Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Walking Dead Boss Talks About Competing With Hbo's Last Of Us TV Show - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Walking Dead Boss Talks About Competing With Hbo's Last Of Us TV Show (179 Views)

Female Athletes Get Embarrassed Competing With Men At The Olympics / Xbox Boss Talks Project Scorpio Price / Fear The Walking Dead Season 6: Is Morgan Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Walking Dead Boss Talks About Competing With Hbo's Last Of Us TV Show by miniming: 9:34am On Dec 01, 2020
The Walking Dead Boss Talks About Competing With HBO's Last Of Us TV Show

"There's room for all of us," Scott Gimple says about the two shows.

HBO recently greenlit the Last of Us TV show, meaning it might enter production relatively soon. An official release date for the program has not been announced yet, but people are guessing that it may debut around the time that another show with zombies--The Walking Dead--airs its 11th and final season in 2022.

Scott Gimple, the head of content for The Walking Dead at AMC, said in a new interview with Insider that he's not worried about potentially competing with The Last of Us.

"I think there's room for all of us, with zombies and the different ways of telling zombie tales," Gimple said of the two shows. "I'm going to be watching both. I hope a lot of people will be watching."

Gimple went on to point out that The Last of Us and The Walking Dead are very different properties, so both should be able to find their own audiences.

"It's an amazing game," Gimple said in reference to The Last of Us. "There are some amazing creators that have gotten involved in it and I think it's incredibly different than 'The Walking Dead.' It's a very, very different take."

HBO's The Last of Us TV show is produced by Craig Mazin (The Hangover series, Chernobyl), with the game's writer and director, Neil Druckmann, also on staff. There have been no casting announcements yet, but those are expected in due time now that the show has been officially picked up for season one.

Not much about the show is known. The series is expected to follow the events of the first game, with the possibility of also overlapping on content present in the game's recent sequel. The adaptation is said to not invalidate or retcon the events in either games, but instead to "expand" on them.

Got a news tip : pg slot
Re: The Walking Dead Boss Talks About Competing With Hbo's Last Of Us TV Show by paulgabrielz: 9:40am On Dec 01, 2020
miniming:
The Walking Dead Boss Talks About Competing With HBO's Last Of Us TV Show

"There's room for all of us," Scott Gimple says about the two shows.

HBO recently greenlit the Last of Us TV show, meaning it might enter production relatively soon. An official release date for the program has not been announced yet, but people are guessing that it may debut around the time that another show with zombies--The Walking Dead--airs its 11th and final season in 2022.

Scott Gimple, the head of content for The Walking Dead at AMC, said in a new interview with Insider that he's not worried about potentially competing with The Last of Us.

"I think there's room for all of us, with zombies and the different ways of telling zombie tales," Gimple said of the two shows. "I'm going to be watching both. I hope a lot of people will be watching."

Gimple went on to point out that The Last of Us and The Walking Dead are very different properties, so both should be able to find their own audiences.

"It's an amazing game," Gimple said in reference to The Last of Us. "There are some amazing creators that have gotten involved in it and I think it's incredibly different than 'The Walking Dead.' It's a very, very different take."

HBO's The Last of Us TV show is produced by Craig Mazin (The Hangover series, Chernobyl), with the game's writer and director, Neil Druckmann, also on staff. There have been no casting announcements yet, but those are expected in due time now that the show has been officially picked up for season one.

Not much about the show is known. The series is expected to follow the events of the first game, with the possibility of also overlapping on content present in the game's recent sequel. The adaptation is said to not invalidate or retcon the events in either games, but instead to "expand" on them.

Got a news tip : pg slot
the last of movie is shitty. I only enjoyed the game

(1) (Reply)

Roof Top Tent On Any Car / Coas Urges Troops Fighting Boko Haram / N-power: Buhari's Minister's Aide Asks Beneficiaries To 'try This If Still Havin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.