Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

It Has Been Sixteen Years Since I Have Been Living With HIV – Bisi Alimi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / It Has Been Sixteen Years Since I Have Been Living With HIV – Bisi Alimi (1720 Views)

I Have Been Living In A Prison All My Life – Charly Boy / Bisi Alimi Accused Of Being A Fake Gay Man For Having A Child - Check Reply / Nigeria Actor/actress Not Good Enough To Feature In "Black Panther" - Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Has Been Sixteen Years Since I Have Been Living With HIV – Bisi Alimi by tonyluyi1985: 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Nigerian born UK based LGBTQ activist, Bisi Alimi said on World Aids Day today that it has been sixteen years now since he was first diagnosed with HIV.
He gained national fame in 2004 when he came out as Nigeria’s first openly gay man in the then New Dawn Show anchored by Funmi Iyanda.
He was quoted to have said today:
On this World AIDS Day, I want to share this again. It’s has been 16yrs I tested positive for HIV. 16yrs I have been living with the virus. The first 4yrs was hard and tough for me, not because of the virus, but because of the stigma and the discrimination and shame. I look back at those 16yrs and where I am today and there is no better way to say this; the resilience and support and love of the people that matter has kept me alive, kept loving, and kept me inspired.
If you are living with HIV, please know that it is no more a death sentence and you can actually live positively with HIV.
Finally, I hope you will acknowledge and appreciate that you are all you have and this life is a gift and what others say or think about you is not your business, but theirs.
Happy World AIDS Day
Source @ https://africanbard.com/2020/12/01/it-has-been-sixteen-years-since-i-have-been-living-with-hiv-bisi-alimi/
Re: It Has Been Sixteen Years Since I Have Been Living With HIV – Bisi Alimi by Righteousness89(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
Living with HIV or aids itself is not a big deal neither is it a Death sentence..
The Death sentence is in Living a lifestyle that is abominable, attracts the Wrath of GOD and which will Guarantee you Hell!

2 Likes

Re: It Has Been Sixteen Years Since I Have Been Living With HIV – Bisi Alimi by Houseofglam7(f): 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
undecided
Re: It Has Been Sixteen Years Since I Have Been Living With HIV – Bisi Alimi by Barka00(m): 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
Living with HIV or aids itself is not a big deal neither is it a Death sentence..
The Death sentence is in Living a lifestyle that is abominable, attracts the Wrath of GOD and which will Guarantee you Hell!
Go and get infected with it tho

1 Like

Re: It Has Been Sixteen Years Since I Have Been Living With HIV – Bisi Alimi by NobleAngell(f): 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
Give your life to Christ. What do you stand to lose?
Re: It Has Been Sixteen Years Since I Have Been Living With HIV – Bisi Alimi by Ekemeze: 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
Re: It Has Been Sixteen Years Since I Have Been Living With HIV – Bisi Alimi by Niom(m): 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2020
Keep managing it till your turn to Christ

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Replies Banky W After He Made The Statement: I Was Disappointed In Him / 10 Quick Things To Know About Isreal Dmw’s New Wife, Sheila Courage David / Where Exactly Is This (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.