Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump (389 Views)

Wisconsin State Asks Trump To Pay $9.7 Million As Charges For A Recount / Nigerian-American Woman Celebrates Biden's Victory With 'Crazy' Dance Steps / Kayleigh McEnany Tweets Sinach’s Song'Way Maker' Over Trump, US Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by Blaksheep: 6:59am On Dec 01, 2020
A recount of the 2020 election results in two of the largest counties in Wisconsin has confirmed that Joe Biden won the state by more than 20,000 votes over Donald Trump.

The Trump campaign, which requested the recount, spent $3m to fund it, per state rules. The recount actually added 87 more votes to Mr Biden’s lead than was initially reported.

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/wisconsin-recount-trump-biden-election-b1763572.html

Milwaukee County completed its recount on Friday. Dane County, which includes the state capital of Madison and is the second-most populous county in the state, completed its recount on Sunday.
News networks called the Wisconsin presidential contest for Mr Biden weeks ago, but Mr Trump has been pushing unsubstantiated election fraud claims while questioning the results in Wisconsin and other key swing states that delivered Mr Biden his victory in the Electoral College.

Federal courts in the Badger State, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, and elsewhere have thrown out challenge after challenge to the election results from the Trump campaign’s legal team being led by Rudy Giuliani.
On Sunday, in his first public interview since his 2020 defeat, Mr Trump let loose a torrent of discredited conspiracy theories about a stolen 2020 election and lamented that his position as president doesn’t give him special privileges in the courts.

“I wanted to file one suit — Donald J Trump, President of the United States against… you know,” the president said in his interview with Fox News host Maria Bartiromo, unable to name who the defendant would actually be in such a suit.
“Put everything into one simple suit. And they say, 'Sir, you don't have standing.' I say, 'I don't have standing? President of the United States — I don't have standing?' What kind of a court system is this?” Mr Trump said.

Wisconsin election officials had informed the Trump campaign that if they wanted a recount of the entire state it would cost them $7.9m. The campaign then opted for the two counties — Dane and Milwaukee — where they felt they had their best odds.
Source: Independent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:02am On Dec 01, 2020
OK
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by infini771: 7:04am On Dec 01, 2020
This election falls below standard. Can you imagine
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by FunkeOseni: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2020
The election is a sham and a disgrace to U.S
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by omenka(m): 7:07am On Dec 01, 2020
Insult upon injury, and Trump's team would probably foot the bills for the recount. Eyaa.
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 01, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

I thought election in America is better than Nigeria in terms of rigging. Till I saw Trump and Biden election vote, I lose hope.

Corruption is evitable in politics!!!
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by obami007(m): 7:09am On Dec 01, 2020
Trump should let go abeg
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by Eriokanmi: 7:13am On Dec 01, 2020
infini771:
because biden garnered more votes? Today is December 1st, wake up! You're so funny. Machine counts of ballots always comes with a margin of errors which doesn't in most cases, change the total result or winner by a few thousands. That's why manual recount is done in a case where the margin of winning is so slim to determine who actually won an election in the USA. It happened last week when a democrat won the reps seat which they call Congress over there, with a very slim margin over the republican candidate. They had to resort to manual count and the republican lady won by less than 10 votes. Biden has won this election fair and square. Trump can contest again in 2024 if he so wishes.

5 Likes

Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by Kaiser20: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2020
Trump & his legal teams are just fighting in vain, he is fighting a losing battle.

3 Likes

Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by infini771: 7:20am On Dec 01, 2020
Eriokanmi:
because biden garnered more votes? Today is December 1st, wake up! You're so funny. Machine counts of ballots always comes with a margin of errors which doesn't in most cases, change the total result or winner by a few thousands. That's why manual recount is done in a case where the margin of winning is so slim to determine who actually won an election in the USA. It happened last week when a democrat won the reps sest which they call Congress over there, with a very slim margin over the republican candidate. They had to resort to manual count and the republican lady won by less than 10 votes. Biden has won this election fair and square. He can contest again in 2024 if he so wishes.
Then you agree that Buhari won the 2019 election. If America can count their votes 20 times and come out with different figures each time, then the election falls below standard.
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by doggedfighter(f): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2020
I hope they are getting Trump pay for the recounting
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by Xisnin(m): 7:25am On Dec 01, 2020
infini771:

What standard?

gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

I thought election in America is better than Nigeria in terms of rigging. Till I saw Trump and Biden election vote, I lose hope.

Corruption is evitable in politics!!!

Real life is not like movies. If you spend some time examining everything you know about the west, you would see that most are pure exaggerations and even fantasies. I hope you have learned your lessons.

FunkeOseni:
The election is a sham and a disgrace to U.S

The election is fine like others before it. There has never been a perfect American election or any country for that matter. The disgraced one will be kicked out in January.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by GIdiata(m): 7:49am On Dec 01, 2020
Hypocritical Nigerians will wail and wail and wail and will never stop WAILING once it doesn't favour them. once it favours them, everything is fine.
in Nigeria, all

States won by APC= election was rigged, threat to DEMOCRACY

States won by PDP= election was free and fair.

You are thousands of miles away from USA how did u know election was rigged there? your Lord and savior, Trump said it.
yeye People.
the DEMOCRACY of the world's most Democratic COUNTRY is now under threat because Trump lost. Nonsense
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by oluwa5418: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2020
ArrrrrrrhI thought election in America is better than Nigeria in terms of rigging. Till I saw Trump and Biden election vote, I lose hope.Corruption is evitable in politics!!!
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by Blaksheep: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2020
Killing shocked
Re: Wisconsin Recount Adds 87 Votes To Biden’s Victory Over Trump by Potch: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
infini771:

Then you agree that Buhari won the 2019 election. If America can count their votes 20 times and come out with different figures each time, then the election falls below standard.

Kindly go and read about sampling error, maybe you will understand why margin of error is associated with counting a large number of items?

(1) (Reply)

Pence Mobilized National Guard At Capitol, Not Trump / Five Presidents, Prime Minister ‘who Mishandled COVID-19’ Response / Boko Haram Invade Cameroonian Military Base, Kill 7 Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.