cool

Personally I think a good spirituality with any supreme beings you believe in is key to eliminating this negative instinct.....

Rich people are suicidal, poor people are suicidal

Rich people are Kleptomania with urge to steal same as poor

Happy people are suicidal Sadist are Suicidal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
Consume and be consumed.
Mmmmmm

Suicide is caused by no other factor than harsh realities of life.
Not everyone is hard hearted enough to withstand the storm.
Fragility of the heart is something very rampant just that people tend to play tough a lot.

The mind on it's own has ways of playing tricks with the brains which in turn makes you see things from a very very different perspective. You read worse into almost everything you do and it will always seem like your life is the most fvcked up of all.

It ain't actually.
It's just your mind playing tricks with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by Palehair: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Wow, is this a coincidence or what? I just finished reading Robert E. Litman's book "the psychology of suicide" Here's an excerpt ;
Several studies in this issue suggested other important risk factors for suicide.Tavakoli et al. examined the association between attentional control and suicidal behavior among a cohort of inpatient adolescents presenting acute suicidal behavior compared to healthy controls. A passively presented auditory optimal paradigm was used. The extent of processing these “to-be-ignored” auditory stimuli was measured by recording event-related potentials (ERPs), which are thought to reflect processes linked with capturing attention. The study found a relatively low threshold for the triggering of the involuntary switch of attention among suicidal patients, a factor that may play a role in their reported distractibility. Thompson and Chen Ong investigated the association of suicidal behavior with neurological and behavioral markers, measuring attentional bias and inhibition in two Stroop tasks, as well as recorded activity in frontal areas by EEG (Electroencephalogram) during each task. High-risk participants showed slower response times in the color Stroop (as well as to the word “suicide”) and reduced accuracy in incongruent trials, but faster response times in the emotional Stroop task (with reduced activity in leftward frontal areas). Results confirmed that suicide attempters have deficits in attentional control that may be related to particular conditions of frontal asymmetry.

The book is a bit outdated, but for its time (80’s) it was very helpful in starting a discussion about suicide that most people are inclined to avoid.
The book mostly deals with the psychological and biological theories that spheres the subject whereas your theory dealt with the social cause and the aversion that it's an innate feeling. As humans, we lash out when things go insane because we are rapid social animals inclined to act. Suicide is really ironic because I view it as a disappearance of self worth with the fear of death but no fear of physical pain. In the moment where we pan out or where we feel burdensome, no sense of belonging and other causes of suicide, we are stressed. The Brain has various stress responses (HPA) , this is heightened hence clinical depression which is the major parent of suicide. Your theory might be a bit flawed as it's not always innate but factors speeds the process but you are right about one thing, when one falls into all the categories of humans you mentioned, they feel alone, unwanted, unloved so what they do is they lash out investing in memories to satisfy that space and when its all down the drain, suicide is then the final resort.

Well done TheSourcerer for springing up a convo on this topic and I implore y'all to read Robert E Litman's book, it's an eye opener, though it's outdated now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by Meedon: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Okay
Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by TheSourcerer: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
StacyO:
Consume and be consumed.
Mmmmmm

Suicide is caused by no other factor than harsh realities of life.
Not everyone is hard hearted enough to withstand the storm.
Fragility of the heart is something very rampant just that people tend to play tough a lot.

The mind on it's own has ways of playing tricks with the brains which in turn makes you see things from a very very different perspective. You read worse into almost everything you do and it will always seem like your life is the most fvcked up of all.

It ain't actually.
It's just your mind playing tricks with you.

It's not the mind playing tricks I'll say , you believe whatever your mind/consciousness says is reality

If the mind/consciousness is set on killing the person will kill
Masturbation you would say is another trick of the mind?
No it's the mind/ Consciousness that determines the urge that eventually leads to the act itself masturbation,

We fall in love , is this by choice ,or the mind /consciousness , we believe we ourselves are in love but it's really our mind setting these milestones for who we love , our favourite colour , choice of music , basically
We do not even know why we love who we love , well you could say it's a trick of the mind as no one else experiences these things but the people who do .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
TheSourcerer:

It's not the mind playing tricks I'll say , you believe whatever your mind/consciousness says is reality

If the mind/consciousness is set on killing the person will kill
Masturbation you would say is another trick of the mind?
No it's the mind/ Consciousness that determines the urge that eventually leads to the act itself masturbation,

We fall in love , is this by choice ,or the mind /consciousness , we believe we ourselves are in love but it's really our mind setting these milestones for who we love , our favourite colour , choice of music , basically
We do not even know why we love who we love , well you could say it's a trick of the mind as no one else experiences these things but the people who do .

Its way more complicated than you can imagine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by TheSourcerer: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2020
StacyO:

Its way more complicated than you can imagine
I Know ,everything seems to be.
Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by IMAliyu(m): 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Hmm...

The few(2) times near suicidal thoughts have kicked in for me, were when I felt useless or failed woefully at something.

When those negative thoughts and self-doubt
creep into your head and swallow you.
"You are a failure, You will never be anything and will never accomplish anything"
"You are a waist of space and resources, and burden on the people around you"
"would rather die than to end up as a lazy useless bum that would live off the charity of others"
Something along these lines.

Sometimes it works more as a motivation to get up and get things done, other times it just messes up your pysche and you would rather just disappear off the face of the planet.

The trigger is most likely just your brain playing tricks on you and amplifying your condition to be worse than it really is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Suicide Urge Trigger by IMAliyu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2020
sammyije:

This is what am going through right now
I lost both of my parents within 3 years
I dropped out of school , currently useless
Lord help me
Yikes. That's tough man.

I'm no good at consoling someone.

Hope you get through this.

(1) (Reply)

Trial Of Chief Mike Adenuga, Globacom: Court Sets Date / Proprietor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting A Teenage Girl / Breaking: Bandits Abduct APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.