Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

“i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament (1044 Views)

Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting / I Want To Quit Acting - Gideon Okeke Reveals / Gideon Okeke And Chidera Uduezue Pre-wedding Photos. Set To Wed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by kings2all: 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2020
“I’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Laments About The Ill-treatment Of Nollywood Actors

Prominent Nollywood Actor, Gideon Okeke has taken to his social media page to speak out against the ill-treatment meted out to actors in the Nigerian movie industry.

While disclosing to the general public that he is beginning to feel frustrated about his acting craft and the usefulness of the actor’s guild in Nigeria, Gideon went ahead to complain about the meagre payment they received for their hard work.

The thespian made this known in a lengthy write-up he made via his Instagram handle.

In his own words;

WHY IS IT RIGHT FOR ACTORS TO NOT RECEIVE ROYALTIES AND RESIDUALS FOR THEIR LIFE’S WORK IN NIGERIA.

IS IT BECAUSE IT SAYS SO IN THE CONTRACT ?

IS THERE REALLY ALWAYS A CONTRACT ?

WHAT THE HECK DOES THE GUILD STAND FOR REALLY ?

I’VE REALLY BEGUN TO FEEL FRUSTRATED IN THIS CRAFT THAT I LOVE SO MUCH. REMEMBER THAT DURING THE TIMES OF COVID LOCKDOWN, ONLY FOLKS WORKING IN “ESSENTIAL SERVICES” WERE ALLOWED TO COME OUT. DOCTORS, NURSES, FARMERS ETC ETC.

LET ME REMIND YOU THAT WHILE YOU WERE HOLED-UP IN YOUR HOME FOR UPWARDS OF 4 MONTHS, WATCHING TELEVISION, THE ACTOR PARTICIPATED ACTIVELY, IN KEEPING YOUR SANITY IN CHECK. THAT’S AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE IF YOU ASK ME.

BUT FOR ALL THAT THE ACTOR DOES (FOR SOCIETY) ALL THAT ACCRUES TO HIM AT THE END OF THE DAY, IS THE UPFRONT PAYMENT WHICH HE ACCEPTED. WHICH MOST OF THE TIME, COMES AT A PIECEMEAL DROP, COVERING FOR A DURATION OF A LIFETIME….FOR LIFE!

Check out his post here:

https://celebrity-profile.com/im-having-an-emotional-breakdown-i-want-to-quit-acting-gideon-okeke-laments-about-the-ill-treatment-of-nollywood-actors/
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by PhGossip: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2020
angry
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by PCG001: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by Mutemenot(m): 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
shocked
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by dawnomike(m): 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2020
Leave acting and join us in business grin
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by humblegirl: 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2020
When did he even start acting that he want to quit
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by Freestainworld(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2020
Do what you know how to do best, that my advice for you.
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by Righteousness89(m): 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
In Me ( JESUS) you will Have Peace!
Not in the World
Not in Wealth
Not in the Media
Not in Pleasure
Not in TV
Not in Radio
Not in Nollywood/ Hollywood
Not in Wealth
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by Houseofglam7(f): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
undecided
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by Romanoff(f): 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
I feel for actors and music artists in Nigeria.

No Royalties, songs and movies are downloaded for free.
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by heniford2: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
been an actor plus business is the key if is only acting sorry hunger go kill you finish

1 Like

Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by Barka00(m): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
In Me ( JESUS) you will Have Peace!
Not in the World
Not in Wealth
Not in the Media
Not in Pleasure
Not in TV
Not in Radio
Not in Nollywood/ Hollywood
Not in Wealth

Just have money
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by anozie33146: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2020
Leave acting and join us in business
Re: “i’m Having An Emotional Breakdown, I Want To Quit Acting” – Gideon Okeke Lament by kings2all: 3:25am On Dec 02, 2020
He should explain further on the cause of the emotional breakdown

(1) (Reply)

Videos Of Davido, Brodashaggy And Chief Priest At The Grand Opening Of Xshrine / Aunty Ramota Surprised Her Fans On Her Way To Church. / Munir Nwoko Becomes The First Nigerian Baby To Have A Verified Instagram Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.