Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,763 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:57 AM

Farmers Killed By Boko Haram Had No Military Clearance Before Resuming Farming - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farmers Killed By Boko Haram Had No Military Clearance Before Resuming Farming (429 Views)

Zabarmari Massacre: A Student, Babangida Among Farmers Killed By Boko Haram / Zabarmari: Zulum Leads Horrified Kinsmen To Bury 43 Farmers Killed By Boko Haram / Nigeria: No Police, No Military, No Media. Just An Order. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Farmers Killed By Boko Haram Had No Military Clearance Before Resuming Farming by ExAngel007(f): 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Presidential spokesman Garba Shehu reacted to
the murder of scores of farmers in Zabarmari
village by asking whether the victims got
military clearance before resuming farming.

Mr. Shehu said this while speaking to BBC
'Newsday' on Sunday, November 29, hours after
the gruesome killings.

Garba Shehu said the government was sad about
the tragic incident, but added that the "people
need to understand what it is like in the Lake
Chad Basin area."

He insisted that much of the area has been
liberated from Boko Haram terrorists but
said there are still some areas that have not
been cleared for the return of villagers who
have been displaced.

He continued: "The truth has to be said. Was
there any military clearance from the military
who are in total control of the area?

"Did anybody ask to resume activity?"

Mr. Shehu said he had been briefed by military
authorities that the villagers did not seek
military advice before exposing themselves to "a
window that the terrorists have exploited."

He added: "So ideally, all of these places ought
to probably be allowed to pass through proper
military clearance before resettlement or even
farmers resuming activities on those fields."

His statement comes only hours after at least
43 rice farmers were slaughtered by Boko
Haram terrorists while they were working on
their farms.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/11/garba-shehu-asks-whether-farmers-killed-by-boko-haram-got-military-clearance-before-resuming-farming-2.html

Re: Farmers Killed By Boko Haram Had No Military Clearance Before Resuming Farming by nazicartel(m): 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
I doubt he said this.. but if eventually he uttered this Nonsense after their gov't said that Boko Haram has technically been defeated, then painful death awaits them all
Re: Farmers Killed By Boko Haram Had No Military Clearance Before Resuming Farming by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
I don't think this man will be so stupid to utter such statement. Even though he has made some stupid statements in the past. But this one will be the stupidest of it all, if he truly said it. angry angry angry angry
Re: Farmers Killed By Boko Haram Had No Military Clearance Before Resuming Farming by Nbotee(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jus imagine how insensitive dis ppl in govt are...
Re: Farmers Killed By Boko Haram Had No Military Clearance Before Resuming Farming by Mynd44: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2020

(1)

‘I Saw 4 Corpses At Lekki Tollgate When I Went To Pick My Brother’s Body’ / Presidency Warns Those Threatening Buhari With Nigeria's Break-Up / Osun Monarch Hints Nigerian Government To Pull Out Of Anti People's Treaty' ICC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.