Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury (390 Views)

Biden Appoints Osagie Imasogie, Chinenye Ogwumike As Advisers (pic) / Biden Appoints Enoh Titilayo Ebong As Acting Director USTDA / Biden Appoints Adewale Wally Adeyemo As US Deputy Treasury Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by Shegunsmart(m): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
President-Elect Joe Biden to name Nigerian-American *ADEWALE ADEYEMO* as Deputy Treasury Secretary ( *Deputy Minister of Finance of the United States of America*)

Adewale “Wally” Adeyemo, a Nigerian-born attorney and former senior international economic adviser during the Obama administration, will serve as *deputy Treasury secretary under former Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, who Biden plans to appoint to lead the Treasury Department*.

Adewale Adeyemo is currently the President of the Obama Foundation.

He previously served as the first Deputy National Security Advisor for International Economics from 2015-2016, and Deputy Director of the National Economic Council.
*He is 39 years old*.

This will be the HIGHEST LEVEL a Nigerian-American has reached in the USA Government in the 244 years history of the United States of America.

Read more about "Wally" at -
https://www.csis.org/people/wally-adeyemo
Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by adexeli(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
Nigerians keep representing... Kudos... Meanwhile.... Get your unique business Logo( 3D + Transparent format + PDF + Source file +Facebook cover) for just 3K

Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by oliseh99: 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
Really?

I am thinking Obama is indirectly going to rule America
Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by Aconomist: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Who cares? I'm only concerned with the progress of Nigeria. What does a Nigerian helping the U.S. change in Africa?
Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by Aconomist: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2020
adexeli:
Nigerians keep representing... Kudos
The niger-man wants representation in the white man's world instead of building his own.
Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by johnmartus(m): 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
Gossip
Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by muykem: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Honest Yoruba man. If you put some other people in such position then.......I can't shout
Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
muykem:
Honest Yoruba man. If you put some other people in such position then.......I can't shout
Nigerian f.ucked up system allows all manner of rubbish. Man is inherently corrupt. When you see a nonsense system you simply queue in.
Chinese cannot try the rubbish they try here in Nigeria back in their country.

Bad system, reason we are clamouring for a restructure or break up. The north will never allow the system to function because their incompetence
only succeeds in a f.u.cked up system like in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by muykem: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Nigerian f.ucked up system allows all manner of rubbish. Man is inherently corrupt. When you see a nonsense system you simply queue in.
Chinese cannot try the rubbish they try here in Nigeria back in their country.

Bad system, reason we are clamouring for a restructure or break up. The north will never allow the system to function because their incompetence
only succeeds in a f.u.cked up system like in Nigeria.
I disagree with you to some extent. We still have honest people in our system and when it' comes to integrity southerners are not better than northerners.
Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by adexeli(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
Aconomist:
The niger-man wants representation in the white man's world instead of building his own.

That's not the message being passed across here.. It only goes a long way to show that Nigerians are very smart people and if we can really let go of tribalism and nepotism, we can make Nigeria great.
Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
muykem:
I disagree with you to some extent. We still have honest people in our system and when it' comes to integrity southerners are not better than northerners.

You don't get it. I am not talking of honest people. Am talking of how honest the system is.
Close your eyes and reason and tell me if you have n honest system.
So yes, if the northern indigenes try to be honest, how will that work in a dishonest system?

Who made the system this dishonest? Check your history and you will understand the north made it.
Read about IBB government. Read about Abacha. Who drafted 1999 constitution?

What do we call "Quota System?" Why do the north fail in private enterprises staff payroll?
My dear, as an older guy, you need a lecture from me.

1 Like

Re: Biden Appoints Nigerian To Lead Us Treasury by ifex370(m): 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
adexeli:

That's not the message being passed across here.. It only goes a long way to show that Nigerians are very smart people and if we can really let go of tribalism and nepotism, we can make Nigeria great.

Anybody can be smart, but when places in a corrupt system your dullness go de very evident.

(1) (Reply)

ELECTRICITY Privatization Fraud And It's End In View. / Legal Fireworks Resume Today In Certificate Forgery Case Against Obaseki / Northern Group Demands Arrest Of APC Leader, Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.